Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It’s certainly a lot to look at and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the possibility of a 5 way tie. Never seen that before. Most I’ve ever seen is a 3 way tie. But I am hopeful that Milan beats Obion and North Side. And that Haywood and South Gibson hold serve. (Assuming Haywood beats SGC and the Hornets win their remaining region game). That would make Haywood the 1 seed and Milan the 2. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks for your response.  A 5 way tie in a 6 team region sounds impossible to me!  I don't think it will happen.  I'm still not sure it could happen.

My hopes are the same as yours.  I would really like to see Haywood beat SGC and Milan beat OCC this week

Go Cats!   Go Dogs!

Edited by stacmot
  • Thanks 1

I saw these scenarios in the Milan Mirror-Exchange.

Region 7-4A

Haywood is the No. 1 seed.

If Haywood beats Obion County, South Gibson beats Crockett County and Milan beats North Side, Milan is No. 2, South Gibson is No. 3 and Obion County is No. 4.

If Haywood beats Obion County, Crockett County beats South Gibson and Milan beats North Side, Crockett County is No. 2, Milan is No. 3 and South Gibson is No. 4.

If Haywood beats Obion County, South Gibson beats Crockett County and North Side beats Milan, South Gibson is No. 2. There is a three-way tie for No. 3 between Crockett County, Milan and Obion County. The No. 2 tiebreaker is total number of wins, and with Week 11 included but not Week 10, Crockett County has six wins, Milan with five wins and Obion County four wins, so Week 10’s results would play a role.

If Haywood beats Obion County, Crockett County beats South Gibson and North Side beats Milan, Crockett County is No. 2, Milan is No. 3 and South Gibson is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, South Gibson beats Crockett County and Milan beats North Side, Milan is No. 2, South Gibson is No. 3 and Obion County is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, Crockett County beats South Gibson and Milan beats North Side, there is a three-way tie for second with Crockett County, Milan and Obion County. The No. 2 tiebreaker is total number of wins, and with Week 11 included but not Week 10, Crockett County has seven wins, Milan has six wins and Obion County has five wins, so Week 10’s results will play a role.

If Obion County beats Haywood, South Gibson beats Crockett County and North Side beats Milan, South Gibson is No. 2, Obion County is No. 3 and Crockett County is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, Crockett County beats South Gibson and North Side beats Milan, Obion County is No. 2, Crockett County is No. 3 and Milan is No. 4.

47 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I saw these scenarios in the Milan Mirror-Exchange.

Region 7-4A

Haywood is the No. 1 seed.

If Haywood beats Obion County, South Gibson beats Crockett County and Milan beats North Side, Milan is No. 2, South Gibson is No. 3 and Obion County is No. 4.

If Haywood beats Obion County, Crockett County beats South Gibson and Milan beats North Side, Crockett County is No. 2, Milan is No. 3 and South Gibson is No. 4.

If Haywood beats Obion County, South Gibson beats Crockett County and North Side beats Milan, South Gibson is No. 2. There is a three-way tie for No. 3 between Crockett County, Milan and Obion County. The No. 2 tiebreaker is total number of wins, and with Week 11 included but not Week 10, Crockett County has six wins, Milan with five wins and Obion County four wins, so Week 10’s results would play a role.

If Haywood beats Obion County, Crockett County beats South Gibson and North Side beats Milan, Crockett County is No. 2, Milan is No. 3 and South Gibson is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, South Gibson beats Crockett County and Milan beats North Side, Milan is No. 2, South Gibson is No. 3 and Obion County is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, Crockett County beats South Gibson and Milan beats North Side, there is a three-way tie for second with Crockett County, Milan and Obion County. The No. 2 tiebreaker is total number of wins, and with Week 11 included but not Week 10, Crockett County has seven wins, Milan has six wins and Obion County has five wins, so Week 10’s results will play a role.

If Obion County beats Haywood, South Gibson beats Crockett County and North Side beats Milan, South Gibson is No. 2, Obion County is No. 3 and Crockett County is No. 4.

If Obion County beats Haywood, Crockett County beats South Gibson and North Side beats Milan, Obion County is No. 2, Crockett County is No. 3 and Milan is No. 4.

Thank you for all of that, and I hope you copied and paste and not just typed all of that out. However, it's pretty simple to me. If Crockett County wins, then they're in. The unfortunate part for South Gibson is it appears they'll be on the road in the first round.

I don't see both the Rebels and the Indians winning this week. 

22 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Thank you for all of that, and I hope you copied and paste and not just typed all of that out. However, it's pretty simple to me. If Crockett County wins, then they're in. The unfortunate part for South Gibson is it appears they'll be on the road in the first round.

I don't see both the Rebels and the Indians winning this week. 

I did copy and paste...lol.  I predict the order of finish to be Haywood, Milan, South Gibson and Obion Central, but you never know what might happen.

23 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

So after seeing the new classification I’m assuming region 7-4a will remain the same except we will lose Milan a, nd gain Dyer County. Is that what y’all see happening?

I think you're right, and I think North Side will be moved to 6-4A, so 7-4A should be Crockett Co., Dyer Co., Haywood, Obion Co. and South Gibson.  6-4A should be North Side, South Side, Chester Co. Lexington, and Hardin Co.  All of these schools will have 6 non-region games to schedule. 

https://tssaa.org/school-classifications-by-sport-2023-2025

This might be of some interest as far as region scheduling is concerned.

Schools will have until Monday, October 24, 2022 to notify the state office of their wish to move up in any of the above classification plans.

Once the deadline passes, the state office staff, with input from Board members, will set districts and regions and post them to the TSSAA website when complete. District and region alignments will be published no later than one week prior to the Board of Control's November 17, 2022 meeting. Any schools that disagrees with their placement can have their appeal heard by the Board of Control at that time.

To be able to guarantee schools Friday-night region contests and better manage the current shortage of officials in many areas of the state, the state office will be setting the region football schedules for 2023 and 2024. The completed region schedules will be posted to the TSSAA website on November 21 at 1 PM central time (2 PM eastern). Region games will be scheduled from Week 3 through Week 11 with a small number of Week 1 and 2 games possible for the largest regions or in areas where there are fewer officiating crews available. Every school will play a Week 11 region game. Week 11 games for Classes 1A/3A/5A/DII-A/DII-AAA will be scheduled for Thursday in 2023 and Friday in 2024. Week 11 games for Classes 2A/4A/6A/DII-AA will be scheduled for Friday in 2023 and Thursday in 2024. Schools will be able to schedule non-region games once the region schedules are published on November 21.

Edited by stacmot