Big news coming today?

HTV

7 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I exchanged some tweets with Coach Duncan and he treated me nice and said good things about Coach Gaddis. I wish him the best.

Thanks HTV for the heads up.

He and Joe have been friends for a long time.  Shared a lot of the same coaching philosophies over the years.  

I was happy to see Clark get to the 200 win plateau.  It was something that was important to him.  

8 hours ago, HTV said:

Yep.  

Social media, personal trainers, year round 7 on 7, and helicopter parents have changed the high school football landscape in a big way.  Some of it for the good, but most of it no so much.  Too much pressure for coaches to win immediately, even after taking over bad programs.  Coaching burnout is happening much more often than it did in times past.  

All good topics to argue either side. I agree with most. Not sure I agree with so much pressure on the coach to win. Two of the schools in our county only combine for one win per year. But I see your point. The best programs who are paying their coaches the most $$ expect wins. That’s life. It happened to the college coaches over the last 30 years, and it will happen to the high school coaches at those programs that depend on that $$. How many yrs until the best high school players get “sponsored”? Or do they already?

Edited by strongx

2 hours ago, jrlcm said:

Any word on a hire?  GQ is unavailable.

Maybe Morgan Shinlever?

I would be surprised if they don't stay inhouse on this one.  

But never say never.  

And remember that it's Knox County.  The hiring rules have definitely changed as of late.