Columbia Lions

Tata

18 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I have to imagine if Bobby Sharp took this job, Columbia is prepared to turn him loose and let him do things the way he wants to. The fact that he’s making big moves with his coaching staff is a good sign. They need to trust him and let him build the program from the ground up and have complete control. Ultimately, I have no dog in the hunt but still. This is a really good job if led in the right direction so I’m curious to see how it’ll go. 

As another poster mentioned, Columbia ran the wing-t under coach Moore. I have to imagine coach Sharp can run whatever offense he wants to run. 

You can count on Bobby Sharp having the Lions up and running the Wing T successfully this summer.

20 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Nah, I'm more like...look at that jerk trying to call attention to himself by throwing other people's business out there.

You don't have to do the "@" thing when you reply either, you get a notification.

And last... I hope that you take all this banter as lightly as I do, and aren't too offended. 

You probably think the WingT is probably the best offense ever created too.

4 hours ago, WingT08 said:

You probably think the WingT is probably the best offense ever created too.

I think that you can win with any of them, as long as you run them well. Creasy (former player for Sharp) runs it well enough that there are maybe four or five schools statewide that would have a reasonable chance to beat them. 

On 11/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, TheEaglesNest said:

So your district isn’t as strong as it has been in the past few years. Indy who went to state  the two years they were in 5a and summit who went to state the past two years. Also, during the Indy period you had Stewart’s creek, Lavergne, Indy and summit in district. All to which are now 6a and dropped down from 6a then. Sorry but this interim hasn’t done anything that’s special this season bc the combined record of opponents columbia has beaten has a record of 16-46 before playoffs.  All this exposure of how columbia has gotten better this year is false advertising. Sorry but I’ve watched columbia play since the 90s and they haven’t been relative till they dropped to 5a then had a good group of players that came through. They are still the same since then. This hype of being the state champs year type of program is far gone. Good year for all the baggage that came with it but it wasn’t bc of the coaching I’m sure. Sorry, but columbia isn’t a program like it was back in 2009 to 2012. Too much hype from people on the radio and around town that don’t know football very well. 

This, I actually had to read this twice to make sure this poster was not talking about Hohenwald.

So, as I understand this, the coach is essentially walking into the same exact situation he was in?

If anyone has any doubts what-so-ever, I can tell you exactly how it will be for Central. As soon as the contracts with Giles County and Lewisburg are up, one will be swapped out with some basketball school such as Unionville. Look for the other one to be swapped with the likes of little ole Collinwood. Of course, they will keep Mount Pleasant and as long as Mount Juliet is down, they will stay on the schedule. From here on out (may take two years for contracts to cycle out) they will have at least five wins due to out of region scheduling. Add in just how bad Spring Hill and Lincoln County are and Winchester doesn’t look like they care about football and you will have at least seven minimal or more like eight win seasons. The region will come down to them playing one team, us! (Bout like Hohenwald/Riversburg or Hohenwald/Chapel Hill).

Now, before I ask if anyone can see the similarities between what is going to be Central’s schedule and Hohenwald's the past three decades, I do want to point out we did make it to and play in the state championship game.

As long as Central stays in 5A and our county brothers stay in 6A, look for Central to have high regular season winning percentages with early round playoff exits!

Y’all heard it here first!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This, I actually had to read this twice to make sure this poster was not talking about Hohenwald.

So, as I understand this, the coach is essentially walking into the same exact situation he was in?

If anyone has any doubts what-so-ever, I can tell you exactly how it will be for Central. As soon as the contracts with Giles County and Lewisburg are up, one will be swapped out with some basketball school such as Unionville. Look for the other one to be swapped with the likes of little ole Collinwood. Of course, they will keep Mount Pleasant and as long as Mount Juliet is down, they will stay on the schedule. From here on out (may take two years for contracts to cycle out) they will have at least five wins due to out of region scheduling. Add in just how bad Spring Hill and Lincoln County are and Winchester doesn’t look like they care about football and you will have at least seven minimal or more like eight win seasons. The region will come down to them playing one team, us! (Bout like Hohenwald/Riversburg or Hohenwald/Chapel Hill).

Now, before I ask if anyone can see the similarities between what is going to be Central’s schedule and Hohenwald's the past three decades, I do want to point out we did make it to and play in the state championship game.

As long as Central stays in 5A and our county brothers stay in 6A, look for Central to have high regular season winning percentages with early round playoff exits!

Y’all heard it here first!

The great thing about the playoffs is it will expose the teams that pad their schedule