TNUSA Wrestling's New Rokfin Account - TN P4P Rankings Released & Technique Vids from Cody Chittum

TNUSAWrestling

48 minutes ago, wristbar said:

Joey Terry from FR beat your #1 Mason Alley from Baylor 10-6 and was never challenged. Seems like very little effort was put into these rankings. 

One match doesn’t necessarily prove everything. 10-6 match never challenged? That’s hard to believe. Go watch some more wrestling before speaking on this topic. If very little effort was put into these rankings I would like to see how ur list turns out.

time will tell if he was never truly challenged this weekend. Joey Terry will have to make it through Colby dalon first.

9 hours ago, wristbar said:

Joey Terry from FR beat your #1 Mason Alley from Baylor 10-6 and was never challenged. Seems like very little effort was put into these rankings. 

The opc track record for both Mason and Joey doesn’t show this match.  It shows all of the  other matches they wrestled this season except this one so I missed this one head to head match.  But, after reviewing this match and looking over all of the matches my top 4 at 160, I’m still going to keep with my current top 4 as is. 

If I ranked to 5, then Joey would be number 5.  And, there is very little difference between all 5 of them as this is by far the most competitive weight across all 3 divisions this year. You can make a case for all 5 being ranked number 1 at this weight. 

Joey’s recent loss to Brady Jarvis who was just majored by Aiden Benoit and the fact he really has no other significant wins out outside of this single win over Mason or a body of work outside the TSSAA season puts him in 5th place on my list. . 

Both Mason and Colby have nationally ranked wins and Mason placed at Grappler and Colby placed at Knockout so that is why I have those two ranked One and Two.  Colby was the clear number one until his loss to Mason on Saturday.  Unfortunately for Joey he has to wrestle Colby just to get to the state finals. I will not be surprised if the winner of that match ends up winning state. 

11 hours ago, wristbar said:

TNUSAWrestling, please don't take wristbar's comment to heart. As a fan of the sport, I am very appreciate for the time and effort you put into these rankings. Rankings like these add to the fun. You can't always make everyone happy LOL. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, durdon said:

The opc track record for both Mason and Joey doesn’t show this match.  It shows all of the  other matches they wrestled this season except this one so I missed this one head to head match.  But, after reviewing this match and looking over all of the matches my top 4 at 160, I’m still going to keep with my current top 4 as is. 

If I ranked to 5, then Joey would be number 5.  And, there is very little difference between all 5 of them as this is by far the most competitive weight across all 3 divisions this year. You can make a case for all 5 being ranked number 1 at this weight. 

Joey’s recent loss to Brady Jarvis who was just majored by Aiden Benoit and the fact he really has no other significant wins out outside of this single win over Mason or a body of work outside the TSSAA season puts him in 5th place on my list. . 

Both Mason and Colby have nationally ranked wins and Mason placed at Grappler and Colby placed at Knockout so that is why I have those two ranked One and Two.  Colby was the clear number one until his loss to Mason on Saturday.  Unfortunately for Joey he has to wrestle Colby just to get to the state finals. I will not be surprised if the winner of that match ends up winning state. 

shows it was at the TSSAA duals in the finals. Not sure why its not on his individual since the duals were also on track.

Match #2 1st Place Match

Baylor School defeated Father Ryan 36-21

• 195 - David Harper (Baylor School) over Tim Brunet (Father Ryan) Fall 1:02
  • 220 - Ronald Garriques (Baylor School) over William McGrady (Father Ryan) Fall 3:34
  • 285 - Brycen Sanders (Baylor School) over Abraham Cromartie (Father Ryan) Dec 4-3
  • 106 - Joseph Calvin (Father Ryan) over Jacob Bond (Baylor School) SV-1 4-2
  • 113 - Nick Cordey (Baylor School) over Ethan Lampert (Father Ryan) Fall 0:29
  • 120 - Brody Gobbell (Father Ryan) over Judson Jarrett (Baylor School) Dec 11-5
  • 126 - Cason Roark (Father Ryan) over Jackson Bond (Baylor School) Dec 4-3
  • 132 - Nathaniel Askew (Baylor School) over Chancery Deane (Father Ryan) Dec 6-3
  • 138 - Garrison Dendy (Baylor School) over Sawyer Rutherford (Father Ryan) Fall 1:45
  • 145 - Ben Stigamier (Father Ryan) over Elijah Turner (Baylor School) Dec 5-0
  • 152 - Ryan Tisdale (Baylor School) over Matt Oberlander (Father Ryan) Dec 5-2
  • 160 - Joey Terry (Father Ryan) over Mason Alley (Baylor School) Dec 10-6
  • 170 - Michael Kinsey (Baylor School) over William Rodgers (Father Ryan) Dec 6-4
  • 182 - Benjamin Marchetti (Father Ryan) over Iain Henderson (Baylor School) Fall 3:56

We appreciate the feedback!  Some of the most passionate wrestling minds in the state are contributing to these articles on a volunteer basis, and we hope more will join them soon! 

They won't always be perfect, but we list contributors and email addresses on articles for feedback because we want to get it right.  Of course there will always be judgement calls where sound minds can disagree- that's part of the fun of it!  Ultimately, it gets settled on the mat, which is one of the great things about our sport.

We hope you all continue to enjoy it- the goal is to grow interest and participation in the wrestling in the state Tennessee.

Speaking of which... More content hot off the presses!:

Every Returning Tennessee State Champ! | Rokfin

• Thanks 1