Josh Jones

On 5/21/2022 at 7:13 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Scrimmages are just a great way to figure out what needs to be worked on during the off season months in my opinion. That is why I enjoy going against another team in the spring. If your dividing up and playing against your own team there are no surprises. I always hated it when Maryville ended on no scrimmage spring. Who cares what the score is. I want to know how my new players are going to react in a game type situation and what we need to work on.

Agree 100%!

On 5/29/2022 at 6:56 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

This rule should be rewritten for all the Karen's of the world that if your in the middle of a count with a hitter that you can finish the count if it were to go an extra 2 or 3 pitches then exit the game. Other possibilities is if you know your going to go past the 100 mark before the next hitter comes up take him out. I don't keep up with baseball and would have never heard about this game had it not been for Karen.

:wacko:

On 5/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, ILB1999WHS said:

What does our resident Powell supporter have to say about the pitch count fiasco?

Should not have been allowed to go and the team they played in game one should of had a automatic bye. Science Hill doesn't get a free pass, they lost. TSSAA swept it under the rug and even said as much by not reviewing the film. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Should not have been allowed to go and the team they played in game one should of had a automatic bye. Science Hill doesn't get a free pass, they lost. TSSAA swept it under the rug and even said as much by not reviewing the film. 

They lost because of an illegal pitcher who shouldn't have been allowed to throw against them. I wouldn't call that a free pass when someone is cheating to win a game and knew their only chance to beat SH was to pitch him. TSSAA did sweep it under the rug and was brought to the publics attention that he shouldn't have been eligible to pitch the day before the game, Powell didn't care about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They lost because of an illegal pitcher who shouldn't have been allowed to throw against them. I wouldn't call that a free pass when someone is cheating to win a game and knew their only chance to beat SH was to pitch him. TSSAA did sweep it under the rug and was brought to the publics attention that he shouldn't have been eligible to pitch the day before the game, Powell didn't care about that.

Maybe they win maybe they lose, we will never know. Win the game and it's a non factor, as there is no guarantee they would have won had another pitcher pitched. Had SH taken care of business they go to state and this is a non-issue. I think it is bad look by Powell and TSSAA the way it was handled.  TSSAA handed SH a free pass to state in basketball that was well documented on certain players not involved being held out in the WB/Farragut fight debacle. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah

On 5/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, ILB1999WHS said:

What does our resident Powell supporter have to say about the pitch count fiasco?

Powell resident supporter is not exactly an accurate descriptor.  I haven't been to an athletic event at Powell in 5 years.  

And I say that it was a real fiasco.  I don't know who is right and who it wrong, but when the Bearden coach signed the pitch statement he became as complicit at anybody involved, and the TSSAA passing the buck and refusing to watch the video was a real cop out.  And I was not a fan of the hire that the local school made there.  Yep, he's won games, but there was too much negative baggage there IMO.  But nobody asked me.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Maybe they win maybe they lose, we will never know. Win the game and it's a non factor, as there is no guarantee they would have won had another pitcher pitched. Had SH taken care of business they go to state and this is a non-issue. I think it is bad look by Powell and TSSAA the way it was handled.  TSSAA handed SH a free pass to state in basketball that was well documented on certain players not involved being held out in the WB/Farragut fight debacle. 

I 100 agree if SH they win it's a non issue (They were the only team to beat Smith in the regular season too).  Let's put it that their chances would have been higher if the Ace would't have illegally pitched, thats common sense.  The point is they had to win against someone who should have never been on the bump in the first place. 

SH didn't even go to state this year in basketball so no clue what your talking about there. (Yes i saw the video of the WB/Farragut pushing match)  Farragut played DB who ended up winning the entire thing so thats a stretch and Bearden beat the crap out of SH.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I 100 agree if SH they win it's a non issue (They were the only team to beat Smith in the regular season too).  Let's put it that their chances would have been higher if the Ace would't have illegally pitched, thats common sense.  The point is they had to win against someone who should have never been on the bump in the first place. 

SH didn't even go to state this year in basketball so no clue what your talking about there. (Yes i saw the video of the WB/Farragut pushing match)  Farragut played DB who ended up winning the entire thing so thats a stretch and Bearden beat the crap out of SH.

My bad on the basketball, but the issue of TSSAA picking and choosing stands as my point. 

I saw them at UT yesterday.  They played well, beat a Blackman team by 6 that looked really athletic.  However, they played Anderson County later and got beat 48-0.  The big rec for Bearden that came from Karns, looked good in the Blackman game, but was shut out against the Mavs defense.  Bearden had at least 50 players at the tourney, and the Coach was plenty fired up at the QB on a few plays where Anderson County dbs just stepped in front of passes.  Bearden will be fine, They have a solid skill set, and depth to help them play 6A football.  

• 2 weeks later...