Waverly 2022

Anonymoustiger

2 hours ago, Anonymoustiger said:

After a season unlike any other here in waverly, and one of if not the most OVERALL talented class of seniors graduating, what’s next for Boldin and the tigers?

Stanfield 

Dooley

Elliott

Griffin

Flores

Calloway

Fortner

I Know That I Am Missing Names

Waverly has some good pieces returning next season.  They will be the preseason favorite to win Region 6-3A and make another playoff push.  Will it be enough to get past East Nashville and Smith County come November is the big question.  That’s if Waverly is competing at the 3A level.

After the tragic circumstances that hit Waverly last August I have wondered how it impacted their school enrollment numbers.  They were already on the borderline as it related to the 2A/3A cut off number.  If their school’s enrollment was impacted by a certain percentage does that mean that Waverly could petition the TSSAA to drop in classification for the 2022 season?  

Either way I would have to imagine that 2022 would be Waverly’s final year in 3A and that they would move back down in classification the following year (along with Cheatham County).  

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Stanfield 

Dooley

Elliott

Griffin

Flores

Calloway

Fortner

I Know That I Am Missing Names

Waverly has some good pieces returning next season.  They will be the preseason favorite to win Region 6-3A and make another playoff push.  Will it be enough to get past East Nashville and Smith County come November is the big question.  That’s if Waverly is competing at the 3A level.

After the tragic circumstances that hit Waverly last August I have wondered how it impacted their school enrollment numbers.  They were already on the borderline as it related to the 2A/3A cut off number.  If their school’s enrollment was impacted by a certain percentage does that mean that Waverly could petition the TSSAA to drop in classification for the 2022 season?  

Either way I would have to imagine that 2022 would be Waverly’s final year in 3A and that they would move back down in classification the following year (along with Cheatham County).  

Honestly I wouldn't bet on moving down. Camden sat on the edge of 3a for 15 years. Every reclassification brought disappointment knowing that we were the smallest 3a school in the state  and had a much better chance in 2a.  Good luck . Remember even if your enrollment goes down that doesn't mean others have not gone down or even loosing teams at the top from growth puts you back up as well.

I work in Waverly so I feel the flood  5 days a week. I was neck deep in that water for hours. Hard to root against ya'll now days.

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Honestly I wouldn't bet on moving down. Camden sat on the edge of 3a for 15 years. Every reclassification brought disappointment knowing that we were the smallest 3a school in the state  and had a much better chance in 2a.  Good luck . Remember even if your enrollment goes down that doesn't mean others have not gone down or even loosing teams at the top from growth puts you back up as well.

I work in Waverly so I feel the flood  5 days a week. I was neck deep in that water for hours. Hard to root against ya'll now days.

Glad to see you turn that page Beagle :thumb:

I think we will finish second in the region and make it to the 2nd round. I know one thing them boys will play their butt off. I think Elliot will have a really good season this year. Griffin will have a decent year but will have some growing pains stepping into that starting QB position. All those kids mentioned by Howdy are ballers for sure. Can’t wait to see what the Tigers are able to bring to the table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Glad to see you turn that page Beagle :thumb:

I think we will finish second in the region and make it to the 2nd round. I know one thing them boys will play their butt off. I think Elliot will have a really good season this year. Griffin will have a decent year but will have some growing pains stepping into that starting QB position. All those kids mentioned by Howdy are ballers for sure. Can’t wait to see what the Tigers are able to bring to the table. 

Agree, Elliot had a great season last year, stanfield had an awesome season last year and he was just a sophomore. If I’m not mistaken, he finished the season with the second most touchdown receptions behind Brooks, I also wonder which players are gonna step in the gaps on the defensive side, there’s some big shoes to fill on that side

12 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

Rumor has it that there might be a couple transfers coming. One from McEwen and one from Dickson. We shall see.

There’s been rumor of the McEwen transfer ever since even last year. I’m curious to see if that QB for Dickson is one you’re talking abt it. I’ve seen him play and I believe I would rather have Griffin running the offense

• Like 1

I think Sycamore has a legitimate chance to win the region this year. 

Waverly’s qb is not very good. He fumbled 75% of his snaps last season. Fairview will over work their RB. White house has to replace everyone. Heritage has the worst HC in the region. Cheatham co just lost their best player for the season possibly. He was hurt during wrestling season. 

3 hours ago, TripleO said:

I think Sycamore has a legitimate chance to win the region this year. 

Waverly’s qb is not very good. He fumbled 75% of his snaps last season. Fairview will over work their RB. White house has to replace everyone. Heritage has the worst HC in the region. Cheatham co just lost their best player for the season possibly. He was hurt during wrestling season. 

Well that is optimistic of you.  I don't see that happening though.  Waverly has a lot coming back and I am betting Boldin has a few tricks up his sleeve.  

On 2/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, MannBlue said:

Waverly has a lot coming back and I am betting Boldin has a few tricks up his sleeve.  

Landon and Jacob Dooley from Dickson Co.

Ethan McCann from Lewis County.

This thread has already mentioned transfers from McEwen and Dickson County.

If you build it they will come and Waverly has profited from the transfer portal as much as anyone in recent years.  This is a big part of high school and college football nowadays.  Everyone piles on a school like Alcoa and Oakland when it happens but it happens at places like Waverly too.  

On 2/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, howdoitknow said:

Landon and Jacob Dooley from Dickson Co.

Ethan McCann from Lewis County.

This thread has already mentioned transfers from McEwen and Dickson County.

If you build it they will come and Waverly has profited from the transfer portal as much as anyone in recent years.  This is a big part of high school and college football nowadays.  Everyone piles on a school like Alcoa and Oakland when it happens but it happens at places like Waverly too.  

I’m pretty sure McCann came to Waverly expecting to run the ball. I don’t think he was recruited at all. 

As for the Dooleys, i don’t care how or why they came! I’m just happy they did!