Region 6AAA

Bkbfan4ever

A week ago I would have said South Side and South Gibson were definitely headed to Round 4 for the region championship. I’ve seen Hardin, McNairy, Chester and Lexington this year. None of them are very good. But I read on another post that South Gibson lost their point guard to a broken fibula during the district championship game. Hard to deal with injuries to key players at this point in the season (especially point guards). I’ll be impressed if they make it to the region championship 

As a BBall fan, I really loved the guard from Medina. She went down right in front of us and immediately knew something was really wrong. She limped off the floor with help from the Medina trainers. Stayed for the awards and received some awards. Big showing of sportsmanship from the entire crowd when her name was announced. She sat right behind us the next night at the boys game and she said about 6 week recovery. Broken fibula (the smaller one). Healing in an air cast.

Regarding the Region Tourney: South Side and Medina round 4!

On 2/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, maddams said:

A week ago I would have said South Side and South Gibson were definitely headed to Round 4 for the region championship. I’ve seen Hardin, McNairy, Chester and Lexington this year. None of them are very good. But I read on another post that South Gibson lost their point guard to a broken fibula during the district championship game. Hard to deal with injuries to key players at this point in the season (especially point guards). I’ll be impressed if they make it to the region championship 

District 11 isn’t necessarily bad, McNairy has had several big wins this year and Hardin County took Deschler, Alabama to the wire before losing 47-40. Deschler was #1 in the state of Alabama at the time and they were averaging nearly 70pts a game. Both McNairy and Hardin County play better defense than most teams are used too. Just ask Bearden from last years tournament, anything can happen come tournament time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PDiddyTN said:

District 11 isn’t necessarily bad, McNairy has had several big wins this year and Hardin County took Deschler, Alabama to the wire before losing 47-40. Deschler was #1 in the state of Alabama at the time and they were averaging nearly 70pts a game. Both McNairy and Hardin County play better defense than most teams are used too. Just ask Bearden from last years tournament, anything can happen come tournament time. 

It can but McNairy & Hardin Co will not survive the semifinals 

10 hours ago, PDiddyTN said:

South Gibson will have their hands full losing Lilly, but they have a decent shot to make sub-state I agree. I think it will be South Side playing Murfreesboro Central at South Side and somebody going to Creekwood. Probably South Gibson. If I am South Gibson I press, press, press, press and then press. Win with defense. Ivey Cianceola is quick and has good experience and the Lewis girl comes off the bench. Never know. Some times players rally around this and make a serious run and play off if adrenaline and emotion and roll. Good luck to all.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Bobcats83 said:

It can but McNairy & Hardin Co will not survive the semifinals 

Won't survive huh?  Anything can happen come tournament time.  Hardin County just proved it again against South Gibson and some other teams will prove it as well before this season is complete.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, PDiddyTN said:

It's hard to judge Hardin Co. They took Deshler to the wire and only beat a bad Chester team by 4 both times.

54 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

It's hard to judge Hardin Co. They took Deshler to the wire and only beat a bad Chester team by 4 both times.

With HC there success depends a lot on if the 3ball is falling are not. When there shots are going in there a pretty good team. That’s why they had close games that shouldn’t have been close. Poor shooting nights. I don’t think they can hang with SS, but hope I’m wrong. Good luck to the Tigers!