Loretta

Bulldog2396

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

She coached at Columbia some where before y’all right?? As far as “powers that be” having problems. What do they want?? She beat the powerhouse Clarkrange Team last year that most probably picked against Summertown last year. That was a gut wrenching game that played a toll on your players, IMO. My legs got tired watching it it was so big of a battle. Didn’t they hire a coach that had been there before that left and went out of state?? Did he want to come back home?? Head scratcher they didn’t like her. I have watched her coach a bunch and she plays a lot like GC. Thought that at Summertown as well. 

Not basketball related and new coach lived in Summertown but coached at Forest where he was very successful not out of state - not going to get into State Tournament games last year still got bad taste in my mouth about that one that got away but kuddos  to Loretto for finding a way to win Catie like most good coach knew who to get on that but and who not to My Grand that played last year might have needed a saddle as much as she rode her but by the end of the year she told her she was best point guard she ever coached so go figure 

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Ashley played at Freed with South Gibson’s last coach I am pretty sure Do know they are great friends and they both played at Freed at some point. Ashley sent one of our players that blew out a knee a letter in 2020. Same player broke her ankle game before Loretto in 2019 at state. Thought that was very classy of her. She is friends with some GC fans and former players. She is obviously a great coach and has built a powerhouse. 

I assume you maybe talking about Carla Wyatt.  She was an assistant coach at Freed for ole Dale Neal when Ashley started as a freshman.  Carla's youngest son has been battling health issues and she stepped away from coaching for the time being.  She was loved by the team when she coached at Freed.   Carla was a really good player for Freed.

46 minutes ago, gogold said:

I assume you maybe talking about Carla Wyatt.  She was an assistant coach at Freed for ole Dale Neal when Ashley started as a freshman.  Carla's youngest son has been battling health issues and she stepped away from coaching for the time being.  She was loved by the team when she coached at Freed.   Carla was a really good player for Freed.

I knew they knew each other from Freed. Didn’t know the details. Ashley knows quite a few in West Tennessee. Her and one of our players from the 2019 championship team are pretty good friends. I like Ashley. She seems like a great family person with good values. 

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I knew they knew each other from Freed. Didn’t know the details. Ashley knows quite a few in West Tennessee. Her and one of our players from the 2019 championship team are pretty good friends. I like Ashley. She seems like a great family person with good values. 

I think that playing at Freed and being in the coaches circle, she has got to know a lot of different people.  She respects the style of girls basketball played in west Tennessee and their coaches.  She's easy to get to know and like.  What you see, is what you get with her.  She's a very Godly person and it shows in how she treats people.  She's highly competitive and had good coaches to help her along the way.   She likes beating you better than a fat man likes chocolate cake.  Freed-Hardeman talked to her after Dale left, but she loves coaching girls high school basketball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogold said:

I think that playing at Freed and being in the coaches circle, she has got to know a lot of different people.  She respects the style of girls basketball played in west Tennessee and their coaches.  She's easy to get to know and like.  What you see, is what you get with her.  She's a very Godly person and it shows in how she treats people.  She's highly competitive and had good coaches to help her along the way.   She likes beating you better than a fat man likes chocolate cake.  Freed-Hardeman talked to her after Dale left, but she loves coaching girls high school basketball.

She would have been a great coach at Freed no doubt, but I would bet she has too much Loretto blood in her to want go any where else. I like her style in being a Godly person and her being a deciple. We at GC have the same beliefs and teachings. Do think girls basketball in Tennessee gets an A+ for having good coaches and people in place who love the game and love kids not Just their team but all teams and keeps ball going most of the year with camps, play days and leagues for all ages of kids and schools. A kid now days has multiple opportunities to show their talents and get better if they want to play basketball. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

She would have been a great coach at Freed no doubt, but I would bet she has too much Loretto blood in her to want go any where else. I like her style in being a Godly person and her being a deciple. We at GC have the same beliefs and teachings. Do think girls basketball in Tennessee gets an A+ for having good coaches and people in place who love the game and love kids not Just their team but all teams and keeps ball going most of the year with camps, play days and leagues for all ages of kids and schools. A kid now days has multiple opportunities to show their talents and get better if they want to play basketball. 

Amen on all those statements !  Hope to get to see you in person Friday.  There's a usually a few seats behind the girls bench.  That's where my clan sets.   Come on over !

9 minutes ago, gogold said:

Amen on all those statements !  Hope to get to see you in person Friday.  There's a usually a few seats behind the girls bench.  That's where my clan sets.   Come on over !

I will be there. I actually sat above their bench last year kinda close to the top. Is their a JV game that day that you know of?? Was last year.

Loretto by far the best team! Summertown better team last season. Loretto brought home gold ball last season and congratulations! Loretto must concentrate on stopping PG Campbell to beat Summertown 4 times this season. They did in 1st meeting and will need to continue throughout season and tournaments. Summertown has best chance to beat Loretto because they will play 4+ times this year. Burdette down low is key, but need PG to be free to utilize her. Karly is the difference maker, but if Campbell speeds up pace they will give them a game. Loretto should win at Home by 15+, but not a safe bet. Can’t wait to make 2.5 hour trip to watch!! Looking forward to experiencing the Barn tomorrow!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iswhatitis said:

Loretto by far the best team! Summertown better team last season. Loretto brought home gold ball last season and congratulations! Loretto must concentrate on stopping PG Campbell to beat Summertown 4 times this season. They did in 1st meeting and will need to continue throughout season and tournaments. Summertown has best chance to beat Loretto because they will play 4+ times this year. Burdette down low is key, but need PG to be free to utilize her. Karly is the difference maker, but if Campbell speeds up pace they will give them a game. Loretto should win at Home by 15+, but not a safe bet. Can’t wait to make 2.5 hour trip to watch!! Looking forward to experiencing the Barn tomorrow!!

The barn looks forward to hosting you!  I'd be there by 5!

19 minutes ago, iswhatitis said:

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

The barn looks forward to hosting you!  I'd be there by 5!

I will be there probably before. I will see y’all tomm. Looking forward to the electric atmosphere. I met you a couple of years ago didn’t I??

Edited by pioneer42