Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

7-4A (Crockett Co., Haywood, Milan, North Side, Obion Co. Central, and South Gibson)

After taking a month or so off, I’m starting to get curious/anxious about the 2022 season.  As we all know, the region has some new faces.  Congratulations to Coach Carr (Milan) and Coach Johnson (SGC). 

Does anybody have any thoughts as to how the region may play out this year?  Who are some of the key players to watch in 2022?

I'd also like to see some topics created for Region 7-3A and Region 6-4A.  How about it @CHARGERFAN and @Tigersandcats?

Edited by stacmot

24 minutes ago, stacmot said:

7-4A (Crockett Co., Haywood, Milan, North Side, Obion Co. Central, and South Gibson)

After taking a month or so off, I’m starting to get curious/anxious about the 2022 season.  As we all know, the region has some new faces.  Congratulations to Coach Carr (Milan) and Coach Johnson (SGC). 

Does anybody have any thoughts as to how the region may play out this year?  Who are some of the key players to watch in 2022?

I'd also like to see some topics created for Region 7-3A and Region 6-4A.  How about it @CHARGERFAN and @Tigersandcats?

I just hope we can keep a few games close…

26 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I just hope we can keep a few games close…

I know your game BPM.  That's nothing but non-coach coach-speak for we're going to whip everybody's butt.  Watch out everybody!  The Dawgs have been rejuvenated and they are on the hunt,

Edited by stacmot

Yeah, there are a few pointers that needs to happen. 

First, Obion Central and Crockett County. Both of those teams only scored 30+ points in a game only one time. Obion Central scored 34 at Dyer against Gibson County. Crockett County scored 48 down in Bolivar. Both of those offenses needs to be more explosive and score more. I'm confident that Obion Central can do that more than Crockett County.

In October & November games, North Side only scored 14.4 points (excluding the Crockett game). They drastically need a new identity on offense. They're going to lose Wallace, DeMoss, and the Reed kid that's going to Louisville. Who's going to be the playmakers on offense?

Can Milan create some consistency to bring them success in 2023? That's it

South Gibson: Curious to see what the offense is going to look like. However, I want to see them dominate games and not edging out victories. 

I will say I would much rather be in South Gibson's shoes than Milan's shoes.

Haywood, can they continue the success they have been doing? The Tomcats get better and better each year.

Other than Haywood dominating, I was really disappointed in the collective effort from all the other teams in 2021.

5 hours ago, stacmot said:

Stacmot, glad to see you back on here. I see the football bug has done bit you. Got some big changes in 7-4A for sure. But I’ll go out on a limb and say your Tomcats will be the preseason favorites, but as usual I do think this region will be super competitive. I am looking forward to seeing what the two new coaches will bring to the table. I do know they’ll have athletes to work with at Both Milan and South Gibson. My biggest curiosity is will SGC still run the option,orwill we see a new look on offense. I think Try not to sucks post is a fair assessment of the region, he made a lot of good points. How many starters did Haywood lose off last years qtr. final team?

8 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Stacmot, glad to see you back on here. I see the football bug has done bit you. Got some big changes in 7-4A for sure. But I’ll go out on a limb and say your Tomcats will be the preseason favorites, but as usual I do think this region will be super competitive. I am looking forward to seeing what the two new coaches will bring to the table. I do know they’ll have athletes to work with at Both Milan and South Gibson. My biggest curiosity is will SGC still run the option,orwill we see a new look on offense. I think Try not to sucks post is a fair assessment of the region, he made a lot of good points. How many starters did Haywood lose off last years qtr. final team?

Haywood made the semi finals last year. Lost to Tullahoma. 

Last year was supposed to be sort of a rebuilding year for Haywood. They were very young. They lose Arkansas signee Lewis, a good rb and a few key players at linebacker, but started 16 underclassmen and finished the year with a lot of new faces. This coming year is the year the coaches have been pointing to as their best shot at a title. They lose a kicker of course, but I'd say this will be the strongest Haywood County squad since Coach Smith arrived. Til someone proves different, the path to a deep playoff run still goes through Brownsville for these new staffs and the old ones as well.

Haywood rolls this region probably even easier this year. 

Then I’m gonna go with south Gibson at 2 just because I think they probably have more left from last year. And I like the Ben Johnson hire more. 

Go with Milan at 3 but I think in stronger region they could miss the playoffs. If you can think of a splash player from the past two years besides spinks and Carr they are gone. 

Northside at 4 just off pure athleticism.

Obion and Crockett and good luck  

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Last year was supposed to be sort of a rebuilding year for Haywood. They were very young. They lose Arkansas signee Lewis, a good rb and a few key players at linebacker, but started 16 underclassmen and finished the year with a lot of new faces. This coming year is the year the coaches have been pointing to as their best shot at a title. They lose a kicker of course, but I'd say this will be the strongest Haywood County squad since Coach Smith arrived. Til someone proves different, the path to a deep playoff run still goes through Brownsville for these new staffs and the old ones as well.

Y’all definitely seem to be getting better ever year, no doubt. Pretty amazing how Haywood reloads every year. The talent pool never seems to run dry for you guys.