Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

What are your thoughts concerning Milan?

I don't want to jump the gun and say Dyersburg is on a complete rebuild. It's a scrimmage. Some teams take it serious, others don't. Throw the 42-3 out the window because Dyersburg is better than an actual 42-3 loss to Milan on a Friday night. Saying that, yes, Milan did dominate that scrimmage for the most part. Are they (Milan) better than they were last year? I believe so. However, it's easy to make that claim. Unfortunately, I do not see them closing the gap on Haywood. From what I've seen last night, Milan is better and Dyersburg is not. But should I be scared of Milan? As of now, I'm not.

• Thanks 1

Dyersburgs D front will be tough to handle for most west TN teams. they just got a little tired last night... But I have a feeling the coaching staff over there will have them game ready.  Dyersburgs offense had some good drives but they turned the ball over on some crucial downs. These are fixable things for a good coaching staff. Milans Offense was able to move the ball well. Their defense caused some disruptions and stayed after the football. Milan was in better shaped and looked more experienced. If this were a week 5 game, you wouldn't want to miss it! It was good work for both teams. 

2 hours ago, oneofakind said:

Dyersburgs D front will be tough to handle for most west TN teams. they just got a little tired last night... But I have a feeling the coaching staff over there will have them game ready.  Dyersburgs offense had some good drives but they turned the ball over on some crucial downs. These are fixable things for a good coaching staff. Milans Offense was able to move the ball well. Their defense caused some disruptions and stayed after the football. Milan was in better shaped and looked more experienced. If this were a week 5 game, you wouldn't want to miss it! It was good work for both teams. 

Thanks for the report

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We’re not very good Stac. Certainly not on the tomcats level. Y’all just need to put it in cruise control until the title game. Nothing to worry about in Milan. 

We're not very good Big Purple.  Certainly not on the Bulldogs' level.  Y'all just need to put it in cruise control until the title game.  Nothing to worry about in Haywood. 

^^^Fixed it for ya!^^^

I've heard a lot of good things about Haywood, but I haven't had the opportunity to see the Tomcats scrimmage. That said, I have no idea how good we might or might not be.  As you know, anything can happen on any Friday (or Thursday) night.  I am worried.  Everything I've heard and read seems to indicate the Bulldogs are ready for a very successful season.  I don't think anybody has an easy road to Chattanooga.

To top it off, we have to play y'all in Milan.  Have y'all finished the dome yet?

Yo Dawg, I heard you liked Sandbagging So I put a Sandbag in your sandbag  so you can sandbag while you sandbag - xzibit-yo-dawg | Meme Generator

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stacmot said:

We're not very good Big Purple.  Certainly not on the Bulldogs' level.  Y'all just need to put it in cruise control until the title game.  Nothing to worry about in Haywood. 

^^^Fixed it for ya!^^^

I've heard a lot of good things about Haywood, but I haven't had the opportunity to see the Tomcats scrimmage. That said, I have no idea how good we might or might not be.  As you know, anything can happen on any Friday (or Thursday) night.  I am worried.  Everything I've heard and read seems to indicate the Bulldogs are ready for a very successful season.  I don't think anybody has an easy road to Chattanooga.

To top it off, we have to play y'all in Milan.  Have y'all finished the dome yet?

Yo Dawg, I heard you liked Sandbagging So I put a Sandbag in your sandbag  so you can sandbag while you sandbag - xzibit-yo-dawg | Meme Generator

Lol. I hear ya man. We have looked good. But we like everyone else have things we need to work on. We have to stay healthy. Can’t have a repeat of last year. They will break ground soon on the indoor facility. 100% serious. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigGuy11 said:

Anyone have a prediction on this region after the first few scrimmages?

17 hours ago, stacmot said:

I apologize.  I tried to cut and paste my response, but it didn't work.

I feel like Haywood, Milan, and South Gibson will fight it out for 1-3 while Crockett, North Side, and Obion will battle for 4th.  Of course, that’s nothing new because that was the consensus before scrimmages.  It’s hard to say.  Teams use different scrimmage formats, most coaches aren’t going to show a lot, they hold out or restrain key players to avoid injuries, and as you see in this thread…it’s like squeezing blood out of a turnip to get detailed information about results.

It might be a little early for this, but here’s the week 1 schedule for Region 7-4A along with each team’s power rating.

August 18

Peabody 122.47 at Milan 120.20

August 19

North Side 100.05 at Hardin Co. 124.64
Dyer Co. 102.43 at Crockett Co. 90.35
South Gibson 114.52 at Lexington 111.99
Gibson Co. 78.29 at Obion Central 93.56
Haywood 124.97 is open

The Peabody-Milan and South Gibson-Lexington games look to be close.  Obion seems to be a definite favorite while North Side and Crockett appear to be definite underdogs.  Any thoughts on the toss-ups or Northside’s and Crockett’s chances of pulling an upset?

As for me, I believe Milan will end their 5-game losing streak to Peabody, and I believe South Gibson and Obion will win.  I don’t see North Side pulling an upset at Hardin Co.  Crockett is a complete mystery to me.  The Cavs seemed to have performed well against Peabody and Westview, but I don’t know the details.

Edited by stacmot

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

I feel like Haywood, Milan, and South Gibson will fight it out for 1-3 while Crockett, North Side, and Obion will battle for 4th.  Of course, that’s nothing new because that was the consensus before scrimmages.  It’s hard to say.  Teams use different scrimmage formats, most coaches aren’t going to show a lot, they hold out or restrain key players to avoid injuries, and as you see in this thread…it’s like squeezing blood out of a turnip to get detailed information about results.

It might be a little early for this, but here’s the week 1 schedule for Region 7-4A along with each team’s power rating.

August 18

Peabody 122.47 at Milan 120.20

August 19

North Side 100.05 at Hardin Co. 124.64
Dyer Co. 102.43 at Crockett Co. 90.35
South Gibson 114.52 at Lexington 111.99
Gibson Co. 78.29 at Obion Central 93.56
Haywood 124.97 is open

The Peabody-Milan and South Gibson-Lexington games look to be close.  Obion seems to be a definite favorite while North Side and Crockett appear to be definite underdogs.  Any thoughts on the toss-ups or Northside’s and Crockett’s chances of pulling an upset?

As for me, I believe Milan will end their 4-game losing streak to Peabody, and I believe South Gibson and Obion will win.  I don’t see North Side pulling an upset at Hardin Co.  Crockett is a complete mystery to me.  The Cavs seemed to have performed well against Peabody and Westiview, but I don’t know the details.

Peabody has beat Milan 5 in a row :twisted:

crockett is much improved over last year