Eight AAA

EagleOldEyes

2 hours ago, RLA53 said:

No idea who'll they get, both girls and boys programs are struggling this year. 

it is a shame when both were on the rise.  I knew my rebelettes would struggle this year but we will be ok going into the next few years.  tullahoma had some years there in the nineties where they didn’t win but one or two games a year and were pitiful.  boys were not much better, so it is hard when you run good coaches off from that.  I hope we keep coach holt and ag around for a long time. 

9 hours ago, RLA53 said:

Franklin County has hired some good coaches in Basketball, and Football, I hope they will be patient with them.  I thought they didn't give coach Mac McCurry enough time, but I think Coach Cunningham will do a good job in Football.

Coffee County will probably win there district, but will probably have to face Blackman in the regionals. Warren County is pretty good, and its a shame how far Shelbyville has fallen since Insell left.

I guess I'm old school, but I liked the old 8AAA. 

i was unaware that is the district that our district matched up with in basketball still.  I had hoped we would go somewhere west and have a chance. The old district 8 was a lot of fun and easy to traverse for this old lady that is for sure and great competition over the years.  

12 hours ago, RLA53 said:

Franklin County has hired some good coaches in Basketball, and Football, I hope they will be patient with them.  I thought they didn't give coach Mac McCurry enough time, but I think Coach Cunningham will do a good job in Football.

Coffee County will probably win there district, but will probably have to face Blackman in the regionals. Warren County is pretty good, and its a shame how far Shelbyville has fallen since Insell left.

I guess I'm old school, but I liked the old 8AAA. 

Insell wouldn't have won either if he had only local kids. Seems llke he had a losing season until he went out and got Grundy's best player. Recruiting wars are now in Rutherford County. Notice the fall of Riverdale.

2 hours ago, RLA53 said:

I agree with you 100%,.  This has gone on  in basketball, and football for years, in Tennessee, and the TSSAA looks the other way.

what a shame it is and now webb has entered and started to take girls from this area as well as young men with offers of professional ball. this has to stop or the integrity of the game will just not be upheld 

23 hours ago, RLA53 said:

No idea who'll they get, both girls and boys programs are struggling this year. 

the front runner right now is a woman in Manchester who runs a travel ball program and would get some players from surrounding areas.  other applicants i have been told by people here in town are the former middle school boys coach who use to be a high school and college coach, the old Columbia Central girls coach, a franklin county current assistant coach, and a coffee county current assistant coach.  was also told the principal would make the hire not the athletic director 

49 minutes ago, RLA53 said:

It will be interesting to see who they get. The job hasn't been posted as yet.

this is all coming as secondary sources and nothing is ever official. Principal Joey was also said to have told parents in a meeting to call aau coaches and have them apply and ask the parents who they would like as the next coach.  i am no principal and certainly have never worked in a school environment but I would venture you do not want to go down that avenue when searching for a coach.  parents are part of. the reason you are in the mess you are in, why involve them unless you feel your job is at jeopardy

8 hours ago, RLA53 said:

Don't look for the TSSAA to do a thing about it.  They have created an unlevel playing field in football and basketball.  

Which is sad because 3A Football has become “Whoever loses to Alcoa”. It started with Private Schools and Public schools had to start recruiting to keep up.

38 minutes ago, RLA53 said:

It is sad, and seems to be getting worse every year.  The TSSAA needs to step in and do something, but we all know they won't.  And they have really screwed the reclassifications up, you have some 4 team regions, then you have 9 team regions. Schools in regions with teams over 100 miles away, a real mess.

why is franklin county in a four team district?

5 hours ago, RLA53 said:

It is sad, and seems to be getting worse every year.  The TSSAA needs to step in and do something, but we all know they won't.  And they have really screwed the reclassifications up, you have some 4 team regions, then you have 9 team regions. Schools in regions with teams over 100 miles away, a real mess.

There was a couple of Basketball districts with 4 teams and 1 with 16 teams in Single A until recently. A team had to forfeit a Regional Tournament game because they didn’t have 5 players and only 4 teams in the district. I am hoping the TSSAA cuts football back to 4 Classifications with districts like Basketball. Recruiting needs to be addressed and players playing out of zone or transferring  should be ineligible for 2 years not 1.

so if I read the standings correctly Tullahoma lost bad to page tonight and looks like there will be a three way tie possibly if Lawrence County wins on Thursday and Lincoln County beats Tullahoma again on Thursday.  What would the tie breaker be for the 2nd place finisher.  Looking at it Lincoln County would of beat Tullahoma twice and Lawrence would of beat Lincoln County twice.  Tullahoma has beat Lawrence County twice.  All have lost bad to page 

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know the standings for this district tournament or when and where it is being played?  i think I read where games were at Lawrence county already but do all the games get played there because I think it could be a good semifinal with girls and boys outside of page girls who should dominate the girls side.  does this district go to Murfreesboro or to East Tennessee and play?