Gordonsville!!!

MJMSBear

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivia Question for the Day... When was the LAST TIME Clarkrange didnt make the Region Tournament?   Monterey has only beaten them one time since the 1970's (2002) and I know they went to or won the Region that year, LOL  Ive watched this District since Rickman was a part (Still Should Be!) of it.  They closed in 1985,  Clarkrange has been a Powerhouse ever since!

Edited by blueeyes

1 hour ago, MJMSBear said:

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Coach Dillard and the ladies at Gordonsville on their victory over Clarkrange last night!!

8 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Trivia Question for the Day... When was the LAST TIME Clarkrange didnt make the Region Tournament?   Monterey has only beaten them one time since the 70's (2002) and I believe they may have went to the Region that year, LOL

Congratulations to Gordonsville!! Big win. My HS Gibson County got knocked out in the play in game by Westview in 2012 and Dyersburg in 2013. This was the after we lost half of our students to South Gibson HS due to consolidation but I can never remember in my lifetime Clarkrange not being in the Region Semis. I would imagine you have to go way way back.

4 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Trivia Question for the Day... When was the LAST TIME Clarkrange didnt make the Region Tournament?   Monterey has only beaten them one time since the 1970's (2002) and I know they went to or won the Region that year, LOL  Ive watched this District since Rickman was a part (Still Should Be!) of it.  They closed in 1985,  Clarkrange has been a Powerhouse ever since!

As best as I can find you would have to go back before Lamar Rogers to find them not making a Regional Tournament. Even in their worst years they finished 4th.

Livingston Academy benefited more from Rickman Closing. They had 2 State Tournament appearances before that happened. Clarkrange already had 2 State Championships.

Gordonsville had a good run in late 1990’s with 3 trips to the Boro and lost twice in the Final 4 to eventual State Champion Bradford once in double OT. Since then they have not had many winning seasons. Sadly they could be a great program but are a Football School that barely supports  Basketball. 

Edited by Khall555

38 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Theyve always RELOADED,  Couldnt get the needed "Replacements" from Crossville, Jamestown, Morgan. Co, Monterey, like usual.  Kids are staying near home.

The top 6 were all local girls last year and many years before. Jamestown is still local. Literally 10 mins up the road. 

Edited by RandomSportsGuy

56 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What is story with Jackson County?? How did their talent pool make a turn??

Upperman Magically got a lot better when Jackson started declining. Funny how that happened. RBS even improved. 

Back to Gordonsville Brooke Armistead is one of the best girl players I have ever seen play. It is a shame she never truly got recognized as Ms Basketball. She was unstoppable. Best Player in Austin Peay History. 

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Upperman Magically got a lot better when Jackson started declining. Funny how that happened. RBS even improved. 

Back to Gordonsville Brooke Armistead is one of the best girl players I have ever seen play. It is a shame she never truly got recognized as Ms Basketball. She was unstoppable. Best Player in Austin Peay History. 

I respond back very little to Miss Basketball threads after Heather Butler from Gibson County didn’t win it in 2009 or 2010 after going 70-1 in AA and 2 Gold Balls. She is the all time leading career scorer in the OVC so I can relate to the Gordonsville player. So you trying to say Jackson County lost the feeder schools or are they leaving before HS starts in open enrollment??