Loretta

Bulldog2396

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I went to Loretto last year to the game and yes I got their early and watched a JV game. I will be there by 4:30 at the latest. Pretty drive that I don’t mind at all. Y’all sell tickets at the gate??

They have been all year so I figured you’ll be good to go at the gate. If I hear differently, I’ll post it on here. 

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. I will be there providing I am in good health. I will post on this thread the day of. 

It's always good to see good clean rivals go at it and appreciate good girls basketball.  The last 4 years to see Loretto, Gibson County, Summertown, Greenfield, McKenzie, Westview, Huntingdon, and others in these areas love their teams an good basketball.   Good luck the rest of the way to all.  I will say this is a special Loretto squad.  I've watch Lawrence County basketball for years and seen some state champs and state runners up at Lawrence County High and Summertown High, this Loretto team holds no backseat to any of these great teams and coaches.

3 minutes ago, gogold said:

It's always good to see good clean rivals go at it and appreciate good girls basketball.  The last 4 years to see Loretto, Gibson County, Summertown, Greenfield, McKenzie, Westview, Huntingdon, and others in these areas love their teams an good basketball.   Good luck the rest of the way to all.  I will say this is a special Loretto squad.  I've watch Lawrence County basketball for years and seen some state champs and state runners up at Lawrence County High and Summertown High, this Loretto team holds no backseat to any of these great teams and coaches.

No doubt. Amazing how these teams have reloaded. Especially Loretto. I agree that they are a different animal. I will be the first to tell you I am really impressed with how Loretto has reloaded. Didn’t think they would be this dominant before the season since y’all lost 3 pretty good players. Same with Westview. Players that have stepped in for both squads are really good players and some are Freshman. From what I understand, y’all’s younger programs are loaded too. Look forward to watching y’all. It is going by too quick. Ours has been out 2 years and we still hate her career is over. It goes by fast. I will post on this site the day of and I will probably wear a red GC pullover and will be easy to spot. Hopefully I will get to meet some of y’all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. Amazing how these teams have reloaded. Especially Loretto. I agree that they are a different animal. I will be the first to tell you I am really impressed with how Loretto has reloaded. Didn’t think they would be this dominant before the season since y’all lost 3 pretty good players. Same with Westview. Players that have stepped in for both squads are really good players and some are Freshman. From what I understand, y’all’s younger programs are loaded too. Look forward to watching y’all. It is going by too quick. Ours has been out 2 years and we still hate her career is over. It goes by fast. I will post on this site the day of and I will probably wear a red GC pullover and will be easy to spot. Hopefully I will get to meet some of y’all. 

Sounds like a plan.  Would love to meet ya !

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

GC plays man 95% of the time unless we have trouble with a team getting to the rim. Certain teams that get to the rim I have seen him play all zone. Loretto for the most plays zone that I have seen. Look forward to watching y’all this week. I told mas1821 I would say Hi to him. I met him a couple of years ago I believe. What time you get there?? Don’t you do radio?? 

Son- in - law does games ( but mainly boys he gets tooooo emotional for girls ) Summertown playing better but got ways to go to handle Loretto for now Brazier playing better getting Reese back will help - Ansley shooting probably be the difference if she’s on good things happen - Burdette & Campbell pretty steady ( know what your getting game in and game out ) we’ll see - like I said in first game 1st 3 4- minutes probably tell how it goes 

57 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Son- in - law does games ( but mainly boys he gets tooooo emotional for girls ) Summertown playing better but got ways to go to handle Loretto for now Brazier playing better getting Reese back will help - Ansley shooting probably be the difference if she’s on good things happen - Burdette & Campbell pretty steady ( know what your getting game in and game out ) we’ll see - like I said in first game 1st 3 4- minutes probably tell how it goes 

The Summertown/Loretto, GC/Westview and South Gibson/South Side games all could very possible play 4 times and the 4th determines who takes the 3 hour bus ride for sub-state. Think Loretto got better each time last year against you guys and pulled the upset in  the state. Think you guys have to do the same some what this year. You have to learn how to play them like Loretto learned how to play y’all last year. Your like us and have been successful doing what you do for a while but when you play really good teams you have to be real strategic. Y’all may have to throw some new wrinkles at them. Coaches have to earn their money finding openings in these 2-3 zones and learning how to attack it and setting up plays. You can’t just play street ball against it. That don’t work. Coaches can’t get on to their players at all if they are not setting up good game plans against good zone teams. These kids don’t see good zones every day especially against teams that are long and athletic like Loretto. I will be there and hope to see y’all there. Loretto is a different animal for sure. 

8 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto will have a grueling Friday & Saturday.

Fri - at home vs Summertown after having played on both Mon & Wed.

Sat - Travel to Tupelo, MS to play Tupelo High School.  Tupelo is a top 10 team (regardless of class) in the state of MS.

4 games is a lot of ball. Seasons are a grind. You guys have played a tough schedule this year. It is flying by. Look forward to watching the big matchup Friday. Still can’t believe Summertown’s coach last year is at South Gibson this year. Nothing against South Gibson just still shocked she left Summertown. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

4 games is a lot of ball. Seasons are a grind. You guys have played a tough schedule this year. It is flying by. Look forward to watching the big matchup Friday. Still can’t believe Summertown’s coach last year is at South Gibson this year. Nothing against South Gibson just still shocked she left Summertown. 

I agree.  She left a great program, in her home county, with a super supportive fan base.  Blows my mind.  Big pickup for South Gibson tho!

3 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I agree.  She left a great program, in her home county, with a super supportive fan base.  Blows my mind.  Big pickup for South Gibson tho!

That is what blows my mind. Lawrence County was her home. She does a lot for her girls and treats them really good. Pushing them around days are over. If she stays there a while she will have a major powerhouse. They have a Middle Tennessee type real estate market and have lots of people moving in. Ashley has some history around here too. She played ball at Freed and her and the last South Gibson coach are I think old teammates at Freed and great friends. 

9 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto will have a grueling Friday & Saturday.

Fri - at home vs Summertown after having played on both Mon & Wed.

Sat - Travel to Tupelo, MS to play Tupelo High School.  Tupelo is a top 10 team (regardless of class) in the state of MS.

The Ms. game will be a experience if the officials in North Ms. haven’t changed. Needless to say they let em play. They play with the wave ball to.