Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

On 1/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, stacmot said:

7-4A (Crockett Co., Haywood, Milan, North Side, Obion Co. Central, and South Gibson)

After taking a month or so off, I’m starting to get curious/anxious about the 2022 season.  As we all know, the region has some new faces.  Congratulations to Coach Carr (Milan) and Coach Johnson (SGC). 

Does anybody have any thoughts as to how the region may play out this year?  Who are some of the key players to watch in 2022?

I'd also like to see some topics created for Region 7-3A and Region 6-4A.  How about it @CHARGERFAN and @Tigersandcats?

I don’t really get excited about high school football until about August. In fact, I hardly visit Coach T until about then. 

My big question for you, Stacmot, is whether the Tomcats will come play in Covington in 2022. After playing you guys in Brownsville for two consecutive seasons, you will have to agree that it’s time for us to get a home game in this series. If our artificial turf is installed as scheduled, you can help christen it. And, CHS has removed the old goalposts, cut them up, and sold pieces as souvenirs, so that project appears to be on track. 

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I don’t really get excited about high school football until about August. In fact, I hardly visit Coach T until about then. 

My big question for you, Stacmot, is whether the Tomcats will come play in Covington in 2022. After playing you guys in Brownsville for two consecutive seasons, you will have to agree that it’s time for us to get a home game in this series. If our artificial turf is installed as scheduled, you can help christen it. And, CHS has removed the old goalposts, cut them up, and sold pieces as souvenirs, so that project appears to be on track. 

Have no fear Chargerfan!  The Cats will make the trek across the Hatchie in 2022.

Occasionally, that sort of thing (playing an opponent two years in a row on the opponent’s home field) happens when the TSSAA realigns classification and region assignments and new scheduling contracts are made.  Who knows?  When realignment takes place after the 2022 season, Haywood may cross the Hatchie again in 2023 (assuming the Cats and Chargers continue their rivalry).

I’m sure the Tomcats will be excited to play on the new and improved Covington Athletic Field.  Especially since we won’t have a new stadium and turf field anytime in the near future (if ever).

Unless an opponent has been found, it appears Haywood is in need of a game in either week 1 or 2 of the 2022 season.  https://www.tnfca.org/gameswanted

Edited by stacmot

On 1/22/2022 at 10:19 PM, Tigersandcats said:

Stacmot, glad to see you back on here. I see the football bug has done bit you. Got some big changes in 7-4A for sure. But I’ll go out on a limb and say your Tomcats will be the preseason favorites, but as usual I do think this region will be super competitive. I am looking forward to seeing what the two new coaches will bring to the table. I do know they’ll have athletes to work with at Both Milan and South Gibson. My biggest curiosity is will SGC still run the option,orwill we see a new look on offense. I think Try not to sucks post is a fair assessment of the region, he made a lot of good points. How many starters did Haywood lose off last years qtr. final team?

Thanks for the welcome back T&C.  I hope you and your family had a good Christmas and you’re having a good 2022.  I really can’t answer much about the 2022 Tomcats.  Maybe @Tomcatfan2011 can tell us more about what to expect in 2022.  He usually knows a lot about the football program.  I do expect your Hardin Co. Tigers to dominate in Region 6-4A this year.  Good luck to the HC Tigers.

Edited by stacmot

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

Have no fear Chargerfan!  The Cats will make the trek across the Hatchie in 2022.

Occasionally, that sort of thing (playing an opponent two years in a row on the opponent’s home field) happens when the TSSAA realigns classification and region assignments and new scheduling contracts are made.  Who knows?  When realignment takes place after the 2022 season.  Haywood may cross the Hatchie again in 2023 (assuming the Cats and Chargers continue their rivalry).

I’m sure the Tomcats will be excited to play on the new and improved Covington Athletic Field.  Especially since we won’t have a new stadium and turf field anytime in the near future (if ever).

Unless an opponent has been found, it appears Haywood is in need of a game in either week 1 or 2 of the 2022 season.  https://www.tnfca.org/gameswanted

6A Cordova and its new coach quickly ran scared... not a lot of takers lining up

12 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thanks for the welcome back T&C.  I hope you and your family had a good Christmas and you’re having a good 2022.  I really can’t answer much about the 2022 Tomcats.  Maybe @Tomcatfan2011 can tell us more about what to expect in 2022.  He usually knows a lot about the football program.  I do expect your Hardin Co. Tigers to dominate in Region 6-4A this year.  Good luck to the HC Tigers.

I’m not sure of many teams scheduling i knew of Cordova not wanting to play us as well as melrose. We are returning 4 of our starting Oline a QB and the RB position is in good hands. I feel the passing game will be spreader around more with the emergence of a few targets. On defense we lose a corner, jaylen Lewis both inside backers and two DTs. We had plenty depth and like said before we played ALOT OF UNDERCLASSMEN especially sophomores. Back ups showed a lot of promise

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, stacmot said:

Occasionally, that sort of thing (playing an opponent two years in a row on the opponent’s home field) happens when the TSSAA realigns classification and region assignments and new scheduling contracts are made.  Who knows?  When realignment takes place after the 2022 season, Haywood may cross the Hatchie again in 2023 (assuming the Cats and Chargers continue their rivalry).

Is Haywood still looking for a new opponent in Week 1? 6A Independence is looking for a game to play.  Yes, they would prefer the game to be at Thompson Station. But this is Scott Stidham's new school, so it's a familiar face for the Tomcats.

17 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Is Haywood still looking for a new opponent in Week 1? 6A Independence is looking for a game to play.  Yes, they would prefer the game to be at Thompson Station. But this is Scott Stidham's new school, so it's a familiar face for the Tomcats.

Haywood has filled that date, from what I hear. Just waiting on the contract to come back.

Haywood wins this region in run away fashion. Not many teams across the state can match up with Haywood when they are at their peak. These coaches at Haywood are doing an unbelievable job. As for the rest of the region, I expect chaos. A lot of these teams are very similar in strength which I think will lead to a crazy, but very fun season in this region! 

3 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Haywood wins this region in run away fashion. Not many teams across the state can match up with Haywood when they are at their peak. These coaches at Haywood are doing an unbelievable job. As for the rest of the region, I expect chaos. A lot of these teams are very similar in strength which I think will lead to a crazy, but very fun season in this region! 

Hmm. Guess no other team stands a chance to beat the Tomcats. 

• 4 weeks later...