GC vs WV

mas1821

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I am one that won’t even make a pick against any opponent. I just have seen Camden and East Hickman and both teams played hard. GC goes out there with a lethargic mentality they will be going home quick. Seen it too many times. I don’t know what is going on now, but it is time for GC to get their act together quick if they are planning on making a run. I may be hurting feelings but I just call it like I see it. 

If you're hurting some feelings then it's them, not you specifically. I have no idea what's going on with the Lady Pioneers as of late.

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Anybody notice that the handshake after the game wasn't very cordial. Seamed like coach Haskins wasn't to excited about shaking coach Wilkins hand. Coach Rutledge and all the Weathers girls sat right behind at me at the game. 

Did they Weathers' go to the game last night? I know they live in Loretto, but surely they got something else better to do...

23 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Anybody notice that the handshake after the game wasn't very cordial. Seamed like coach Haskins wasn't to excited about shaking coach Wilkins hand. Coach Rutledge and all the Weathers girls sat right behind at me at the game. 

Probably because of the jerk he was to him at the last game lol! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

19 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Did they Weathers' go to the game last night? I know they live in Loretto, but surely they got something else better to do...

They were watching and I don’t blame them. Ashley, the assistant, Karly and another player. You can watch film all day long but it is better live.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Probably because of the jerk he was to him at the last game lol! 

I rewatched the game film and seen why Wilkins exploded the last game. Got outplayed and didn’t matter but two terrible calls went against GC as fouls that were jump balls. He probably didn’t like the way Haskins continually in these officials ears griping about calls that go against him when they are obvious calls against Westview. 

Edited by pioneer42

27 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

yeah, I couldn't think of anything better to do when you're a competitor and want to win.

That is right. Hopefully GC will learn from this. All we can say. Need to plan and scheme better and certainly play better. Hopefully Region will start a new season at practice tommorow. We have the talent. Got to believe in theirselves as much as fans do. Got to dig deep. “Got to have heart” is on all of our shirts and gear. Everything we do going forward this motto needs to be in front of these girls amd coaches eyes. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

That is right. Hopefully GC will learn from this. All we can say. Need to plan and scheme better and certainly play better. Hopefully Region will start a new season at practice tommorow. We have the talent. Got to believe in theirselves as much as fans do. Got to dig deep. “Got to have heart” is on all of our shirts and gear. Everything we do going forward this motto needs to be in front of these girls amd coaches eyes. 

pioneer42….what changes/adjustments has Wilkins made over the three games that they have played them? Has he tried anything knew or stuck with the same plan all three times? I haven’t seen much difference with any of the times they have played each other so just curious if there is a reason why he won’t try a different approach

7 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

pioneer42….what changes/adjustments has Wilkins made over the three games that they have played them? Has he tried anything knew or stuck with the same plan all three times? I haven’t seen much difference with any of the times they have played each other so just curious if there is a reason why he won’t try a different approach

None. No adjustments. He put Cantrelle on Harrison 2nd game in 2nd half is all I can see. Now we will see what happens if he meets y’all again. Region Final has huge implications. GC has to play a lot better in Region to get there. Camden and East Hickman are kinda good today not so good tommorow type teams so you never know. Our players have got to play better. Turnovers and missed three’s it’s a wonder y’all didn’t blow us out worse. Hard to believe with three minutes left in the third we were only down 12 or so. Poster above said we were 0 for first 16 from 3 point land and all the TO’s does give me a little hope. But y’all are a great team. I do believe if we meet again hopefully we will make some adjustments.

6 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I wasn’t watching the interaction, I was conversing with some GC fans. Both coaches like to converse with officials in their own way, but Wilkins seems to like to talk at other coaches during the game if he’s losing. That’s not a knock on him, but that’s just part of his way and probably more out of frustration than disrespect. They’ll be fine and it’s a non-issue.