Freshman State Title Chances

RaisingAbeast22

Which Freshman have the best chances to claim a State title? 

AA

106 - Walker (Cleveland)

126 - Leach (Summit)

132 - Sturgill (Heritage)

145 - Norman (DB)

152 - Fowler (Cleveland)

160 - Szymborski (Cleveland)

D2

106 - Bond (Baylor)

113 - Gobbell (Father Ryan)

120 - Helton (Lakeway)

126 - Roark (Father Ryan)

132 - Askew (Baylor) / Deane (Father Ryan)

138 - Rutherford (Father Ryan)

170 - Demorest (BGA)

106 - Uhorchuk (Signal) / Dupill (Green)

113 - Uhorchuk (Signal)

145 - Howard (PF)

10 hours ago, RaisingAbeast22 said:

AA

106 - Walker (Cleveland)

126 - Leach (Summit)

145 - Norman (DB)

152 - Fowler (Cleveland)

106- Walker has a good shot. There are a couple other freshman 106s with a good shot too. 

126- He may finish on the podium, but the top 3 here are two steps above the rest of the field. Its a shame one of them wont even qualify for the tournament. 

132- Sturgill has a shot. But Desselle has proven himself to be the clear number 1. He'll have his hands full. 

145- Its a two horse race here. 

152- Fowler took a few losses at the beginning of the season that he's come back to close the gap on now. Fisak is still going to be a tall task though. 

160- I'm gonna take heat for this one. Lucas hasn't wrestled any of the kids ranked above him. I feel like he has a legitimate shot at a title. 

36 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

106- Walker has a good shot. There are a couple other freshman 106s with a good shot too. 

126- He may finish on the podium, but the top 3 here are two steps above the rest of the field. Its a shame one of them wont even qualify for the tournament. 

132- Sturgill has a shot. But Desselle has proven himself to be the clear number 1. He'll have his hands full. 

145- Its a two horse race here. 

152- Fowler took a few losses at the beginning of the season that he's come back to close the gap on now. Fisak is still going to be a tall task though. 

160- I'm gonna take heat for this one. Lucas hasn't wrestled any of the kids ranked above him. I feel like he has a legitimate shot at a title. 

Sturgill and Walker are the 2 that have the best shot. 

14 hours ago, RaisingAbeast22 said:

AA

106 - Walker (Cleveland)

126 - Leach (Summit)

145 - Norman (DB)

152 - Fowler (Cleveland)

D2

106 - Bond (Baylor)

113 - Gobbell (Father Ryan)

120 - Helton (Lakeway)

126 - Roark (Father Ryan)

132 - Askew (Baylor) / Deane (Father Ryan)

138 - Rutherford (Father Ryan)

170 - Demorest (BGA)

106 - Uhorchuk (Signal) / Dupill (Green)

113 - Uhorchuk (Signal)

145 - Howard (PF)

Unless some 113 guys drop to 106 I would say Walker may be a lock. The 2nd best 106 may be on his own team.

5 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I respectfully disagree. 

We'll see in a few weeks. 

No worries.  It’s just my opinion.  That’s why they wrestle the matches. So who do you think challenges?  The WC kid?  I think Walker has wrestled and beaten most of the other top kids pretty handily but I haven’t followed it that closely.

9 hours ago, PackMentality said:

Unless some 113 guys drop to 106 I would say Walker may be a lock. The 2nd best 106 may be on his own team.

I'm with you Pack. I think it'll take a 113 that's came down for Walker not to win. Also agree that #2 could very well be his own teammate. If ZB ain't 2, he's not too far down the list.

6 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

I'm with you Pack. I think it'll take a 113 that's came down for Walker not to win. Also agree that #2 could very well be his own teammate. If ZB ain't 2, he's not too far down the list.

The only kid that I think can challenge Walker from Cleveland is Ford from Independence. He started out the year at 126 I believe and I think he certified for 108. He will be a very big 108. The WC kid is athletic but really hasn’t wrestled anyone.

2 hours ago, JIII said:

The only kid that I think can challenge Walker from Cleveland is Ford from Independence. He started out the year at 126 I believe and I think he certified for 108. He will be a very big 108. The WC kid is athletic but really hasn’t wrestled anyone.

Wait, so because you think he "hasn't wrestled anyone" that somehow disqualifies him? It baffles me that so many times people are quick to say, well A is better than B because B hasn't wrestled anybody. So?

Hicks has one loss this year. That was to Mater Dei in the GP West finals. I'm not saying that he's better than Walker. I'm saying its absolutely absurd to write him off bc "he really hasn't wrestled anyone".

Edited by Ummmno

7 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Wait, so because you think he "hasn't wrestled anyone" that somehow disqualifies him? It baffles me that so many times people are quick to say, well A is better than B because B hasn't wrestled anybody. So?

Hicks has one loss this year. That was to Mater Dei in the GP West finals. I'm not saying that he's better than Walker. I'm saying its absolutely absurd to write him off bc "he really hasn't wrestled anyone".

Yes that’s exactly what I am saying. He lost to ZB 9-2 last year at club state duals. You can’t wrestle all season and not go and test yourself and think that somehow you just find a way to turn it on in a big match. It just simply doesn’t work that way.

2 minutes ago, JIII said:

Yes that’s exactly what I am saying. He lost to ZB 9-2 last year at club state duals. You can’t wrestle all season and not go and test yourself and think that somehow you just find a way to turn it on in a big match. It just simply doesn’t work that way.

That's a weak argument. It just simply does work that way.

What you're saying is its absolutely impossible for him to have gone and trained in the off season and gotten better because he doesn't have Cleveland's strength of schedule.