Division A Post Season

Biffmar4

10 minutes ago, Pftigers said:

The demise of Pigeon Forge wrestling has been greatly exaggerated    

Looking at their roster and matches on track they appear to have a 106, 113, and 120.  They don't appear to have a 126. I'm assuming some kids must have been under the weather?  Struck me as really odd when I saw the amount of FFs.  What happened to Dyer? He hasn't wrestled all year.  Cable hasn't wrestled since December so I'm guessing an injury.

Edited by oceansize42

I think the current landscape is: 

Region 1-2 Completed: Greeneville (in), Gibbs (in)

Region 3-4 in Progress: Pigeon Forge vs Hixon,    Signal Mountain (in) 

Region 5-6 in Progress: Greene Hill vs Tullahoma (was today, but nobody posted scores),   Page (in)

Region 7-8 in Progress: Fairview, Sycamore, Millington ?

Edited by oceansize42

22 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Hey where is Cowcatcher this year? Missing his predictions!

Mitch24,

I'm not positive how they will seed the duals this year under the new format, but I see Greeneville as the clear favorite. Signal Mtn. likely has the best chance to knock them off from all of the other teams in the field for both duals and traditionals, but we can't count Foreman's boys out either. If PF has everyone healthy, they could give Signal Mtn. a run for their money. I like both SM and PF as my 2 and 3 teams with defending champ Fairview just slightly behind. One of those 3 will make the finals to wrestle G'ville. Someone outside of those making the finals would be a big surprise. A LOT would need to go wrong for G'ville not to win though. So I have my state dual finals between the star-studded Devils and Uhorchuk Mountain playing out something like this...

106 -- Jojo Uhorchuk dec. Carson Dupill (3-0 SM), MATCH OF THE YEAR IN ANY DIVISION!!! I plan to make the drive just to watch this match. Could go either way, but Jojo steals a close one due to his advantage on the mat.

113 --  E. Uhorchuk pins R. Johnson (9-0 SM)

120 -- C. Uhorchuk maj. dec. L. Dabney (13-0 SM), State finals rematch, could be interesting if Dabney can get that opening TD

126 -- N. Shriner pins C. Johnson (19-0 SM)

132 -- Owens dec. E. Dabney (22-0 SM)

138 -- Bryant dec. Jennings (25-0 SM), honestly don't know much about these two, just making the pick based off results this year

145 -- Mason pins Davis (25-6 SM)

152 -- Colin Dupill pins Jenkins (25-12 SM)

160 -- Murray pins Eden Shriner (25-18 SM)

170 -- Kodiak pins Qualls (25-24 SM)

182 -- Lowery pins Williams (30-25 G'ville)

195 -- Cornelius pins Clifford (36-25 G'ville)

220 -- Chrisman pins Winchester (42-25 G'ville)

285 -- Odom pins Chapman (42-31 G'ville)

SM is extremely talented in the lower weights but looks pretty weak from about 160 up outside of their 285. I'm confidently taking the Devils v. the field next week in Franklin. What are other's predictions? 

10 minutes ago, cowcatcher said:

Mitch24,

I'm not positive how they will seed the duals this year under the new format, but I see Greeneville as the clear favorite. Signal Mtn. likely has the best chance to knock them off from all of the other teams in the field for both duals and traditionals, but we can't count Foreman's boys out either. If PF has everyone healthy, they could give Signal Mtn. a run for their money. I like both SM and PF as my 2 and 3 teams with defending champ Fairview just slightly behind. One of those 3 will make the finals to wrestle G'ville. Someone outside of those making the finals would be a big surprise. A LOT would need to go wrong for G'ville not to win though. So I have my state dual finals between the star-studded Devils and Uhorchuk Mountain playing out something like this...

106 -- Jojo Uhorchuk dec. Carson Dupill (3-0 SM), MATCH OF THE YEAR IN ANY DIVISION!!! I plan to make the drive just to watch this match. Could go either way, but Jojo steals a close one due to his advantage on the mat.

113 --  E. Uhorchuk pins R. Johnson (9-0 SM)

120 -- C. Uhorchuk maj. dec. L. Dabney (13-0 SM), State finals rematch, could be interesting if Dabney can get that opening TD

126 -- N. Shriner pins C. Johnson (19-0 SM)

132 -- Owens dec. E. Dabney (22-0 SM)

138 -- Bryant dec. Jennings (25-0 SM), honestly don't know much about these two, just making the pick based off results this year

145 -- Mason pins Davis (25-6 SM)

152 -- Colin Dupill pins Jenkins (25-12 SM)

160 -- Murray pins Eden Shriner (25-18 SM)

170 -- Kodiak pins Qualls (25-24 SM)

182 -- Lowery pins Williams (30-25 G'ville)

195 -- Cornelius pins Clifford (36-25 G'ville)

220 -- Chrisman pins Winchester (42-25 G'ville)

285 -- Odom pins Chapman (42-31 G'ville)

SM is extremely talented in the lower weights but looks pretty weak from about 160 up outside of their 285. I'm confidently taking the Devils v. the field next week in Franklin. What are other's predictions? 

Can't see JoJo beating Carson Dupill.  Carson is currently 18th on Flo and is coming off monster big time national tournament wins (he just beat the number 11).  Carson majors or TF.

Edited by oceansize42

18 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Can't see JoJo beating Carson Dupill.  Carson is currently 18th on Flo and is coming off monster big time national tournament wins (he just beat the number 11).  Carson majors or TF.

I usually agree with most all of your posts, but no way, oceansize! Carson is elite and Jojo is elite. This will be a close match. True toss up.

• Like 1