MAHS to close at end of school year

fredjones

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Financial mismanagement in Memphis?

I'm shocked.

hqdefault.jpg

The defunct Memphis City system got the lion's share of Tennessee's 500 milion dollar "Race To The Top" federal allotment a few years back, then proceeded to declare bankrupcy a few months later... what's a few million among friends?

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The defunct Memphis City system got the lion's share of Tennessee's 500 milion dollar "Race To The Top" federal allotment a few years back, then proceeded to declare bankrupcy a few months later... what's a few million among friends?

Just imagine how far in the hole they would have been without all that money. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, 731Ball said:

What about Jackson Merry? Are they looking to play varsity I think that would benefit them 

Beginning in 2023. I still have another year to "develop" but they're doing an outstanding job right now. The Cougars are doing really well right now developing their players are creating their culture. They don't have to focus on the winning aspect.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Beginning in 2023. I still have another year to "develop" but they're doing an outstanding job right now. The Cougars are doing really well right now developing their players are creating their culture. They don't have to focus on the winning aspect.

Correct. If they were to "replace" MAHS in scheduling, that would mean lots of long"ish" road games and home games with very low attendance (gate money). Better to schedule JV that improves your team and provides an atmosphere (fans) at the game.

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Correct. If they were to "replace" MAHS in scheduling, that would mean lots of long"ish" road games and home games with very low attendance (gate money). Better to schedule JV that improves your team and provides an atmosphere (fans) at the game.

Are you saying that those teams would replace MAHS with JCM and play them on Friday night?