Division A Post Season

Biffmar4

1 hour ago, greendoor said:

106 from Signal Mountain needs to look at some national rankings and understand that he has no business winning. The rankings are all that matter.

Me and the boy drove up from God’s country to watch these matches. It was great to see a class act program take down two programs who think their crap don’t stink. The way some of those boys acted on PF and Greeneville showed their daddy’s never went out back and snatch a limb from a tree and took it to their hind parts. 

I told my boy if a coach ever tells him not to shake hands with another team, he needs to give his coach the ole Stone Cold salute and shake the other teams hand. Looking at you PF.

Signal was impressive all day. Dominating from start to finish. Maybe Greeneville will need to dump some more money into their hired mercenaries.

17 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Good call cowcatcher.  Urohchuk took it 4-2. 

Thanks oceansize. What a great match. I'm excited to see these two go at it again in a few weeks. Who do you like in the rematch? While I was right on the Jojo v. Carson match, I and many others could not have been more wrong on Signal Mountain. After watching the dual, I don't think it's any knock on G'ville, SM is just that good. I did not expect their guys not named Uhorchuk to be that good. To lose the senior studs SM had last year, this was one of the best coaching jobs I've seen in a while from a program. 

One side note, PF was definitely underrated based off their early season struggles this year. They likely would have won yesterday if Garrett Foreman was healthy. 

Does anyone know how many guys SM, G'ville, and PF lose to graduation after this year? Page and Gibbs seem to be teams to keep an eye on next year. I was very impressed by some of their guys. 

• Like 1

Such a quality match at 106 with Joseph and Carson.  If they meet at individuals Joseph has established himself as the clear, but close, favorite with 2 wins to 0 over Carson.  

Greeneville loses Kodiak, Leandre, Malik, and Cornelius.   Obviously Kodiak is irreplaceable.  

Signal loses Shriner and Williams.

PF loses Parton, Gray, and Gentry (and Foreman but but for all practical purposes he was already gone).

Anyone know how/why Garret Foreman suddenly appeared as eligible on Track when he wasn't eligible for the entire season (including last week)?  That was weird. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SquatchU said:

Me and the boy drove up from God’s country to watch these matches. It was great to see a class act program take down two programs who think their crap don’t stink. The way some of those boys acted on PF and Greeneville showed their daddy’s never went out back and snatch a limb from a tree and took it to their hind parts. 

I told my boy if a coach ever tells him not to shake hands with another team, he needs to give his coach the ole Stone Cold salute and shake the other teams hand. Looking at you PF.

Signal was impressive all day. Dominating from start to finish. Maybe Greeneville will need to dump some more money into their hired mercenaries.

Look away. The coach from Fairview was cussing and being belligerent towards our kids. Even pushed one of our boys before the match. Pf was trying to keep it from getting out of hand.  You shouldn’t talk about what you don’t know. 

26 minutes ago, Pftigers said:

Look away. The coach from Fairview was cussing and being belligerent towards our kids. Even pushed one of our boys before the match. Pf was trying to keep it from getting out of hand.  You shouldn’t talk about what you don’t know. 

You seem to be in the know about PF.  Is GF eligible? Noticed he showed as eligible on track within the last few days after not being eligible for the entire season and yet he didn't wrestle at state duals. 

8 hours ago, SquatchU said:

8 hours ago, SquatchU said:

First of all you are correct in that Signal Mountain was a first Class team who did a great job of beating us “Greeneville”  in the finals. Congrats to them and I am super happy for their success. 

Second Greeneville does not have any hired mercenaries. We have some kids that train year around and and live for the sport of wrestling. They put in the work that most of the country isn’t willing to do, so that statement is a little offensive if I am being honest. Bring your son and have them train the way they do for a month and you would probably not be so judgmental. 

