Loretta

Bulldog2396

1 minute ago, Bulldog2396 said:

What happened to Summertown when they played Loretta ?

Loretto's length frustrated Summertown. Also, Karly Weathers dominated. Outside of Burdette being a great true post, Loretto's just better from top to bottom.  With how Loretto's been playing, it's gonna be hard for anyone to beat them.  Not saying it can't happen, but based on how we've played together thus far, it's going to take one heck of a performance for any AA team to knock Loretto off.

8 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto's length frustrated Summertown. Also, Karly Weathers dominated. Outside of Burdette being a great true post, Loretto's just better from top to bottom.  With how Loretto's been playing, it's gonna be hard for anyone to beat them.  Not saying it can't happen, but based on how we've played together thus far, it's going to take one heck of a performance for any AA team to knock Loretto off.

I am surprised you didn’t scold him for misspelling Loretto. 

8 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Westview I think has a puncher's chance, but that's ONLY IF

-Harrison gets 28 or more points

-Barr gets 12 plus points, along with the defense and blocks and doesn't get into foul trouble

-Shooters make shots like last night 

Gibson County and Summertown IMO are clearly 2-3 notches below. 

24 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

-Barr gets 12 plus points, along with the defense and blocks and doesn't get into foul trouble

Saw all you needed to see out of GC last night to decide they were “2-3 notches below” huh?   Westview played a great game last night.  Got some big shots early to get the lead and and held on.  Great win for sure.  But I’d be willing to be that won’t be the last you hear from GC this year.   

48 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

The GC-WV stream is the only time I've seen WV this year.  They have a really good team.  They can definitely beat Loretto on a given night, but again, I feel that Loretto's length would frustrate them as well.  Loretto has shot like WV did against GC in 95% of their games this year.  Karly & Jada are a wash athletically, but Karly is taller (which results in more blocks & rebounds), with true PG vision, and a better shooter (based on what I saw in that game and last year).  Karly had 10 steals last night in less than 3 quarters of play.  She's just been playing out of her mind all year.

Anyone can be beat, because unlike most sports, one off night from one or two players can be catastrophic in bball.  But based on this point in the season, Loretto looks about as special as any h.s. girls team I've seen in a long time.  I am a homer, but I also tell the truth.  I was the one to say at the beginning of the year last year, top to bottom, Summertown had a better team.  We adjusted, and got hot at the right time. Karly kept us in those games last year, but she has a much better, more experienced, and more confident supporting cast this year.

It's an exciting time to be a fan of Girl's BBall in Middle & West TN, and I pray all of our girls on each team remain healthy throughout the rest of the season, because this year is gonna be special for all of us if they do.

I also don't believe you can say GC is 2-3 notches below based on that game.  They will adjust, and they will have more efficient nights than last night.

Edited by mas1821

It's not just the game last night against Westview. South Side and South Gibson also exposed them a little bit, and quite frankly this is what it is: if Madison and Micah struggle, they won't beat really good teams.  And that's the difference between the 3 teams. Loretto has 4-5 kids who can score, Westview has 3-4, Gibson County has 2. And it won't be the last time. Odds are VERY HIGH they are gonna meet again in the district and region championship.

39 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

The GC-WV stream is the only time I've seen WV this year.  They have a really good team.  They can definitely beat Loretto on a given night, but again, I feel that Loretto's length would frustrate them as well.  Loretto has shot like WV did against GC in 95% of their games this year.  Karly & Jada are a wash athletically, but Karly is taller (which results in more blocks & rebounds), with true PG vision, and a better shooter (based on what I saw in that game and last year).  Karly had 10 steals last night in less than 3 quarters of play.  She's just been playing out of her mind all year.

Anyone can be beat, because unlike most sports, one off night from one or two players can be catastrophic in bball.  But based on this point in the season, Loretto looks about as special as any h.s. girls team I've seen in a long time.  I am a homer, but I also tell the truth.  I was the one to say at the beginning of the year last year, top to bottom, Summertown had a better team.  We adjusted, and got hot at the right time. Karly kept us in those games last year, but she has a much better, more experienced, and more confident supporting cast this year.

It's an exciting time to be a fan of Girl's BBall in Middle & West TN, and I pray all of our girls on each team remain healthy throughout the rest of the season, because this year is gonna be special for all of us if they do.

I also don't believe you can say GC is 2-3 notches below based on that game.  They will adjust, and they will have more efficient nights than last night.

How much is Ally Weathers getting to play this year?  I took notice of her in last year's state championship with South Lawrence.  Cloudland middle has a good chance of getting there this year and I was relieved she had moved on to high school, lol 

21 minutes ago, THE KING said:

How much is Ally Weathers getting to play this year?  I took notice of her in last year's state championship with South Lawrence.  Cloudland middle has a good chance of getting there this year and I was relieved she had moved on to high school, lol 

She plays the majority of the games, unless they are blow outs.  Has room for improvement on her long shots, but she's a beast at every other facet of her game.  She'd probably average 20 ppg if not for her older sister being the stud player that she is.  Great vision, great driving to the basket, great rebounder, great defender.

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Saw all you needed to see out of GC last night to decide they were “2-3 notches below” huh?   Westview played a great game last night.  Got some big shots early to get the lead and and held on.  Great win for sure.  But I’d be willing to be that won’t be the last you hear from GC this year.   

Yeah GC decided after they got down 10 last night we will just play them a half court no press type of game and lost by 8. Westview exposed GC some especially Jada getting in the paint and made nice assists against GC’s man to man defense. I would bet big money Westview won’t see the same GC game plan in the future. GC has been known to play a great zone defense themselves and cut the paint off.  I would bet you won’t see the same matchups with defenders either playing man. Micah guarded Jada last night and that is a lot for a PG. Wilkins will practice zone I would bet from here on out. Loretto plays a similar 2-3 zone. And to hear that Loretto is just an unbeatable team is not a smart statement. Burdette exposed them. Why?? Because that is their weak spot. Post. Loretto is my number 1 team as well. But that don’t mean they are unbeatable. They are likely going to be undefeated as well. That ain’t easy. Ask Summertown Fans what kind of trophy they won at the Glass House for sweeping Loretto in the Tournaments and the Regular Season last year. Ask Loretto Fans in 2019 what kind of trophy they won for beating mighty Greenfield by 11 at state. Ask us Gibson County Fans what kind of trophy we won last year for losing to North Green. Better keep an eye out for the McMinn Central’s, Gatlinburg Pittman’s, York’s and Westmoreland’s of the world as well. Loretto has already had a dogfight with Westmoreland, 7 point game. That is not many points. Beat South Side by 11. That is not many. 

Edited by pioneer42