Gordonsville looking for new HC

kingofthenorth

23 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Was the leaving of Gordy’s Coach a surprise or expected?  Will a new coach come in and change the offense?  Gordy should be a front runner in the East for 2022.  

This was the plan when Clemmons was hired! Steady the ship until  Jackson was ready.  Clemmons will still be on the staff!

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Ah ok gotcha.  Seems odd, but if Clemons 100% agrees with it then kudos to Gordy for plan execution.  

I wouldn't say that was the plan. Now, I don't believe Clemons ever aspired to be HC in the first place, but stepped up at the last opening because he loves the program.

I have no inside info, but my gut feeling tells me that things have transpired like they have because Jackson needs HC experience and Clemons was getting ready to step away after another year or two anyway. So, things have aligned like they have.

For the record, and I don't know that he's been told enough, I appreciated the 3 years that Clemons was my position coach in high school, and I'm thankful he was my son's HC for 4 years. Also, I'm looking forward to my other son playing for Jackson for, hopefully, 4 years. But, I've yet to see anything official on Jackson though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I wouldn't say that was the plan. Now, I don't believe Clemons ever aspired to be HC in the first place, but stepped up at the last opening because he loves the program.

I have no inside info, but my gut feeling tells me that things have transpired like they have because Jackson needs HC experience and Clemons was getting ready to step away after another year or two anyway. So, things have aligned like they have.

For the record, and I don't know that he's been told enough, I appreciated the 3 years that Clemons was my position coach in high school, and I'm thankful he was my son's HC for 4 years. Also, I'm looking forward to my other son playing for Jackson for, hopefully, 4 years. But, I've yet to see anything official on Jackson though.

Your new coach should be able to get you a silver ball next season. The team we played was all underclassmen and should win the gold.