Jump to content

Deafening Silence from Lewis County


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CoachT said:

Actually, I did receive a message on the subject from one of my ardent admirers last night which said "Screw you coacht". So, there is that.

Why you? Not like you have anything to do with it. Hope it ends well, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I feel bad for John Moore above all of it. He did a great job considering what he inherited and when he got to start. He has been down there a long time for them to do this to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Why you? Not like you have anything to do with it. Hope it ends well, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I feel bad for John Moore above all of it. He did a great job considering what he inherited and when he got to start. He has been down there a long time for them to do this to him.

It was directed toward me, personally, by a member who had to be removed. Nothing to do with the Columbia hire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CoachT said:

It was directed toward me, personally, by a member who had to be removed. Nothing to do with the Columbia hire.

Like already said coach, there's always one. I try and keep a simple approach to interacting with people whom I suspect may be "that guy"...if I don't immediately understand why we're in disagreement, ask. If I don't understand after the explanation (or I don't get one)...you're not worth my time. That sounds crude and maybe aloof, but is absolutely true. After deciding that, I may choose to argue or debate...may just poke the bear every once and a while for fun, or just ignore completely. 

 You need to understand that we longtimers know you a little bit. You didn't sell, you didn't compromise, and you didn't commercialize. This site is a good clean outlet for "moderately normal" fans of high school athletics to exchange information, express opinions, and compare teams, players, districts, ect... too far apart to do any other way. It is how it is because that's how you decided it would be, and I applaud you for it because the money said otherwise. Thank you for the outlet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Why you? Not like you have anything to do with it. Hope it ends well, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I feel bad for John Moore above all of it. He did a great job considering what he inherited and when he got to start. He has been down there a long time for them to do this to him.

Agreed. Former staff that was full of youth football coaches bashed the man to death to the current parents. Coach Moore did a great job but he fully supports and loves Coach Sharp and he has plans to be on his staff. 

Edited by lionvol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Like already said coach, there's always one. I try and keep a simple approach to interacting with people whom I suspect may be "that guy"...if I don't immediately understand why we're in disagreement, ask. If I don't understand after the explanation (or I don't get one)...you're not worth my time. That sounds crude and maybe aloof, but is absolutely true. After deciding that, I may choose to argue or debate...may just poke the bear every once and a while for fun, or just ignore completely. 

 You need to understand that we longtimers know you a little bit. You didn't sell, you didn't compromise, and you didn't commercialize. This site is a good clean outlet for "moderately normal" fans of high school athletics to exchange information, express opinions, and compare teams, players, districts, ect... too far apart to do any other way. It is how it is because that's how you decided it would be, and I applaud you for it because the money said otherwise. Thank you for the outlet.

It was tempting, at times, but just never felt right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...