Third, to take up for PF. TSSAA has really tried to push for kids not to shake hands between matches. Some coaches allow them to and some do not.  If the opposing coach was being rude to our kids I wouldn’t let them shake hands either. Now I don’t know if that was the case just taking the word of another’s post on here. 

lastly, you stated that if a coach told your son not to shake the others kids hand you would have your son to give him “the old stone cold salute”as you say.  So you think it’s disrespectful to not shake a coaches hand but perfectly fine to be disrespectful to his coach. Makes sense to me.  

Congrats to Signal Mountain boys! You all achieved what you were striving for all year! Wrestling is the toughest sport in the world and you only truly know that unless you have experienced it and it was great to see them do it with class. I don’t say this because I am a Signal Mountain fan. I actually live in Fairview. I would just like to point out that some of the wrestlers from PF did flip the finger to Foreman and came up to our boys after and shook their hands and said “hey we are not all like that and great match!” Good for you boys and the parents that raised you!!!  For those of you that don’t know it was a heated match before it started because of last years infamous slam.  Oh and by the way the young man that got slammed last year that became a state place winner can no longer wrestle because he’s had to many concussions after he got slammed by a Greenville kid at individual states when he was winning and Atlas the TN phenom (lol) stood there in his sweatpants while he was getting pulled off on a stretcher and said he was faking it. Hey Atlas how about you gain some weight and I’ll lose some weight and we can wrestle at the Independence tournament on the grid iron. Would love to embarrass you like that freshman did your senior year.  Congrats to Greenville on a great season also. You are all great wrestlers and push us to raise the bar. 

PF still had another kid slam someone this year in the consolation final match at 182. It is apparent that they still haven’t learned their lesson. It is also apparent that TSSAA needs to set some guidelines about warmups. There were no PF kids on the mat before the match so our boys went to warm up and some of the PF boys wandered out there obviously just to be disrespectful and get in their way. The PF boys weren’t even trying to warm up just standing there.  It was quite obvious they were doing it to be knucklehead kids ( which happens with all of our kids) This should have been stopped by Coach Foreman and it is a good thing one of the FV coaches stepped in or it was gonna get ugly real quick. One of the PF supposed senior leaders was not very receptive when asked to leave the mat. When he refused I was reminded of his daddy coming to his rescue during the state finals last year.  Congratulations to Signal mountain on a heck of a tournament and great coaching strategy! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Congrats to Signal Mountain boys! You all achieved what you were striving for all year! Wrestling is the toughest sport in the world and you only truly know that unless you have experienced it and it was great to see them do it with class. I don’t say this because I am a Signal Mountain fan. I actually live in Fairview. I would just like to point out that some of the wrestlers from PF did flip the finger to Foreman and came up to our boys after and shook their hands and said “hey we are not all like that and great match!” Good for you boys and the parents that raised you!!!  For those of you that don’t know it was a heated match before it started because of last years infamous slam.  Oh and by the way the young man that got slammed last year that became a state place winner can no longer wrestle because he’s had to many concussions after he got slammed by a Greenville kid at individual states when he was winning and Atlas the TN phenom (lol) stood there in his sweatpants while he was getting pulled off on a stretcher and said he was faking it. Hey Atlas how about you gain some weight and I’ll lose some weight and we can wrestle at the Independence tournament on the grid iron. Would love to embarrass you like that freshman did your senior year.  Congrats to Greenville on a great season also. You are all great wrestlers and push us to raise the bar. 

PF still had another kid slam someone this year in the consolation final match at 182. It is apparent that they still haven’t learned their lesson. It is also apparent that TSSAA needs to set some guidelines about warmups. There were no PF kids on the mat before the match so our boys went to warm up and some of the PF boys wandered out there obviously just to be disrespectful and get in their way. The PF boys weren’t even trying to warm up just standing there.  It was quite obvious they were doing it to be knucklehead kids ( which happens with all of our kids) This should have been stopped by Coach Foreman and it is a good thing one of the FV coaches stepped in or it was gonna get ugly real quick. One of the PF supposed senior leaders was not very receptive when asked to leave the mat. When he refused I was reminded of his daddy coming to his rescue during the state finals last year.  Congratulations to Signal mountain on a heck of a tournament and great coaching strategy! 

Thank you!