Freshman State Title Chances

RaisingAbeast22

23 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I should be more clear.  The initial investments, matching dollar for dollar by his foundation, funding the kids clubs, constructing the Jones center for wrestling, and purchasing a bus for the kids club cannot be replicated by anyone (?) in the state.  What can be replicated is their attention to detail and work.  But all of those investments matter and again, as stated by Bosken himself, were critical to Cleveland's transformation. I'm sure you and others are telling the truth in that perhaps Jones' involvement is minimal these days.  Full, absolutely full credit to Cleveland for utilizing what they were given to it's potential.

I would liken this to Kemmerer's arrival in NE TN.  Joe's arrival (to my knowledge) was brought about by one dad whose name I won't mention.  Bringing in Kemmerer mattered and it took a dad with resources to make that happen.   No resources, no Joe, and then there is a bunch of kids who wouldn't be where they are today.  Resources always matter, not quite as much as the work, but they matter.

Can’t  argue with that.

But I think the coaching staff Cleveland has, can get dropped off anywhere in the State, and within a short period of time be winning State Championships. If you follow wrestling in TN, they seemed to have figured out a system to winning…… consistently. From what i’ve seen they have at the kids level, and it’s been like this for a while now, they may not be losing anytime in the future. Maybe that happens in the future???

15 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Can’t  argue with that.

But I think the coaching staff Cleveland has, can get dropped off anywhere in the State, and within a short period of time be winning State Championships. If you follow wrestling in TN, they seemed to have figured out a system to winning…… consistently. From what i’ve seen they have at the kids level, and it’s been like this for a while now, they may not be losing anytime in the future. Maybe that happens in the future???

My own son has trained under Bosken at his camps.  Dude is as tireless as his wrestlers.  I will never knock his (and I'm sure the other coaches) practices, attention to detail, work ethic, and willingness to go anywhere.  Plus they share all their knowledge freely.   Cleveland is the best most consistent program in the state currently and it cannot be argued.

As to when that changes, no idea, but everything changes.  Someone else will come along learn, duplicate, improve, and exceed. 

Edited by oceansize42

Ok now that we know Cleveland is the best and some just can’t seem to except it let’s get back to arguing which freshman truly has a shot. And these are opinions not facts so don’t get all butt hurt. 
AA

106 - Walker will major or better the WC kid and should win but let’s be honest it’s not a really tough bracket but it would be if you had Walker(AA)/Bond(D2)/Uhorchuk and Dupill(A). That would be a good one. 
132 - Sturgill can definitely  push Desselle for the title

160 - Szymborski has a shot and this would be the biggest in my opinion because he’s wrestling mostly all Jr’s and Seniors. 

D2 

106 - Bond has a shot if he can beat Calvin(Ryan)

120 - Helton can win it just not sure who all will end up at 120. 

126 - Roark has a legitimate shot if Roller stays      at 132. Just would have to beat Bond

132 - Askew can win it if Roller drops to 26  

106 - Definitely between Uhorchuk and Dupill

113 - Uhorchuk walks away with it. 

Now let’s hear what everyone else thinks. 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, RaisingAbeast22 said:

Ok now that we know Cleveland is the best and some just can’t seem to except it let’s get back to arguing which freshman truly has a shot. And these are opinions not facts so don’t get all butt hurt. 
AA

106 - Walker will major or better the WC kid and should win but let’s be honest it’s not a really tough bracket but it would be if you had Walker(AA)/Bond(D2)/Uhorchuk and Dupill(A). That would be a good one. 
132 - Sturgill can definitely  push Desselle for the title

160 - Szymborski has a shot and this would be the biggest in my opinion because he’s wrestling mostly all Jr’s and Seniors. 

D2 

106 - Bond has a shot if he can beat Calvin(Ryan)

120 - Helton can win it just not sure who all will end up at 120. 

126 - Roark has a legitimate shot if Roller stays      at 132. Just would have to beat Bond

132 - Askew can win it if Roller drops to 26  

106 - Definitely between Uhorchuk and Dupill

113 - Uhorchuk walks away with it. 

Now let’s hear what everyone else thinks. 

From what is the word around D2 Kv Roller will stay at 132. I believe Nate Askew does hold a small chance to knock off Roller but will have to wrestle on his A game all 6 minutes.

Leaving a barn burner of a match at 126 between Bond and Roark. These two have gone back and forth in the past month, and this match up will be highly anticipated!!

Dropping back to 106, this match is a toss up as bond lost to Calvin in overtime at state duals. I see Bond taking this match in the finals of state, but this match will once again will come down to the wire.

Moving up to 113, Brody Gobbell is projected to drop down to 113 as Calvin Eason is said to be back into the line up. With Gobbell dropping do we think he has the abilities to take out Nick Corday who was back on the mat this past weekend at state duals.