Halls Wrestling is Stealing their District

YoungBuck

1 hour ago, TalkingSense said:

This is the most absurd thing I have heard? What is your relationship to Clinton? Sounds like an upset parent because "little Johnny" didn't get his way. 

Sure.  You are right.  when things in today's world are inequitable, the best thing to do is to accept it and move on right? Its not okay to be upset because "little Johnny" is denied the chance to compete against a team that they should be allowed to in a situation where they should be in.  Forgive me for saying anything about Halls. I'd recommend you to speak to coach Sayne and see how much of this is true or not true

Edited by YoungBuck

2 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Clinton isn't beating Halls any time this decade. 

They both lost to Gibbs last night and the difference in losing scores were 4 points. Gibbs beat Clinton by 19 and they beat halls by 15.  Oh and CHS took two forfeit. Nevermind that Halls and Clinton have not and will not face each other as a team this season. I think real wrestling people know that it was close enough to find out the right way.  

2 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

They both lost to Gibbs last night and the difference in losing scores were 4 points. Gibbs beat Clinton by 19 and they beat halls by 15.  Oh and CHS took two forfeit. Nevermind that Halls and Clinton have not and will not face each other as a team this season. I think real wrestling people know that it was close enough to find out the right way.  

Real wrestling people.... lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Sure.  You are right.  when things in today's world are inequitable, the best thing to do is to accept it and move on right? Its not okay to be upset because "little Johnny" is denied the chance to compete against a team that they should be allowed to in a situation where they should be in.  Forgive me for saying anything about Halls. I'd admonish you to speak to coach Sayne and see how much of this is true or not true

Do you even know the word admonish means???

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

One quick question:  are any of the teams being discussed able to place in the top 4 of the state tournament or is this just idle talk due to people being bored?

Clinton and Fulton have no chance, CBG. Fulton barely has a team and Clinton isn't much better.

Gibbs and Halls on the other hand have a shot at Top 4, but it's Greeneville's to lose if they're healthy. 

Edited by JSamson7

5 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

The real word is that the match was hosted by Fulton who canceled and then sayne calls AC to find a neutral site for district but by that time both the Fulton and Clinton coaches told their teams it was canceled. Where ever you get your word ask them if Fulton wrestled too? Fulton canceled on districts, it was their host for this year 

If you’re supposed to wrestle and you’re trying to fight for a district title, you should treat the week and day as if you’re still wrestling and be ready. If one cancels then you find somewhere else to wrestle and don’t tell your team prematurely that they aren’t wrestling. The district has to be determined within a certain number week of season. Show up and stay ready to wrestle. Can’t do district after the allotted week for it. Sucks. 

16 minutes ago, Honeydewmelonnnnn said:

If you’re supposed to wrestle and you’re trying to fight for a district title, you should treat the week and day as if you’re still wrestling and be ready. If one cancels then you find somewhere else to wrestle and don’t tell your team prematurely that they aren’t wrestling. The district has to be determined within a certain number week of season. Show up and stay ready to wrestle. Can’t do district after the allotted week for it. Sucks. 

Districts have until the 28th of this month to be completed. Some districts like to schedule early to try and gain an advantage by having more time off in between teams and individual tournaments. TSSAA posts the competition dates online 

43 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Clinton and Fulton have no chance, CBG. Fulton barely has a team and Clinton isn't much better.

Gibbs and Halls on the other hand have a shot at Top 4, but it's Greeneville's to lose if they're healthy. 

I know the reception isn't great out in Harriman, but have you seen the Halls and Gibbs teams currently?  I think all can admit that they are down this year and not the teams of the past few years

3 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

I know the reception isn't great out in Harriman, but have you seen the Halls and Gibbs teams currently?  I think all can admit that they are down this year and not the teams of the past few years

A - I've seen them both and they're just fine. Even if they're down, Clinton shouldn't even be discussed as a team that's going to beat them any time before 2030.

B - Why in the world would I live in Harriman? 

Edited by JSamson7

8 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Districts have until the 28th of this month to be completed. Some districts like to schedule early to try and gain an advantage by having more time off in between teams and individual tournaments. TSSAA posts the competition dates online 

Regions have until the 28th to complete. District deadline has passed.

TSSAA policy:

In Division I Class A and Class AA, each district may determine which teams advance to the regional dual
meet tournament by any method the district selects. Each region shall determine a champion and runner up
by any method the region selects. If the region uses a dual meet tournament to select its champion and
runner-up, both districts must be represented. The format and seeding for the regional dual meet
tournament shall be determined by the method the region selects. District coaches shall select their
regional tournament site on a rotation basis. In odd-numbered years, the odd-numbered districts shall
select the regional site and in even-numbered years, the even-numbered districts shall select the regional
site. The regional dual meet champion and runner-up shall be determined by the Friday of NFHS Week 30

The above is stupid.  I don't know any of the coaches (or anyone in their programs) involved in any of this and I don't care to.  What I do know is that coaches shouldn't be deciding anything with respect to policy within competition because while most are good and fair, some are not.  Again I don't care about any of these coaches or who is respected or who isn't.  Don't care at all. Don't care if Gibbs, Halls, Clinton all fall off the face of the earth as far as wrestling goes.  Coaches should NOT be making policy about seeds, locations, who wrestles whom, or what constitutes fairness but unfortunately the TSSAA is incapable of instantiating a state wide policy so we get what we get.

TSSAA doesn't even offer training to our refs (I personally know a new ref right now in the state and there was zero, and I mean zero training and he an I converse fairly often).  We wrestle states in a f$$k1ng Ag. center on dirt floors covered by mats, jeebus batman.   But I'm going off topic.

Edited by oceansize42