Josh Jones

Bishop will be a great get for any team but of Bearden, Oak Ridge or Powell neither of these programs are going to feed him the ball 40 times in a game to watch him break records like Karns did. Karns had some real good back ups and didn't miss a beat when I watched them and William Blount on TV last year. The back up got a 100 yards in that game and looked great and then a third teamer came in and ran it 50 yards on one play to boot.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Bishop will be a great get for any team but of Bearden, Oak Ridge or Powell neither of these programs are going to feed him the ball 40 times in a game to watch him break records like Karns did. Karns had some real good back ups and didn't miss a beat when I watched them and William Blount on TV last year. The back up got a 100 yards in that game and looked great and then a third teamer came in and ran it 50 yards on one play to boot.

And what you said makes perfect sense for him to go elsewhere, Barney.  If he were to end up at a Powell, where there is a ton of offensive talent already, he wouldn't have to carry the load like he did at Karns and risk being hit and injured as much as he will be as "the guy".   

Bishop is a known quantity already.  He doesn't need to prove himself carrying the football forty plus time per game.  

3 hours ago, HTV said:

And what you said makes perfect sense for him to go elsewhere, Barney.  If he were to end up at a Powell, where there is a ton of offensive talent already, he wouldn't have to carry the load like he did at Karns and risk being hit and injured as much as he will be as "the guy".   

Bishop is a known quantity already.  He doesn't need to prove himself carrying the football forty plus time per game.  

If he goes to Powell he may have a great chance of being on a state championship team if they can come up with a decent line. If he goes to Oak Ridge he would make them better for sure. I never though Oak Ridge was really bad but changes needed to be made for sure. Bearden would improve with him but not championship ready there for a year or two. I think Josh Jones will be a go getter and find some good players to bring in and also put the right staff together in order to be very good. Talked with Derek a few weeks ago and that was one of the things he mentioned to me was to expect a major improvement in Bearden. 

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

If he goes to Powell he may have a great chance of being on a state championship team if they can come up with a decent line. If he goes to Oak Ridge he would make them better for sure. I never though Oak Ridge was really bad but changes needed to be made for sure. Bearden would improve with him but not championship ready there for a year or two. I think Josh Jones will be a go getter and find some good players to bring in and also put the right staff together in order to be very good. Talked with Derek a few weeks ago and that was one of the things he mentioned to me was to expect a major improvement in Bearden. 

Everything should go swimmingly for the Dogs assuming the basketball coach son gets the nod as the QB#1. If Coach Josh recruits a new one, katy bar the door!

On 4/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

So you pick Powell to repeat and Bearden to challenge in Two years?

On 4/28/2022 at 9:39 AM, Cooper10 said:

Jeff McMillan the father has 30 yrs or so coaching experience and is the HC at Fulton  .. his son Clark has been the WR coach at Fulton for 5 or 6 years id say and now is OC at Bearden  

I figured. I said that in response to the fella that had 30 years of experience.

19 minutes ago, tnfuturestar1 said:

What makes you think Bearden will rise so quickly?

They just hired a great coach that has very good connections that will attract a lot of good players like lightening to a lightening rod. I know the Maryville staff pretty well also and most of them have mentioned it in conversation that they expect some big things out of the Bearden program which is good.

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They just hired a great coach that has very good connections that will attract a lot of good players like lightening to a lightening rod. I know the Maryville staff pretty well also and most of them have mentioned it in conversation that they expect some big things out of the Bearden program which is good.

Coach Josh always done a good job with the little league teams around town certainly