Region 7-4A 2022

stacmot

• 4 weeks later...

It’s about to get busy.  I haven’t seen or heard of any 7 on 7 match-ups, but I did notice an incomplete scrimmage schedule on https://www.tnfca.org/2022-scrimmages  Does anybody have any more information concerning 7 on 7’s or scrimmages involving 7-4A teams?

7/29

Milan @ Waverly
Ripley @ South Gibson

8/5

North Side @ Lewis Co.
Dyersburg @ Milan
South Gibson @ Chester Co
Crockett Co. @ Westview

8/12 (Jamborees)

Milan vs. Munford @ Dyersburg Jamboree
Peabody @ South Gibson
Haywood vs. Henry Co. @ Henry Co. Jamboree

Edited by stacmot

46 minutes ago, stacmot said:

It’s about to get busy.  I haven’t seen or heard of any 7 on 7 match-ups, but I did notice an incomplete scrimmage schedule on https://www.tnfca.org/2022-scrimmages  Does anybody have any more information concerning 7 on 7’s or scrimmages involving 7-4A teams?

7/29

Milan @ Waverly
Ripley @ South Gibson

8/5

North Side @ Lewis Co.
Dyersburg @ Milan
South Gibson @ Chester Co
Crockett Co. @ Westview

8/12 (Jamborees)

Milan vs. TBD @ Dyersburg (according to Milan’s schedule)  or Westview @ Milan (according to Westview’s schedule) ???
Peabody @ South Gibson
Haywood vs. Henry Co. @ Henry Co. Jamboree

I can confirm Milan is laying in the Dburg jamboree on 8/12. 

25 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks!  I've edited my post to reflect that.  I was thinking a Covington-Milan match-up would be interesting.

Yes indeed it would. I think the goal of the jamboree is to avoid matching up teams that will see each other later in the season. And Covington and Dburg both see Munford later in the year. 

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes indeed it would. I think the goal of the jamboree is to avoid matching up teams that will see each other later in the season. And Covington and Dburg both see Munford later in the year. 

I Know there shouldn't be any match-up of teams that  will meet in the regular season.  But at this point, I have no idea what teams are actually participating in the Jamboree.  The teams who participate do change every now and then.  Haywood used to play in the Jamboree at Dyersburg, but now they play at Henry County.  Is this the first time Milan has participated in the Dyersburg Jamboree?

1 minute ago, stacmot said:

I Know there shouldn't be any match-up of teams that  will meet in the regular season.  But at this point, I have no idea what teams are actually participating in the Jamboree.  The teams who participate do change every now and then.  Haywood used to play in the Jamboree at Dyersburg, but now they play at Henry County.  Is this the first time Milan has participated in the Dyersburg Jamboree?

No but it has been several years. I remember them playing around 2010 (give or take a few years). They played Dyer Co and lost in the last few seconds. DC acted like they had just won the super bowl. They ended up missing the playoffs that year and Milan went to the title game. 

On 7/10/2022 at 5:10 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No but it has been several years. I remember them playing around 2010 (give or take a few years). They played Dyer Co and lost in the last few seconds. DC acted like they had just won the super bowl. They ended up missing the playoffs that year and Milan went to the title game. 

I was there that night they definitely got excited about winning a jamboree game

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...