Cookeville Lady Cavs

UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, firstandgoal said:

The Lebanon Democrat is reporting that the region is being moved to Hendersonville due to the small size of Station Camp’s gym. 

The locations I posted were from the coaches meeting last summer.  I haven't heard anything otherwise but that does make sense.   However they should have known this when they planned this over the summer.  Its not like the gym has shrunk since that meeting.  But I guess it could be COVID related and they want more space.   IMO the location won't make a difference as Lebanon and Cookeville should be in the final.  And the only real homecourt advantage would mean anything is if it was moved to Beech.   Other than that its just a different court and Cookeville is still going to have the furthest to travel.    That changes next year when Cookeville is set to host both the District and Region tourney.

• 1 month later...

Lady Cavs move to 31-1 with win over a tough Ravenwood team tonight.  On to the glass house on Wednesday for a rematch vs Oakland.  Cookeville looking to get first win ever in the State Tournament.  But they have bigger plans for next week.   This team has what it takes to bring home the gold ball.  

25 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Lady Cavs move to 31-1 with win over a tough Ravenwood team tonight.  On to the glass house on Wednesday for a rematch vs Oakland.  Cookeville looking to get first win ever in the State Tournament.  But they have bigger plans for next week.   This team has what it takes to bring home the gold ball.  

Cookeville has been a very good team all year.  They are entering uncharted waters for this program. Let’s see if the coaches can get them to the next level. Anything short of the championship game would be considered a failure as good as this team is. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Cookeville has been a very good team all year.  They are entering uncharted waters for this program. Let’s see if the coaches can get them to the next level. Anything short of the championship game would be considered a failure as good as this team is. 

31-1!   They have been in uncharted waters all year.  There has never been a Cookeville team with a record like that.   I think they have like 9-10 wins over TN state tournament teams this year.  Their Christmas tourney wins in Florida consisted of wins over 2 teams of the final 8 (one lost in final 4)  in the largest classification in Florida and a win over a team in final 16 in the largest classification Oklahoma.   Regardless of how this season ends they have played one of the toughest schedules in the state of TN and have the best record on the state. They have been doing this all year!

There is nothing this team could do past tonight that would make this season a failure!  But they have a chip on their shoulder. And I do think they have a great shot at playing for a gold ball.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

11 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

31-1!   They have been in uncharted waters all year.  There has never been a Cookeville team with a record like that.   I think they have like 9-10 wins over TN state tournament teams this year.  Their Christmas tourney wins in Florida consisted of wins over 2 teams of the final 8 (one lost in final 4)  in the largest classification in Florida and a win over a team in final 16 in the largest classification Oklahoma.   Regardless of how this season ends they have played one of the toughest schedules in the state of TN and have the best record on the state. They have been doing this all year!

There is nothing this team could do past tonight that would make this season a failure!  But they have a chip on their shoulder. And I do think they have a great shot at playing for a gold ball.  

You are correct I guess I should’ve phrased that differently it would probably be considered a disappointment not a failure because this is a very very good team and I for one will be pulling for them and watching them so hopefully they can bring home the gold!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crow6424 said:

AAAA is a different monster. There is always that one team that is just crazy good. It was a great season though. I wanted two Putnam county teams in the championship 

Winning a title in girls basketball in this state is incredibly hard for anybody in any class. There are alot of great coaches that don't win one

• Like 1