Josh Jones

11 hours ago, HTV said:

If it were only that simple. I'm an old fart,  too, and a traditionalist but I recognize that it is a different day. Social media and the need for instant gratification have completely changed the youth and high school sports worlds.  And not necessarily for the better. 

Kids haven't changed.  They're the same now as they were then.  Kids have always wanted instant gratification.  It's part of being a kid and maturing.  Those in power are more lenient.  Boomers and older Gen X are the power brokers now.  It's not the kids who have changed.  It's what's allowed without consequence that has changed.  

11 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Kids haven't changed.  They're the same now as they were then.  Kids have always wanted instant gratification.  It's part of being a kid and maturing.  Those in power are more lenient.  Boomers and older Gen X are the power brokers now.  It's not the kids who have changed.  It's what's allowed without consequence that has changed.  

Agree to disagree. 

Social media has completely changed the behavior of all, including kids, and the fact that behavior that was unacceptable in the past now becoming the norm has affected today's yutes in a huge way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Agree to disagree. 

Social media has completely changed the behavior of all, including kids, and the fact that behavior that was unacceptable in the past now becoming the norm has affected today's yutes in a huge way. 

Of course you disagree.  It would mean your generation is responsible.  I've never seen any BB say they've screwed up anything.

It's just easier to say the world has gone to heck in a handbasket than acknowledge that the greatest generation had anything to do with making it that way...

Edited by ILB1999WHS

48 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Of course you disagree.  It would mean your generation is responsible.  I've never seen any BB say they've screwed up anything.

It's just easier to say the world has gone to heck in a handbasket than acknowledge that the greatest generation had anything to do with making it that way...

I resemble that remark!  Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

55 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Never said the world had gone to heck in a handbasket.  

And my generation made plenty of mistakes, but it also helped make plenty of advances that have made a positive difference, too.  

All of us are responsible for where society has succeeded and failed young folks in this day and time, some more than others.  

Get the chip off of your shoulder.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Never said the world had gone to heck in a handbasket.  

And my generation made plenty of mistakes, but it also helped make plenty of advances that have made a positive difference, too.  

All of us are responsible for where society has succeeded and failed young folks in this day and time, some more than others.  

Get the chip off of your shoulder.  

I'll continue to say kids haven't changed.  Kids are kids.  Development is development.  You want to stick with some outdated ideas, I'd say you were the one with a chip on your shoulder.  

5 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I'll continue to say kids haven't changed.  Kids are kids.  Development is development.  You want to stick with some outdated ideas, I'd say you were the one with a chip on your shoulder.  

Hello McFly!

I have said many times that while I am from a different generation that i recognize that times have changed.  Some things have changed for the better, some haven't been for the better.  

So, tell me - specifics, please:  What "outdated ideas" have I suggested sticking with?   

I simply believe that social media has completely changed the landscape.  That's what I see, and that's not saying that everything about social media is bad.  I never said or inferred that.  

And disagree to disagree doesn't mean that I am telling you that you are wrong.  It's simply saying that we can have different opinions. 

But that's one of the things that not for the better in this day and time.  Sone can't accept that it's ok to have differing opinions and not feel like they have to dislike those personally who have different opinions from their own.  

You can see things how you like, and I am not asking you to change your views.  It's simply discussion.  If you can't handle that then I welcome you to put me on ignore.  

And unless we have met and carried on conversation, and I don't believe that we have, you can't possibly know where I stand on most issues.  

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Hello McFly!

I have said many times that while I am from a different generation that i recognize that times have changed.  Some things have changed for the better, some haven't been for the better.  

So, tell me - specifics, please:  What "outdated ideas" have I suggested sticking with?   

I simply believe that social media has completely changed the landscape.  That's what I see, and that's not saying that everything about social media is bad.  I never said or inferred that.  

And disagree to disagree doesn't mean that I am telling you that you are wrong.  It's simply saying that we can have different opinions. 

But that's one of the things that not for the better in this day and time.  Sone can't accept that it's ok to have differing opinions and not feel like they have to dislike those personally who have different opinions from their own.  

You can see things how you like, and I am not asking you to change your views.  It's simply discussion.  If you can't handle that then I welcome you to put me on ignore.  

And unless we have met and carried on conversation, and I don't believe that we have, you can't possibly know where I stand on most issues.  

So the idea that kids move to different programs than their zoned ones for immediate success rather than trying to bring up a stuggling program is a new idea?  Am I understanding you right?  That's because of social media and it didn't happen 30 or 40 years ago?  What in Helton are you talking about?

(See what i did there?)

7 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

So the idea that kids move to different programs than their zoned ones for immediate success rather than trying to bring up a stuggling program is a new idea?  Am I understanding you right?  That's because of social media and it didn't happen 30 or 40 years ago?  What in Helton are you talking about?

(See what i did there?)

Actually I never said that kids didn't move from other programs in the past, and I never said or inferred that they are only doing it now because of social media.   That's quite a stretch on your part.

Your reading comprehension is way out of whack if that's what you read in to what I posted.  

Welcome to the club, by the way. You and the others on my ignore list will have a swell time yucking it up together.  

Edited by HTV

17 hours ago, OneEyedKing said:

What ever happened to playing for the school your supposed to go to maybe I’m just an old fart but thesecoaches sure seem likr low chartacters. Just coach the boys you got says every thing I need to know about how good they really are as coaches if they can’t develep the boys they got :popcorneater:

16 hours ago, HTV said:

If it were only that simple. I'm an old fart,  too, and a traditionalist but I recognize that it is a different day. Social media and the need for instant gratification have completely changed the youth and high school sports worlds.  And not necessarily for the better. 

ALso: HTV::

Actually I never said that kids didn't move from other programs in the past, and I never said or inferred that they are only doing it now because of social media.   That's quite a stretch on your part.

I'm serious now... Anyone feel free to chime in. Is he contradicting himself or am I just insane?