Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

The last thing Crockett County can avoid is to start 0-3. Starting 0-3 is a killer for their apparent momentum. So, Crockett County has apparently improved, but how much? Did they close the gap on North Side? I'm not sure. I do think North Side will take a step back, but I do believe the Indians have what it takes to hold off Crockett County.  I'm hearing the safety for North Side will be a player to watch. North Side will head to Paris to play McCracken County in the Henry County Jamboree.

However, this was a district that underperformed well in 2021. The team I'm curious to see is Obion Central, just to see if they  have improved at all from 2021. However, I'm more excited to see how South Gibson will participate in 2022. I really thought they made a sneaky good hire in Ben Johnson. All he has to do continue to build team from what Scott Stidham did in Medina.

I know Haywood fans weren't happy about the lack of scheduling. August 26, Haywood has Oakhaven. I wish the Tomcats hit I-40 and head onto 840 and play against 6A Independence. That's Scott Stidham's new team, and they have the #1 player in the state in Ty Lockwood (he flipped from Ohio State to Alabama last week), and a Junior QB that is getting looked at by WKU, Pittsburgh, and Miami (OH). That game would benefit both schools more than anything Haywood vs Oakhaven and Independence vs Trezevant on 8/26.

North Side's offense needs new creativity and be more productive in big games. Obion Central needs to improve as a whole. Crockett County needs to average 28-30 points, and shed off 10 points a game on defense. For Milan, I think everything has to go right for them to succeed.

1. Haywood

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

4. North Side

5. Obion Central

6. Crockett County.

I just have questions about Crockett that needs to be answered before I believe them.

Side note: Lausanne playing at Humboldt on September 23 and at South Gibson on October 20. Lausanne's Quarterback, Brock Glenn, is an Ohio State commit. Just want to throw that out there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The last thing Crockett County can avoid is to start 0-3. Starting 0-3 is a killer for their apparent momentum. So, Crockett County has apparently improved, but how much? Did they close the gap on North Side? I'm not sure. I do think North Side will take a step back, but I do believe the Indians have what it takes to hold off Crockett County.  I'm hearing the safety for North Side will be a player to watch. North Side will head to Paris to play McCracken County in the Henry County Jamboree.

However, this was a district that underperformed well in 2021. The team I'm curious to see is Obion Central, just to see if they  have improved at all from 2021. However, I'm more excited to see how South Gibson will participate in 2022. I really thought they made a sneaky good hire in Ben Johnson. All he has to do continue to build team from what Scott Stidham did in Medina.

I know Haywood fans weren't happy about the lack of scheduling. August 26, Haywood has Oakhaven. I wish the Tomcats hit I-40 and head onto 840 and play against 6A Independence. That's Scott Stidham's new team, and they have the #1 player in the state in Ty Lockwood (he flipped from Ohio State to Alabama last week), and a Junior QB that is getting looked at by WKU, Pittsburgh, and Miami (OH). That game would benefit both schools more than anything Haywood vs Oakhaven and Independence vs Trezevant on 8/26.

North Side's offense needs new creativity and be more productive in big games. Obion Central needs to improve as a whole. Crockett County needs to average 28-30 points, and shed off 10 points a game on defense. For Milan, I think everything has to go right for them to succeed.

1. Haywood

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

4. North Side

5. Obion Central

6. Crockett County.

I just have questions about Crockett that needs to be answered before I believe them.

Side note: Lausanne playing at Humboldt on September 23 and at South Gibson on October 20. Lausanne's Quarterback, Brock Glenn, is an Ohio State commit. Just want to throw that out

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I think we could very easily win 6 games and battle for 3rd in the district, we’ve got kids that was freshman and sophomores last year with experience under there belt now and a lot of these kids are buying into the coaches and it’s showing 

3 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

I think we could very easily win 6 games and battle for 3rd in the district, we’ve got kids that was freshman and sophomores last year with experience under there belt now and a lot of these kids are buying into the coaches and it’s showing 

It's great to hear Crockett has improved, and I hope the Cavaliers will have a very successful season.  Just curious!  What 6 games do you think the Cavaliers might win?

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

1. Haywood

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

4. North Side

5. Obion Central

6. Crockett County.

Side note: Lausanne playing at Humboldt on September 23 and at South Gibson on October 20. Lausanne's Quarterback, Brock Glenn, is an Ohio State commit. Just want to throw that out there.

Great post man. 

3 minutes ago, stacmot said:

This is probably old news, but I just saw it today and thought it was an interesting read.

https://www.stateoftennesseehsfb.com/west-tennessee/articles/state-of-tennessee-hsfb-class-4a-preseason-preview/

I’d say Milan at 5-5 is about right. Nothing to worry about there. Haywood and South Gibson definitely the top 2 

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’d say Milan at 5-5 is about right. Nothing to worry about there. Haywood and South Gibson definitely the top 2 

Don't be trying to jinx us BPM.  I'm going to have to pay a visit to Ima Roy. (the woman I told you about last year).

Preseason polls and predictions don't mean anything.  They're just fun to look at.  I think Milan is going to tap into that energy of the 90s and make some noise.

Just now, stacmot said:

Don't be trying to jinx us BPM.  I'm going to have to pay a visit to Ima Roy. (the woman I told you about last year).

Preseason polls and predictions don't mean anything.  They're just fun to look at.  I think Milan is going to tap into that energy of the 90s and make some noise.

I like the energy of the 2000’s and 2010’s as well. 5 trips to the title game in there. 

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

It's great to hear Crockett has improved, and I hope the Cavaliers will have a very successful season.  Just curious!  What 6 games do you think the Cavaliers might win?

dyer county was a close game last year until the 4th quarter so I think we could get that win, I believe Ripley,bolivar,obion county,Kirby,possibly north side or Lexington 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:48 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

North Side will head to Paris to play McCracken County in the Henry County Jamboree.

I'm just curious.  On the last jamboree schedule I saw, North Side was scheduled to play Paducah Tilghman.  Has that changed?

5:30pm West Carroll vs. Stewart Co.
6:30pm Northside vs. Paducah Tilghman
7:30pm Haywood vs. Henry Co.
8:30pm McKenzie vs. McCracken Co.
9:30pm Dresden vs. McCracken Co.

35 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I'm just curious.  On the last jamboree schedule I saw, North Side was scheduled to play Paducah Tilghman.  Has that changed?

5:30pm West Carroll vs. Stewart Co.
6:30pm Northside vs. Paducah Tilghman
7:30pm Haywood vs. Henry Co.
8:30pm McKenzie vs. McCracken Co.
9:30pm Dresden vs. McCracken Co.

You're correct. 

• Thanks 1