Marion County Warriors 2022

MarionMadness

2 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

Pickett didn't dress tonight out of precaution. #10 had an upper body injury. Did not look good but kids bounce back quick. 

Condra not getting carries didn't set well with a lot of people last year under Pruitt. He would bulldoze people for 20 or 30 yds and wouldn't carry again till the next series. If you got a horse ride him. 

Warriors didn't show much tonight because they didn't have to. Won't see a full playbook next week either. Lots to work on though. My youngun got to play so I was happy.

Couldn't agree more. Would leave a lot of the games last year scratching my head on why he wasn't given the ball more. 

Regarding your comment about the playbook, we said that last year about the first couple of games, but that turned out to be our full playbook apparently. Just looking for improvement from week to week. Cut down on unforced penalties, protect the ball, and play with a mean streak. Defense needs to keep it up. 

Didn't catch the number, I think #6 but he seemed to have a knack for being around the football every play on defense. 

22 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Couldn't agree more. Would leave a lot of the games last year scratching my head on why he wasn't given the ball more. 

Regarding your comment about the playbook, we said that last year about the first couple of games, but that turned out to be our full playbook apparently. Just looking for improvement from week to week. Cut down on unforced penalties, protect the ball, and play with a mean streak. Defense needs to keep it up. 

Didn't catch the number, I think #6 but he seemed to have a knack for being around the football every play on defense. 

New offense so it takes time to work stuff in. Sophomore qb will have some growing pains but by the end of the season should be playing well. #6 is another sophomore and he's gonna be a good one. #42 is a sophomore and will be a beast once his head catches up with that big frame. Tons of young talent that will be exciting the next few years.