Greeneville Football 2022

TheTelfordTank

On 2/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, EHSTrack06 said:

I heard Brigham lyons went to science hill. Not sure of he's a coach but he was in the Greeneville system iirc

It was Crawford that left the program.  I don't know much about him.  My cousin said that he was the OC the past two seasons, which surprised me.  Brigham hasn't been on the Greeneville staff is some time.

• 1 month later...

Hey Greeneville fans, I know someone from DB who thinks the Devil's have dropped off way too much this year and are going to lose to the Indians.     What is the REAL state of Greeneville football in 2022?       I am still picking Greeneville in the DB game but that is all based on pre-season guesswork.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hey Greeneville fans, I know someone from DB who thinks the Devil's have dropped off way too much this year and are going to lose to the Indians.     What is the REAL state of Greeneville football in 2022?       I am still picking Greeneville in the DB game but that is all based on pre-season guesswork.

Greeneville hasn't dropped off and still has athletes.  They return 5 starters on O (QB, 2 OL,2WR) and 5 on D (2 LB, 2DL, DB).  Yes Greeneville lost the fastest class they ever had but still has skill and speed in Dabbs, Laws, Price, Peterson, & Dickson.  I see more Devils going both ways this year if coach wants the best athletes on the field at all times.

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

Greeneville hasn't dropped off and still has athletes.  They return 5 starters on O (QB, 2 OL,2WR) and 5 on D (2 LB, 2DL, DB).  Yes Greeneville lost the fastest class they ever had but still has skill and speed in Dabbs, Laws, Price, Peterson, & Dickson.  I see more Devils going both ways this year if coach wants the best athletes on the field at all times.

That's about what I expected, no way is a program like Greeneville going to drive off a cliff from one year to the next

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

The Peterson kid might be the best player in upper east TN. 

Crazy part about it is before He moved to Greeneville from FL he was a RB stuck behind a 5star RB at his previous school.  

We already had Gudger so he made the transition to ILB and now holds D1 offers for LB.

Dickson is who I think will even make a bigger impact than he did last year (lead the team in tackles last year as a Sophomore).  He comes from a D1 Family and don’t be surprised to see both him and Peterson get some Carries at RB too.  They aren’t as fast as Gudger but are larger and will try to run over you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Swipes said:

Crazy part about it is before He moved to Greeneville from FL he was a RB stuck behind a 5star RB at his previous school.  

We already had Gudger so he made the transition to ILB and now holds D1 offers for LB.

Dickson is who I think will even make a bigger impact than he did last year (lead the team in tackles last year as a Sophomore).  He comes from a D1 Family and don’t be surprised to see both him and Peterson get some Carries at RB too.  They aren’t as fast as Gudger but are larger and will try to run over you

I have heard a rumor that Peterson moved back to Fla. Gville and E-town will still be the teams to beat in east tn. 

Edited by newcyclone

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Does Greeneville have any real rivalries other than Elizabethton?     I mean a game that comes around nearly every year that gets the fan base all excited...

I would say when we were in the old IMAC it was always Morristown West.  In the new conference and even before Betsy has always been a big game.  Betsy and Greeneville had played ever year since both teams had a football program (other than during Wars) up until 2008 when Betsy dropped Greeneville 

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I would say when we were in the old IMAC it was always Morristown West.  In the new conference and even before Betsy has always been a big game.  Betsy and Greeneville had played ever year since both teams had a football program (other than during Wars) up until 2008 when Betsy dropped Greeneville 

At one time Unicoi County and Greeneville were a great rivalry in the 1950’s through the 1980’s. They were the 2 smallest and least successful of the old big 7. Neither school fielded as many other sports programs as the rest of the big 7 in those days. How things change. Old Big 7: Kingsport, TN High, Science Hill, Morristown East,  Elizabethton, Greeneville and Unicoi County. Unicoi went smaller classification and Greeneville went to the IMAC as the Big 7 became the Big 9 by adding Sullivan East and Central. They went back to being the Big 7 after after the blue and Greene Devils left.

Edited by noonesfool

32 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

At one time Unicoi County and Greeneville were a great rivalry in the 1950’s through the 1980’s. They were the 2 smallest and least successful of the old big 7. Neither school fielded as many other sports programs as the rest of the big 7 in those days. How things change. Old Big 7: Kingsport, TN High, Science Hill, Morristown East,  Elizabethton, Greeneville and Unicoi County. Unicoi went smaller classification and Greeneville went to the IMAC as the Big 7 became the Big 9 by adding Sullivan East and Central. They went back to being the Big 7 after after the blue and Greene Devils left.

You're right, I remember in the 70's both Devil teams (blue and green) playing against DB in Kingsport.     In those days DB usually won by 30+ if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

You know i'm not old enough to remember the 80's Coach! :lol:  Love the History and you know i'm a Greene Devil through and through. 

• Upvote 1