Division A Post Season

Biffmar4

23 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

I think PF wrestles Hixson tonight for state berth. And I think Greeneville and Halls wrestle for the same tonight or tomorrow. 

Greeneville beat Halls 42-36.  I know they were missing Hunter Mason, but that was still much closer than anticipated. 

Just now, JSamson7 said:

Halls is going to be a team to watch the next few years. Their best is yet to come...

I have heard the same from several people.  From what I understand they lost 10 seniors last year, have zero seniors this year, and 2 to 4 guys that are in their lineup this year will most likely will lose those spots to 8th graders coming up. 

I don't believe anyone is on the level of getting any type of national attention, or even any clear front runners to be individual state champions, but just a very solid team from top to bottom in the next two to three years that will be a tough dual for anyone. 

50 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Greeneville beat Halls 42-36.  I know they were missing Hunter Mason, but that was still much closer than anticipated. 

All 4 of Greeneville’s Nationally ranked wrestlers wrestled. Mason pinned in under a minute. GHS 195 was winning 13-4 when he got stuck. A good swing in the score. 
go online……. grsports.com Tate Russell for a great article. Russell maybe one of the best wrestling sport writers in the state.

Edited by noonesfool

Just now, noonesfool said:

All 4 of Greeneville’s Nationally ranked wrestlers wrestled. Mason pinned under a minute. I believed GHS FF  113 and their 195 was winning 13-4 when he got stuck. A good swing in the score. 
go online……. grsports.com Tate Russell for a great article. Russell maybe one of the best wrestling sport writers in the state.

My mistake, someone told he was going to miss before hand so I just assumed.  I watched the Facebook stream online but without audio so missed some names, and had never seen those kids before so just assumed Greeneville made some bumps to get their points.  And I agree that the 195 match was a big swing, but also their was a match in the lighter weights (somewhere around 120) that could have gone either way.  Most of the other matches I think would give you the same results 9 out of 10 times, so don't think Halls would pull off the W without something crazy happening, just was much closer than I anticipated. 

• Upvote 1