Josh Jones

9 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

ALso: HTV::

Actually I never said that kids didn't move from other programs in the past, and I never said or inferred that they are only doing it now because of social media.   That's quite a stretch on your part.

I'm serious now... Anyone feel free to chime in. Is he contradicting himself or am I just insane?

You both make good points. Overall, I feel that HTV is much closer to the truth about social media than you are about kids being the same, even though kids have always been mostly as you say. Everyone wants what they want and always have, but this generation of kids feel entitled to have it, and past generations were more willing to work for it because that's the way (as far as they knew) to get whatever it is that they fancy. Way back when, there was always that one kid who had it easier and got more than the rest, and even though he/she was the envy of most youth they were seen as the exception, not the rule...with today's kids having instant access to all the "haves" they feel left out in the minority rather than in the majority if not afforded the same circumstances. The worst mistake us "boomers" have made is loving our offspring enough to separate them from the same hardships that built our character and formed our values.

I'm the third generation involved in our family business, and swore (kept my word too) that I'd be the last. I didn't want my kid's alarm clock to ever be set for 3:00 AM, them to work 16 hour days, 90+ hour weeks, weekends, nights, ect... to have a "good" life. I did however require them to do "chores" and have a job when not involved in extra curricular activities at school, if just to afford some luxuries that I wouldn't provide just for the asking. Maybe more information than you wanted, but there it is and it's the truth as I see it.

4 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

https://www.psychreg.org/past-seem-better/

I read this.  it seems relevant.  Mayber we're both right.

Very good article. It says pretty much what I intended, just that the author is a writer, and I'm not. I particularly enjoyed the way the social media influence was simplified into life not being a competition with those other people on it, and not trying to gauge the success level of what you're doing, but to just enjoy doing it. I thought that summed it up nicely.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

So back to football, I have been given the Paul Harvey on the Bearden/Clinton scrimmage.  

Seems that there was come creative and selective scoreboard engineering going on during the scrimmage.  I'm sure it was just a glitch.  Must have been working on getting bugs out of the electronics of the equipment.  :roll:

23 minutes ago, HTV said:

So back to football, I have been given the Paul Harvey on the Bearden/Clinton scrimmage.  

Seems that there was come creative and selective scoreboard engineering going on during the scrimmage.  I'm sure it was just a glitch.  Must have been working on getting bugs out of the electronics of the equipment.  :roll:

So Clinton cheated?  

21 hours ago, HTV said:

Cheated is a strong word.  

I prefer to say they may have fudged a bit.  

If I were Bearden and/or Bearden alumni I'd also try to say something such as this to make it seem that Clinton "fudged" the score.  Who even puts stock in the "score" of a spring game.  There is a pretty easy way to figure out the fudging of the score scenario: watch the film and count scores.  Then take it a step further and count how many of those scores were with the best of the best vs say the old Bearden kids vs Clinton's freshman team.  I think Bearden had alot of scores during the later

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

If I were Bearden and/or Bearden alumni I'd also try to say something such as this to make it seem that Clinton "fudged" the score.  Who even puts stock in the "score" of a spring game.  There is a pretty easy way to figure out the fudging of the score scenario: watch the film and count scores.  Then take it a step further and count how many of those scores were with the best of the best vs say the old Bearden kids vs Clinton's freshman team.  I think Bearden had alot of scores during the later

You are assuming it came from a Bearden source.  

Don't assume.  

And there is video, you know.  

And you said it - why even put a "score" up in a situational scrimmage?  But the folks in the press box at Clinton chose to, so you need to ask them that question.  

Scrimmages are just a great way to figure out what needs to be worked on during the off season months in my opinion. That is why I enjoy going against another team in the spring. If your dividing up and playing against your own team there are no surprises. I always hated it when Maryville ended on no scrimmage spring. Who cares what the score is. I want to know how my new players are going to react in a game type situation and what we need to work on.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Scrimmages are just a great way to figure out what needs to be worked on during the off season months in my opinion. That is why I enjoy going against another team in the spring. If your dividing up and playing against your own team there are no surprises. I always hated it when Maryville ended on no scrimmage spring. Who cares what the score is. I want to know how my new players are going to react in a game type situation and what we need to work on.

Always found it humorous that a certain parochial school in West Knoxville used do crow about "beating" Maryville in scrimmages, but could never even once beat them in a game that actually counted in the W/L record. 

11 hours ago, HTV said:

Always found it humorous that a certain parochial school in West Knoxville used do crow about "beating" Maryville in scrimmages, but could never even once beat them in a game that actually counted in the W/L record. 

I find it hilarious that Bearden hired a youth league football coach to be the head coach of their program. Recruiting is the name of the game their tho, not coaching. Ask their BBall coaches.