Karly Weathers

Americal198

4 hours ago, gogold said:

Your comments seems to question Loretto's ability on the court or your reasoning why we won by X number points.  If we played Tullahoma 10 times we probably would beat them 10 times.  I think they are a solid team and we just came off a thumping of  Lawrence County +38,  Oakland +37, Lakeway Christian + 29, and what I think may be the best in 3 A Jackson Southside +11 with our +17 over Tullahoma, all those games played  in a row.  I'm not sure what Loretto has to do to impress your line of reasoning.

nothing, good luck rest of the way hope regular season translates to postseason for your girls 

16 hours ago, gogold said:

Your comments seems to question Loretto's ability on the court or your reasoning why we won by X number points.  If we played Tullahoma 10 times we probably would beat them 10 times.  I think they are a solid team and we just came off a thumping of  Lawrence County +38,  Oakland +37, Lakeway Christian + 29, and what I think may be the best in 3 A Jackson Southside +11 with our +17 over Tullahoma, all those games played  in a row.  I'm not sure what Loretto has to do to impress your line of reasoning.

Loretto is a good team and Karly Weathers is a great player. I have seen the top 4 in their region and right now 1 and 2 is them and Martin Westview. I watched some of a live feed from the game when they played South Side and that was a pretty good game, could have went either way. Seemed like South Side had a slow start and then I have heard that calls were questionable toward the end. Nevertheless, Loretto is good.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:40 AM, ReitzFan said:

Part of the reason for the downfall of the Liberty girls basketball team is the Jackson Madison County School System. With their insistence on reopening JCM, an already a thin pool of talent in Jackson got even thinner. You can also blame the head coach and the administration at Liberty for not scouring the halls to find some players or raiding some other sports such as volleyball, soccer or softball in a hunt for girls willing to play some hoops. There is simply no excuse for a school the size of Liberty to not be able to field sports teams.

Jackson North Side girls have been in a dire situation for the last several years and participation had sunk to the point where they almost could not field a team. Their coach scoured the halls to find girls who were willing to learn to play basketball. They now have over 10 varsity players and earlier this year stopped a 73-game losing streak. What has happened to the Lady Indians is nothing short of miraculous. Coach Northcut most certainly deserves Coach of the Year consideration. His process is a blueprint for what should happen with the Liberty girls basketball program.

I am a Jackson native and have a couple of buddies that work at Liberty. They only have about 400 kids now but even before that girls basketball had took a decline. Now they barely have enough girls for any sport. It's very disturbing to see them go from a powerhouse to the bottom in all sports.

51 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I am a Jackson native and have a couple of buddies that work at Liberty. They only have about 400 kids now but even before that girls basketball had took a decline. Now they barely have enough girls for any sport. It's very disturbing to see them go from a powerhouse to the bottom in all sports.

South Gibson and South Side are probably scrimmaging boys to stay in shape with three teams in District. And some say on here they want five classes. Guess it’s OK as long as more money is coming in at state. They probably don’t care if there are 1-2 team Districts. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Wait, you're telling me Liberty close to 400 students? They were in the 800/900 area. Where did they all go? I know some went to JCM, but JCM doesn't have close to 400 students. They may only have 200ish..

On 2/5/2022 at 11:40 AM, ReitzFan said:

Part of the reason for the downfall of the Liberty girls basketball team is the Jackson Madison County School System. With their insistence on reopening JCM, an already a thin pool of talent in Jackson got even thinner. You can also blame the head coach and the administration at Liberty for not scouring the halls to find some players or raiding some other sports such as volleyball, soccer or softball in a hunt for girls willing to play some hoops. There is simply no excuse for a school the size of Liberty to not be able to field sports teams.

Jackson North Side girls have been in a dire situation for the last several years and participation had sunk to the point where they almost could not field a team. Their coach scoured the halls to find girls who were willing to learn to play basketball. They now have over 10 varsity players and earlier this year stopped a 73-game losing streak. What has happened to the Lady Indians is nothing short of miraculous. Coach Northcut most certainly deserves Coach of the Year consideration. His process is a blueprint for what should happen with the Liberty girls basketball program.

Why did he leave TCA?

• 7 months later...