Brentwood vs. MBA

dom730

I encourage everyone in the Nashville area to read the article in this morning's Nashville City Paper on this match if you want to read really good coverage of a wrestling match. I really like the way that the City Paper and the Bonvissuto guy cover matches. The coverage in this morning's paper was similar to what they did for last week's FRA-Ryan match. In addition to the individual scores, there is a picture from the match and the reporter highlights one match in detail-----last week in was Wipperman/Greenwood, today it was Simpson/Holliman------even down to discussing moves that were made during the match. I suspect Bonvissuto must have some wrestling background. I hope the City Paper keeps up this manner of coverage. It makes for a really good read if you are a wrestling fan or a kid who is wrestling. Needless to say I could find nothing in the Tennessean about the match, not even the line score. Kudos to the City Paper for a job well done.

The featured match in the article was William Simpson's 5-4 victory at 125 over freshman Kellen Holliman. I watched Holliman wrestle in the HVAC middle school league last year and in the off season FCI program. He dominated his weight in the HVAC. This is a kid everyone should keep their eye on------a real potential star in Coach Blair's stable.