Jump to content

Josh Jones


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Danged right.  And Humphammer's Market and Deli's Wednesday meat loaf special is worth driving across state for every week.  

Same song different verse, by the way.  Lots of accusations, no specifics.  

 

Can’t forget The Pink Putty Cat either…….never mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Had to forfeit games for using an ineligible player, a kid who got a transfer through Knox County, but didn't meet the TSSAA transfer requirements.  Powell paid the price for that. 

Never had any "sanctions".  Two totally different things.  

But you wouldn't understand reality.  

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Had to forfeit games for using an ineligible player, a kid who got a transfer through Knox County, but didn't meet the TSSAA transfer requirements.  Powell paid the price for that. 

Never had any "sanctions".  Two totally different things.  

But you wouldn't understand reality.  

 

 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sanction

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 12:54 PM, SweetScience said:

Can’t forget The Pink Putty Cat either…….never mind.

Is the Emerald Club still open on Clinton Hwy ? If so that could bring in some recruits. Or maybe that biker bar more towards Merchants, I think it was called Cyote Joe's. I think that's where Lee Smith and that young assistant principal at Powell used to meet up at? Well those were the good old days but they will figure out something. Maybe Coach Fulmer could help out somehow. I bet he has some free time and the experience to get it done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Is the Emerald Club still open on Clinton Hwy ? If so that could bring in some recruits. Or maybe that biker bar more towards Merchants, I think it was called Cyote Joe's. I think that's where Lee Smith and that young assistant principal at Powell used to meet up at? Well those were the good old days but they will figure out something. Maybe Coach Fulmer could help out somehow. I bet he has some free time and the experience to get it done.

The biker bar closed long ago.  Seems like somebody got murdered there and it was zapped.  

Not sure about the Emerald Club.  Don't really pay much attention to anything along that stretch of Clinton Highway when I go through there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of sour grapes in this thread. All the accusations of recruiting, but still no facts. Just because Pal got busted for an ineligible player three years ago(before Jones was there btw), doesn’t mean they are guilty of illegally recruiting a player. They won a state championship his year and haven’t seen any penalties for illegal players. 
 

Jealousy is a STRONG emotion. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, HamblenHaymaker said:

Lots of sour grapes in this thread. All the accusations of recruiting, but still no facts. Just because Pal got busted for an ineligible player three years ago(before Jones was there btw), doesn’t mean they are guilty of illegally recruiting a player. They won a state championship his year and haven’t seen any penalties for illegal players. 
 

Jealousy is a STRONG emotion. 

A. Men.  

Preach, Brother, Preach!  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, osunut2 said:

Lowe handed the keys to the offense to JJ a couple of seasons ago.

Yes he did so JJ could bring in the players  .. JJ  used Powell as a stepping stone.. JJ  has contacts all across the state and others with youth football  .. he is a salesman  ...  Lowe will miss him dearly  ... you will see Powell drop down a notch  ...  JJ at Bearden is a tough gig  .. 6A  with the almighty  Maryville standing in the way of any State Championship berths  .. good kuck JJ  ..you gonna need it or about 10 more of the kind of players you brought with you to Powell    ..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

Yes he did so JJ could bring in the players  .. JJ  used Powell as a stepping stone.. JJ  has contacts all across the state and others with youth football  .. he is a salesman  ...  Lowe will miss him dearly  ... you will see Powell drop down a notch  ...  JJ at Bearden is a tough gig  .. 6A  with the almighty  Maryville standing in the way of any State Championship berths  .. good kuck JJ  ..you gonna need it or about 10 more of the kind of players you brought with you to Powell    ..  

We'll see. He is a salesman, no doubt about that. Lowe is certainly the better play caller, so from an X's and O's (and player development) standpoint, this move won't hurt. I'm not sure that you will see Powell drop very much in 2022, with the returning cast that they have on offense, but I do think 2023 will be interesting if we're to gauge the impact that JJ had.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

We'll see. He is a salesman, no doubt about that. Lowe is certainly the better play caller, so from an X's and O's (and player development) standpoint, this move won't hurt. I'm not sure that you will see Powell drop very much in 2022, with the returning cast that they have on offense, but I do think 2023 will be interesting if we're to gauge the impact that JJ had.

This year's sophomore class is pretty solid, too.  And I don't think that just because JJ isn't at Powell any longer that those who have chosen to go to Powell will suddenly go to Bearden.  Powell's coaching staff reputation is solid for being "players coaches" with or without JJ.  

Bearden is my alma mater and I still pull for them and want this experiment to be successful.  

That said, there is a lot of difference culturally between Bearden and Powell.  JJ at Bearden or no, it's not a slam dunk that kids requesting transfers will want to go there.  

Plus anybody transferring without physically moving in to the zone wouldn't be eligible in 2022.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...