Knoxville Catholic 63 Bradley Central 60

Americal198

I watched both teams last week in Greeneville's Lady Classic. Did not see today's game. While today's result is somewhat unexpected, I can't say it is a big surprise. 

Catholic's Sydney Mains, the coach's kid, can hit the threes. She's a sophomore, as is Caroline Krueger. This is a very good, young team.

Coach Mains is a good one by what I saw the first week of the season against South Greene and last week.

Edited by Americal198

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I watched both teams last week in Greeneville's Lady Classic. Did not see today's game. While today's result is somewhat unexpected, I can't say it is a big surprise. 

Catholic's Sydney Mains, the coach's kid, can hit the threes. She's a sophomore, as is Caroline Krueger. This is a very good, young team.

Coach Mains is a good one by what I saw the first week of the season against South Greene and last week.

Great effort today by the Lady Irish. Bradley had beat them pretty badly in two early meetings this year (not to mention by 60 this summer). If Sydney gets hot watch out. She hit 6 3s in the first half and added 2 more to finish the game with 30. She’s had several 7 3point games already this year. Coach Mains is doing an unbelievable job with this program. They’re playing a tough schedule building for the future.

4 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

Great effort today by the Lady Irish. Bradley had beat them pretty badly in two early meetings this year (not to mention by 60 this summer). If Sydney gets hot watch out. She hit 6 3s in the first half and added 2 more to finish the game with 30. She’s had several 7 3point games already this year. Coach Mains is doing an unbelievable job with this program. They’re playing a tough schedule building for the future.

I figured #24 had to have been in the "middle of the mix." Eight threes will take care of any opponent. In last week's South Greene game, SG tried putting their best defender, Amelia Mullins, on Sydney, following her all over the court. Coach dialed up nifty double screens that Mullins could not fight through—enabling Sydney to take and make wide open shots.

A tough schedule WILL help a team improve, as evidenced by what you say in your post. Looks like the future is now.

6 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I figured #24 had to have been in the "middle of the mix." Eight threes will take care of any opponent. In last week's South Greene game, SG tried putting their best defender, Amelia Mullins, on Sydney, following her all over the court. Coach dialed up nifty double screens that Mullins could not fight through—enabling Sydney to take and make wide open shots.

A tough schedule WILL help a team improve, as evidenced by what you say in your post. Looks like the future is now.

Talk about improving... Bradley had beaten then handily in the past two meeting this year... not counting a 60 point summer loss..

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

It's a rainy night in East Tennessee. Nothing to do except send a picture from the Ladies Classic official program.

Good Luck!

Irish.jpg

Check out our 6’3” manager. Playing volleyball in college but Coach should make her dress out just to have a big body and 5 extra fouls. Not often your manager is the biggest girl in the team picture. LOL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Check out our 6’3” manager. Playing volleyball in college but Coach should make her dress out just to have a big body and 5 extra fouls. Not often your manager is the biggest girl in the team picture. LOL

I thought she was a player with an injury. The coach is good size, also. I bet there was a time when he was rough and rowdy.