State Tournament

CuriousParent67

1 hour ago, CoachLNguyen said:

I believe the girls will be there as well. 

The D2 tournament will be in the new arena at Montgomery Bell Academy which is unbelievable.  The rumor circulating around the wrestling circles is that the championship finals will be just like the D1 NCAA Championship finals with a raised stage and under a spotlight.  The D1 tournament and girl's tournament will be at the Cow Palace.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://tssaasports.com/event/detail.cfm?id=20210702

Individual state schedule is posted. 3 days w round of 16 and qtrs on Thursday, semis on Friday, and finals on Saturday. That doesn't seem to be a lot of wrestling each day for a team that sends a couple of kids to states. 

As a parent of a wrestler that has a good shot at the finals, I probably won't go out until Saturday at this point, which sucks.

Post above is right, no one is eliminated on 1st day.

Edited by WrestlinFan
Added link

1 hour ago, WrestlinFan said:

https://tssaasports.com/event/detail.cfm?id=20210702

Individual state schedule is posted. 3 days w round of 16 and qtrs on Thursday, semis on Friday, and finals on Saturday. That doesn't seem to be a lot of wrestling each day for a team that sends a couple of kids to states. 

As a parent of a wrestler that has a good shot at the finals, I probably won't go out until Saturday at this point, which sucks.

Post above is right, no one is eliminated on 1st day.

So wait, the kids who make the finals will wrestle two matches Thursday, one match Friday, then one match Saturday? How does that make any sense at all

I agree. I don't care one bit about the $$$. But, as a parent who goes to most tournaments throughout the season and often sits through poorly run tournaments that take much longer than they should, a 3 day tournament is ridiculous. 

Yes. Finalists will have 1 match on Friday and 1 on Saturday.

I thought the 1 day tournament last year was perfect. I love wrestling and watching not just my son, but this is a terrible call. I hope others bring this up w their coaches and whoever is in charge. 

Who ultimately makes this decision?