top 3 match ups in West TN today Friday 1/21/22 Who you got

WestTNHoopsFan

4 hours ago, tigerfanatic said:

Middleton has new gym not as hot as the old one.

The gym wasn't the "problem". There's a long standing tradition of keeping it scorching hot for home games in Middleton, and if there's a thermostat, it will be hot in there. I have been in the old gym when it was 19 degrees outside and so hot that I couldn't breathe inside. It's a mental thing...they think that it gives them an advantage, and I agree that it does.

36 minutes ago, 802Tomcat said:

I just hope we can put together a  string of wins before tournament time

Winning is nice...it gives confidence and places you in a better position (seeding) for the tournament, but playing and competing at a high level against competition good enough to give you an L isn't a bad thing. You never learn as much from a close win as you do a close loss. Playing your best ball come tourney time is the goal for the regular season.

South Gibson beat North Side by 10........I agree it's tough for teams to go into Medina and win, but North Side has to figure out how to score effectively against a zone defense. They won't get far in the postseason as they should if they can't figure that out. Making one pass and taking a quick three isn't that strategy.

• Like 1