Halls Wrestling is Stealing their District

YoungBuck

3 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

There is no official deadline for districts

District determines the region. Based on my encounters with Halls personnel I would guarantee the AD’s discussed. If you weren’t ready to show up and wrestle and let your guys slack in discipline to be ready with only 4-5 hours until a scheduled competition time then that’s on you. I’ve met Coach Sayne and I know he would have been ready to wrestle Thursday even if the meet was cancelled. You can show up to wrestle because of that then you were right to not get to wrestle for a “true second.” Prepare better. Instill some discipline and accountability to be ready day of no matter what. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Honeydewmelonnnnn said:

District determines the region. Based on my encounters with Halls personnel I would guarantee the AD’s discussed. If you weren’t ready to show up and wrestle and let your guys slack in discipline to be ready with only 4-5 hours until a scheduled competition time then that’s on you. I’ve met Coach Sayne and I know he would have been ready to wrestle Thursday even if the meet was cancelled. You can show up to wrestle because of that then you were right to not get to wrestle for a “true second.” Prepare better. Instill some discipline and accountability to be ready day of no matter what. 

Districts do not determine the region in our region obviously. Our district and region follow whatever Halls wants to do.  Keep following sheep 

Halls and Gibbs will most likely both finish top 10, not quite top 5 this year in single A.  Granted both programs would say they are down this year, when they are "up" they most certainly both would compete for a state title (Gibbs did win it just 3 or 4 years ago).  

Also- is anyone going to acknowledge the fact that the  winner of this  Clinton vs Halls match has to go wrestle Greeneville??? You're arguing for the chance to drive 2 hours during the week to go wrestle one of the best teams in the state this year regardless of classification?  Actually, considering this, I think I am now on your side youngbuck.  What can I do to help make this Greeneville vs Clinton dual happen? 

1 hour ago, oceansize42 said:

TSSAA policy:

The above is stupid.  I don't know any of the coaches (or anyone in their programs) involved in any of this and I don't care to.  What I do know is that coaches shouldn't be deciding anything with respect to policy within competition because while most are good and fair, some are not.  Again I don't care about any of these coaches or who is respected or who isn't.  Don't care at all. Don't care if Gibbs, Halls, Clinton all fall off the face of the earth as far as wrestling goes.  Coaches should NOT be making policy about seeds, locations, who wrestles whom, or what constitutes fairness but unfortunately the TSSAA is incapable of instantiating a state wide policy so we get what we get.

TSSAA doesn't even offer training to our refs (I personally know a new ref right now in the state and there was zero, and I mean zero training and he an I converse fairly often).  We wrestle states in a f$$k1ng Ag. center on dirt floors covered by mats, jeebus batman.   But I'm going off topic.

I have disagreed with almost every post you've had over the years..... But I agree with this completely. 

2 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Halls and Gibbs will most likely both finish top 10, not quite top 5 this year in single A.  Granted both programs would say they are down this year, when they are "up" they most certainly both would compete for a state title (Gibbs did win it just 3 or 4 years ago).  

Also- is anyone going to acknowledge the fact that the  winner of this  Clinton vs Halls match has to go wrestle Greeneville??? You're arguing for the chance to drive 2 hours during the week to go wrestle one of the best teams in the state this year regardless of classification?  Actually, considering this, I think I am now on your side youngbuck.  What can I do to help make this Greeneville vs Clinton dual happen? 

Greeneville is tough as nails… no doubt about it. As someone who is pretty knowledgeable about wrestling, I am more concerned with the defamation of a respected program and coach by claim that they are in the wrong. Not showing up or willing to wrestle district when supposed to is a forfeit in my opinion. Then going about it by essentially trash talking because the better team in the district isn’t wrestling after they already wrestled matches for region and Clinton left before a true second could be discussed in person is a bit much. Not arguing to get to wrestle Greeneville but to not have defamation based on emotion and inaccurate information. 

1 hour ago, sx1234 said:

I just think that kids should be given chances when they earn them and not to have opportunities taken away based off of technicalities and adult decisions. Shannon and Halls knew very well they could of agreed to the true second well in advance before last night, they had a ton of opportunity.  I am sure Clinton would of won or lost last night with a smile.  If anyone from Halls says that Clinton left early before their match, just ask anyone from Gibbs. Tim is very knowledgable about the whole situation as the Clinton coach wrestled for him in high school.  

Maybe this can serve as a lesson in the future within the sport.  I thought this was a sport that taught sportsmanship and what is right should always be done even if its not the most popular opinion.  Shouldn't be a sport where coaches can determine the outcome of matches and seeding through text. simple 

You don’t wrestle a match after a match as emotional as a region final dual between long-time rival schools. Sportsmanship extends to wrestling district when you’re supposed to and adapting- along with being ready, on weight, and being able to wrestle the same day and time just at a different school. AC is actually more convenient of a location for both Halls and Clinton. My own opinion though, of course