Greeneville Football 2022

TheTelfordTank

2 hours ago, TheTelfordTank said:

I started this thread expecting to get some chatter started.  The Green Devils return a really good portion of last years team.  They were fun to watch, but fell short.  

In my opinion Greeneville will have a good team just a different game plan than last year.  The lose a great Senior Class in Gudger, Gillespie, Claridy, Grove, Tillery, Pillar, Wirt,  and Stevenson.  

You have two really good QB's that are back to get the ball in Laws, Dabbs, and Price's hand and will probably see a rotation at RB with Petersen, Dickson, and Short all bigger running backs that can run you over.  The D will be exciting to watch especially the front 7 returning Lester, Chrisman, and Myers on the Dline and Peterson and Dickson at the ILB positions.  Should be another good season for the Devils and a top 5 team again in 4a. 

46 minutes ago, Swipes said:

In my opinion Greeneville will have a good team just a different game plan than last year.  The lose a great Senior Class in Gudger, Gillespie, Claridy, Grove, Tillery, Pillar, Wirt,  and Stevenson.  

You have two really good QB's that are back to get the ball in Laws, Dabbs, and Price's hand and will probably see a rotation at RB with Petersen, Dickson, and Short all bigger running backs that can run you over.  The D will be exciting to watch especially the front 7 returning Lester, Chrisman, and Myers on the Dline and Peterson and Dickson at the ILB positions.  Should be another good season for the Devils and a top 5 team again in 4a. 

My cousin has told me that a coach or two may decide to hang it up and/or retire.  Do you know any truth to those rumors?

Just my opinion here.Greeneville will be good every year as long as the foundation that was put down over the last couple of decades , stays in place.Will they win a gold ball this year or soon, nobody knows  until each season is over.I personally think the Devils could have one, if not two more gold balls already in the trophy case since Coach Ballard retired. I might be the only person that thinks so because it does take a lot of things to go right and only one or two to go wrong. Elizabethton has a great program  and as I said this past year,there are also no guarantees when you head west in the playoffs now days, and it couldn't have been more of a fact . As to the DB fan and Greeneville coming up to Kingsport.DB has some very good coaches that I personally know and like .They have two big middle schools and three times the players as Greeneville to build a team from. It's not a stretch for DB to send my Devils home with a pretty solid "L". There is a reason until a couple of decades ago that the Devils hardly ever beat DB and I just explained a big part of it.Anyway,I hope everyone in every part of the state has a good year until football season gets here and we all get to enjoy the sport we love ,win or lose...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 11:44 AM, TheTelfordTank said:

My cousin has told me that a coach or two may decide to hang it up and/or retire.  Do you know any truth to those rumors?

My cousin told me that a coach resigned a couple of days ago, does anyone know who it is?  He didn't mention a name.

Edited by TheTelfordTank

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I heard Brigham lyons went to science hill. Not sure of he's a coach but he was in the Greeneville system iirc

Brigham was an OLB Coach at Greeneville when i played in the Mid 2000's.  He was Greeneville's first ever Mr. Football Finalist and still hold MTSU's All purpose Yards in a Career.  He runs the Lyon's Den which is about training and had worked a lot with the Greene Devil's in that aspect along with a lot of youth speed camps in Greeneville.  If true, then SH got a good one if they are trying to get faster and knows the game inside and out

On 2/24/2022 at 6:06 PM, Swipes said:

Brigham was an OLB Coach at Greeneville when i played in the Mid 2000's.  He was Greeneville's first ever Mr. Football Finalist and still hold MTSU's All purpose Yards in a Career.  He runs the Lyon's Den which is about training and had worked a lot with the Greene Devil's in that aspect along with a lot of youth speed camps in Greeneville.  If true, then SH got a good one if they are trying to get faster and knows the game inside and out

I remember Brigham’s senior year, he was so fast. He’s a great guy and he’s helped my own with speed & agility. I agree, if he’s going to SH they are getting a great guy and coach.

Go Big Greene :mrgreen:

Edited by Romansfive8