Loretta

Bulldog2396

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

The video I saw on twitter looked more like a knee than an ankle. It didn't look good. I hope she is ok

Watching it live, it looked like a right ankle, but watching the replay definitely looked like a right knee.  Here's a little longer version showing her walking off afterwards.

Edited by mas1821

7 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Watching it live, it looked like a left ankle, but watching the replay definitely looked like a right knee.  Here's a little longer version showing her walking off afterwards.

Yeah it looks like her right leg came down on the defenders foot and looked like she kinda hyperextended her right knee. Her walking off the court hopefully is a good sign. I can understand the concern looking at the video because she came down awkwardly for sure. 

I think she'll be alright but, was a scary moment at the time.  Karly is tough and gets hammered multiple times during a game.   The refs for what ever reason do not call fouls, just like this play.  I've watched her for 4 years and there's no telling how many times she's fouled and they're never called.  If this were state, she'd been back in the game.  You could not have kept her off the court.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gogold said:

I think she'll be alright but, was a scary moment at the time.  Karly is tough and gets hammered multiple times during a game.   The refs for what ever reason do not call fouls, just like this play.  I've watched her for 4 years and there's no telling how many times she's fouled and they're never called.  If this were state, she'd been back in the game.  You could not have kept her off the court.

Good deal. Prayers and thanks for guardian angels for all our players, coaches and fans. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gogold said:

She's as tough & competitive as they come!  Been a pleasure to watch her at South Lawrence & Loretto!

She definitely gets no calls in 90% of our games. Almost like the refs think she can handle it cause she's a star 

Edited by mas1821
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

She's as tough & competitive as they come!  Been a pleasure to watch her at South Lawrence & Loretto!

She definitely gets no calls in 90% of our games. Almost like the refs think she can handle it cause she's a star 

Yea, and that's crazy because the "stars" are usually just like the pros and get all the calls. Great career ahead of her, so I hope she is indeed ok. That was for sure a foul.

33 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Yea, and that's crazy because the "stars" are usually just like the pros and get all the calls. Great career ahead of her, so I hope she is indeed ok. That was for sure a foul.

yeah.. 

it wasn't egregious, just poor coaching/teaching the difference between boxing out & undercutting. Undercutting is dangerous regardless of intent, especially when uncalled.

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

I hated to see the lady stallions get put out.  I was looking forward to seeing them in the state tournament