Westview at Gibson County

dmm88

Diehard basketball fans around West TN (including myself) have been anticipating this game since classification changes. I expect this to sell out. Two rivals, plenty of star power on the floor Friday night. 

Give me two to three keys for EACH team and your prediction as to who wins.

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Diehard basketball fans around West TN (including myself) have been anticipating this game since classification changes. I expect this to sell out. Two rivals, plenty of star power on the floor Friday night. 

Give me two to three keys for EACH team and your prediction as to who wins.

For Gibson County, it is how they handle the traps, rebounding, quick ball movement and taking care of the basketball. They are going to trap Micah up top religiously and both of our wings religiously out of their 2-3 zone. Gibson County will have to find the open girl because there will be open space somewhere off of the traps. Westview will try to play slow, IMO, although they can probably play either way just think they prefer to play slow. Gibson County will want to push it down court, but I feel they can play either style. Westview will have to handle Gibson County’s pressure and both teams will have to hit their good looks.These games are important for determining home court in tournaments. Will be interesting. Will be the first of ???? games. Turnovers will determine this game and the rest of them, IMO.  I don’t predict theses type of games, but I do like the way Gibson County has played this year. They have played great defense in these tight games. Will be the first war of maybe multiple. Do think both teams are good enough to win the Gold Ball depending on whoever gets hot at the right time.

Edited by pioneer42

49 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I think the X factor for both teams will be the 3-5 players. We know Harrison and Sims are going to play well and get their points and we know Micah will play well and get hers but who steps up and is the X-factor for each team. I will say Westview by 7

These are my exact thoughts. The keys are, "The Others", turnovers and rebounds.

The Harts will be as always. Harrison and Sims will do the bulk of the work for Westview, but what do the others do for both teams? 

Who controls the glass and who wins forces the most turnovers. This will be epic.

53 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

These are my exact thoughts. The keys are, "The Others", turnovers and rebounds.

The Harts will be as always. Harrison and Sims will do the bulk of the work for Westview, but what do the others do for both teams? 

Who controls the glass and who wins forces the most turnovers. This will be epic.

Games like this a lot of the times are decided in the 4th quarter. Who is in better shape?? Who is getting the 50/50 balls and rebounds?? Who is not fouling and playing disciplined defense?? And like you said who is taking care of the basketball?? I seen Westview this summer some, but I haven’t seen them at all this year during the season. I am not predicting it but these two could play 5 times this year. These are two heavyweights. The only reason Summertown and Loretto didn’t play 5 last year was because the District Tournament was cancelled. These two schools have had had some epic battles over the years. Two storied programs. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Games like this a lot of the times are decided in the 4th quarter. Who is in better shape?? Who is getting the 50/50 balls and rebounds?? Who is not fouling and playing disciplined defense?? And like you said who is taking care of the basketball?? I seen Westview this summer some, but I haven’t seen them at all this year during the season. I am not predicting it but these two could play 5 times this year. These are two heavyweights. The only reason Summertown and Loretto didn’t play 5 last year was because the District Tournament was cancelled. These two schools have had had some epic battles over the years. Two storied programs. 

I agree on all your points, two very good teams with lots of talent. If it comes down to preparation who you got? Most Of the time players make plays in these games that ultimately decide the outcome, but if all things were even, which coach gives you more confidence to have on your sideline? 

30 minutes ago, thebenchwarmer said:

I agree on all your points, two very good teams with lots of talent. If it comes down to preparation who you got? Most Of the time players make plays in these games that ultimately decide the outcome, but if all things were even, which coach gives you more confidence to have on your sideline? 

No disrespect to Haskins, but I wouldn’t trade Wilkins for any coach in the state because he is a 365 24/7 type of coach. Wilkins is 7-5 against Westview and he got here in 2013 during a school consolidation when he lost 350 kids and 40% of his team. He was 1-3 in 2013 and 2014  and since then he is 6-2 winners of his last three. Just a little history. Don’t mean any thing with these girls because last year’s GC/Westview teams haven’t met. These two were in the District in AA for many years with Obion County and Milan. 

I think these teams split their regular season games with the home team winning both meetings. Gibson Co is really tough team, and especially hard to beat at home. 
A motivated Harrison will be the best player on the floor, but she doesn’t always appear to be motivated. 
As far as coaching, I’d take Wilkins over Haskins all day every day

2 hours ago, maddams said:

I think these teams split their regular season games with the home team winning both meetings. Gibson Co is really tough team, and especially hard to beat at home. 
A motivated Harrison will be the best player on the floor, but she doesn’t always appear to be motivated. 
As far as coaching, I’d take Wilkins over Haskins all day every day

To me Wilkins is definitely over Haskins as well! I am going Gibson County by 5 at home! I personally haven’t seen Westview but Gibson County is the better team I believe