Surprised at the quiet about TSSAA mandated Thursday games

fredjones

13 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Are you serious? That would suck for coaches trying to prep and also for fans that may need to make arrangements to travel or have plans already made for Thursday.

Yes, sir, coaches hate it. Haven’t heard if there is any plans to adjust this season or not. 

On 2/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, RedStateReject said:

It's been mentioned that playing a HS varsity game on Thursdays could hurt middle school attendance. That is a definite truth, especially in small towns where fans attend both kind of games. The other thing is many of the MS game officials are also officials on Friday nights. So are MS games going to have to be moved or cancelled?

In the past our middle schools have changed their games to Tuesday or if it’s know well enough in advance they try to schedule around that game. 

On 2/16/2022 at 4:29 PM, tradertwo said:

I hope that they consider that Thursday night is a school night, and keep travel short. I (as a fan) actually love that there will be games on Thursday! When my school plays one of them, I'll have the option of any game in the area on Friday, and when they play on the usual Friday, hopefully one of the teams that I would be interested in seeing would play. There is the potential of lost gate money in playing short on Thursday, as most rival games (big gates) are short. 

I wish that they would allow each school to submit a preference list of about 4 games in order of, and consider these lists when scheduling...hopefully coaches would be wise about their choices.

I agree

Should a region game be played on Thursday since it's a school night & region games are 'supposedly closer'  in a sense?  or should those all important region games always be played on Friday?  

Our region games for the most part are usually one sided.  Honestly, if they were on a Thursday night it wouldn't bother me a bit.