Loretta

Bulldog2396

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

That is what blows my mind. Lawrence County was her home. She does a lot for her girls and treats them really good. Pushing them around days are over. If she stays there a while she will have a major powerhouse. They have a Middle Tennessee type real estate market and have lots of people moving in. Ashley has some history around here too. She played ball at Freed and her and the last South Gibson coach are I think old teammates at Freed and great friends. 

If I told you why she left you wouldn’t believe it so I’ll leave it at that 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

If I told you why she left you wouldn’t believe it so I’ll leave it at that 

I probably would. But you would have to think that something had been brewing a while and it was an oil and water combination though. Something to do with administration I heard. For her to pack her bags and leave her hometown is a shock either way you look at it. South Gibson is glad it happend. She done well with y’all too. Something happend.

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Not her intention to leave but small school  politics 

How do you feel about it?? Looks like a good coach from what we have seen. Players seem like they would run through a brick wall for her and I like her system. She went head to head with a great Clarkrange team last year and took them down. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

How do you feel about it?? Looks like a great coach from what we have seen. Players seem like they would run through a brick wall for her. 

Kids loved her she was hard but fair - like most relatively new coach sometimes didn’t adjust but hard to have 3 coaches in 4 years makes it hard to have continuity- all 3 are good coaches don’t get me wrong but different - first 2 had the trust of the team to prepare them for better competition - Summertown like most better programs can beat 80% of teams too easily ( if you know where I’m going ) so we’ll see on # 3 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

So you saying they ran her off?? Sounds like she made a player’s parents mad.

No not parents she was very likable and verrrrry upbeat ( if you every meet her you’ll know what I mean ) just can’t fight powers that be - and kids  would have ran thru a wall for her - we lost a good one SG luck to have her 

2 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

No not parents she was very likable and verrrrry upbeat ( if you every meet her you’ll know what I mean ) just can’t fight powers that be - and kids  would have ran thru a wall for her - we lost a good one SG luck to have her 

Don’t know if she wants hs basketball to be her final destination though so SG may be a short term deal 

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

That is what blows my mind. Lawrence County was her home. She does a lot for her girls and treats them really good. Pushing them around days are over. If she stays there a while she will have a major powerhouse. They have a Middle Tennessee type real estate market and have lots of people moving in. Ashley has some history around here too. She played ball at Freed and her and the last South Gibson coach are I think old teammates at Freed and great friends. 

Ashley and Catie were teammates at Lawrence County Highschool.  Ashley played and Freed-Hardeman and Katie at Lipscomb.  They are good friends and ex-teammates.  

15 minutes ago, gogold said:

Ashley and Catie were teammates at Lawrence County Highschool.  Ashley played and Freed-Hardeman and Katie at Lipscomb.  They are good friends and ex-teammates.  

Ashley played at Freed with South Gibson’s last coach I am pretty sure Do know they are great friends and they both played at Freed at some point. Ashley sent one of our players that blew out a knee a letter in 2020. Same player broke her ankle game before Loretto in 2019 at state. Thought that was very classy of her. She is friends with some GC fans and former players. She is obviously a great coach and has built a powerhouse. 

Edited by pioneer42

33 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

29 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know if she wants hs basketball to be her final destination though so SG may be a short term deal 

She coached at Columbia some where before y’all right?? As far as “powers that be” having problems. What do they want?? She beat the powerhouse Clarkrange Team last year that most probably picked against Summertown last year. That was a gut wrenching game that played a toll on your players, IMO. My legs got tired watching it it was so big of a battle. Didn’t they hire a coach that had been there before that left and went out of state?? Did he want to come back home?? Head scratcher they didn’t like her. I have watched her coach a bunch and she plays a lot like GC. Thought that at Summertown as well.