Cookeville Lady Cavs

UCSportsFan

Cookeville and Lebanon have already made reservations to the State. Horrible horrible sectional teams. Both will win by around 30. They are having a great year and it will get better when they face those region and sectional cupcakes. It's not their fault, they are a very good team but it sure helps having a walk in the park road paved to the Boro. In years past they had Bradley and Riverdale and Oakland and Blackman in the way, now they got the same road Lebanon has had the last few years and it is very easy. 

35 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I think it’s great to see the school finally competing at a very high-level. It will fun to see how far they can go. Cookeville may be the only school in the Upper Cumberland without a state championship so hopefully they can get one this year. 

Exactly, respect they after must hang a banner. Upper Cumberland is cutt throat .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I think it’s great to see the school finally competing at a very high-level. It will fun to see how far they can go. Cookeville may be the only school in the Upper Cumberland without a state championship so hopefully they can get one this year. 

They have only been to One or Two State Tournaments in their history? Neither School in Cumberland County has a Championship but Stone was in the Final Four when Covid canceled their season. Also Monterey and RBS and that’s it. Everyone else has one in either Boys or Girls. 

4 hours ago, 79champs said:

Cookeville and Lebanon have already made reservations to the State. Horrible horrible sectional teams. Both will win by around 30. They are having a great year and it will get better when they face those region and sectional cupcakes. It's not their fault, they are a very good team but it sure helps having a walk in the park road paved to the Boro. In years past they had Bradley and Riverdale and Oakland and Blackman in the way, now they got the same road Lebanon has had the last few years and it is very easy. 

I knew when our Jr class walked in that we would make a run over the next 2 years.  I wouldn’t say we have a walk in the park to get there but we definitely have an easier path than going through Bradley/Mufreesboro teams.  We have played a heck of a schedule so far this year to get ready for the post season.  We are 22-0 with wins over some very good teams.  2x Stewart’s creek, 2x York, Oakland, White county, 2x Knox Catholic,  2x Knox Webb,  CAK, couple teams that were top 10 in Florida,  and #2 team in OK.  We finally played a team with a losing record in January when we got into our district schedule. And unfortunately there are some bad teams in this district this year.  But I think we will be ready come tourney time.    

I think Bearden should be #1 and maybe Cookeville/Blackman #2 but if we get hot we can beat anyone.  I am just enjoying the moment.  This team is fun to watch.  

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Cookeville doesn’t  have a gold ball or even a win in the Glass House.  But will likely change over the next few years.  They have some amazing teams coming down the pipeline.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:02 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

I knew when our Jr class walked in that we would make a run over the next 2 years.  I wouldn’t say we have a walk in the park to get there but we definitely have an easier path than going through Bradley/Mufreesboro teams.  We have played a heck of a schedule so far this year to get ready for the post season.  We are 22-0 with wins over some very good teams.  2x Stewart’s creek, 2x York, Oakland, White county, 2x Knox Catholic,  2x Knox Webb,  CAK, couple teams that were top 10 in Florida,  and #2 team in OK.  We finally played a team with a losing record in January when we got into our district schedule. And unfortunately there are some bad teams in this district this year.  But I think we will be ready come tourney time.    

I think Bearden should be #1 and maybe Cookeville/Blackman #2 but if we get hot we can beat anyone.  I am just enjoying the moment.  This team is fun to watch.  

Cookeville doesn’t  have a gold ball or even a win in the Glass House.  But will likely change over the next few years.  They have some amazing teams coming down the pipeline.

If all the girls that are on the Prescott middle school team end up going to Cookeville high school they will be good for a long time.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, 79champs said:

Lebanon wont beat anyone in the region or sectional by 30...cookeville might. Lebanon is not near as good of a team as they were last year. They dont have a pg who can handle when the game means something that will be there down fall. Cookeville should def be talked about. They are solid watched them a few times over the last couple years. They are well coached and play together. Lebanon and cookeville MIGHT meet in the region championship game but it wont be by lebanon beating anyone by 30 to get there. But the sectional is no cake walk for anyone.