Greeneville Football 2022

TheTelfordTank

The back and forth makes for good reading . Every now and then I'll do a little talking for fun but  I never count a win until it's in the books. No doubt the Mavs will have another fine team and the Devils should always be a tough match with the system in place. I do my best to never look past any team on the schedule, sometimes that's hard but programs like Elizabethton,AC and all the top knoxville area teams will have my full respect going into that game. When the playoffs come around,I don't care who you line up against,that team has already proven it is capable of winning and should be considered a danger to your program and you never look past them. Tennessee baseball was the beast this year and by all rights should still be playing if the players and coaches all had done their job better then that team Greeneville shares something in common with.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

They have just all you need to make a full run this year. Have not done a lot of research but still researching. I think many top notch teams are not as good IMO. And I feel the Mavs IMO have the best player combination in a long while, if ever. I think they should be able to mix it up with any team and come out on top this time around. Not sure about West teams but they have not been reloading good against the east. 

The first half or your schedule is brutal.     If you make it through unscathed then the gold ball is in your sights.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The first half or your schedule is brutal.     If you make it through unscathed then the gold ball is in your sights.

That's what I was thinking. AC went from years of cupcake schedules then all the sudden 2022 it's the Thunderdome for them lol. I do applaud them for adding beef to their schedule tho! If it doesn't kill them it will make them stronger, which could be dangerous come playoffs. 

1 hour ago, KEV-O said:

That's what I was thinking. AC went from years of cupcake schedules then all the sudden 2022 it's the Thunderdome for them lol. I do applaud them for adding beef to their schedule tho! If it doesn't kill them it will make them stronger, which could be dangerous come playoffs. 

Same schedule as last year KEV-O. (You are right that it was definitely a step up from the cupcake schedule they have had in the past). They were 2-3 to start the season and then their QB Martinez got hurt and they ended up 6-6 beating all but one of the cupcake team they had left on the schedule.  If they do come through the regular season healthy they could be dangerous but thats a big IF.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Yeah I think they are well rounded well as much as I have heard before. We will score and if the defense holds up even 1/2 as good as last year we should be ready for anything that teams run or throw at us. A season is short or long depending on how we look at it. All football to be played so we will need to wait and see if the Mavs are for real. Just my 1 opinion; I really think they are this year.  

Edited by Mavericksinflight

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Same schedule as last year KEV-O. (You are right that it was definitely a step up from the cupcake schedule they have had in the past). They were 2-3 to start the season and then their QB Martinez got hurt and they ended up 6-6 beating all but one of the cupcake team they had left on the schedule.  If they do come through the regular season healthy they could be dangerous but thats a big IF.

Healthy is the key!

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah I think they are well rounded well as much as I have heard before. We will score and if the defense holds up even 1/2 as good as last year we should be ready for anything that teams run or throw at us. A season is short or long depending on how we look at it. All football to be played so we will need to wait and see if the Mavs are for real. Just my 1 opinion; I really think they are this year.  

The Mav's have been for real the past 5 years (Not so much last year after losing the QB) Mavs in Flight, They just ran into loaded teams with too much speed for them to handle and wasn't use to that playing the schedule they did in the past.  I would say the Mav's over the last 5 years have always been a top 5 team in 4a and in 17 and 18 possible the 2nd best team in the state in 4a just ran into Greeneville with a ton of D1 talent.

In the Mavs case,sometimes being great at the wrong time happens.I met a great boxer back around  the mid seventies,Jerry Quarry.A lot of younger people have probably never heard of him because he came along when  the golden age of heavy weight boxing was happening. Most have heard of Ali, Frazier and big George Foreman to name a few. Now days the same happened to  Deontay Wilder.No doubt he could be considered the greatest or right there if not for Tyson Fury. Maybe some day, AC  will have things line up as the Devils and Betsy have had.Either way ,I have to admire Mavericksinflight's support for his team.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

In the Mavs case,sometimes being great at the wrong time happens.I met a great boxer back around  the mid seventies,Jerry Quarry.A lot of younger people have probably never heard of him because he came along when  the golden age of heavy weight boxing was happening. Most have heard of Ali, Frazier and big George Foreman to name a few. Now days the same happened to  Deontay Wilder.No doubt he could be considered the greatest or right there if not for Tyson Fury. Maybe some day, AC  will have things line up as the Devils and Betsy have had.Either way ,I have to admire Mavericksinflight's support for his team.

Yeah :) taken as compliment Batman

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

The Mav's have been for real the past 5 years (Not so much last year after losing the QB) Mavs in Flight, They just ran into loaded teams with too much speed for them to handle and wasn't use to that playing the schedule they did in the past.  I would say the Mav's over the last 5 years have always been a top 5 team in 4a and in 17 and 18 possible the 2nd best team in the state in 4a just ran into Greeneville with a ton of D1 talent.

That's pretty true couple years were there best chances. However a couple were a large leap to Greenevilles Greatness too. Last year everything went wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

This year might be the best time for AC to make a run. EHS will be around but this season might look a little different than the last 3

Yeah this should be without a doubt. It appears Betsy will be around strong apparently from the returning lineup. Tullahoma stunned me last year. Good thing I was not a betting man.