AA region 5&6

Jaychapman

7 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Cheatham drop 2 sometimes 3 to stop Burdette and held her to 16 she’ll be hard to stop w one defender but perimeter shooting need to get better to move on / Loretto in cake walk but relying too much on Karly lately also needs others to step up like earlier in year if they do can beat anybody 

agreed.  Ally, Clifton sisters, Buttrum, Lanie, and Cozart all have been super effective driving to the basket against very good teams this year.  But when outside shots aren't falling (since Creekwood really), Ally seems to be the only one (outside of Karly) attempting to score in the paint with any regularity.  I think a lot of this has to do with ball movement.  For the first 4/5 of the season, Loretto moved the ball better than any h.s. team I've seen this year.  However, that hasn't been the case since the Creekwood game.  If we don't get back in sync, we're going to find ourselves in much more closely contested games the rest of the way.  Karly is having to do far too much as of late!  Loretto definitely hasn't looked like an unstoppable force over the past couple weeks, that's for sure.  And if Jada misses time or is less than 100% for WV going forward, and Loretto continues to be out of sync offensively (relying on Karly to score 30 plus), then AA is much more wide open than it looked a few weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

agreed.  Ally, Clifton sisters, Buttrum, Lanie, and Cozart all have been super effective driving to the basket against very good teams this year.  But when outside shots aren't falling (since Creekwood really), Ally seems to be the only one (outside of Karly) attempting to score in the paint with any regularity.  I think a lot of this has to do with ball movement.  For the first 4/5 of the season, Loretto moved the ball better than any h.s. team I've seen this year.  However, that hasn't been the case since the Creekwood game.  If we don't get back in sync, we're going to find ourselves in much more closely contested games the rest of the way.  Karly is having to do far too much as of late!  Loretto definitely hasn't looked like an unstoppable force over the past couple weeks, that's for sure.  And if Jada misses time or is less than 100% for WV going forward, and Loretto continues to be out of sync offensively (relying on Karly to score 30 plus), then AA is much more wide open than it looked a few weeks ago.

It is a marathon and not a sprint right?? Loretto got hot in the Region last year and carried it to the Boro and won it. It is whoever gets hot in this stretch. We talk a lot about our 4, but East Tennessee is always tough as well as others. You really just have to get hot at the right time. I’m sure coaches especially one’s that have been there will try to push the right buttons and make the right moves and see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opm91 said:

Wishing Jada well! 

WV and Huntingdon both returning all, correct? GC losing like 4 or 5 including the oldest Hart? Wilkins will have some work on his hands and some role players may have to step up. 

Really hoping to see both GC and WV advance to state but I know that's a tall order with Loretto in the mix. 

2 Seniors who get regular time will be graduating. We have a freshmen post who hasn’t seen much time who will get a lot next year. 

1 hour ago, westtn12 said:

Any word on Jada’s ankle? Hoping it’s not serious. 

Swelling & very limited is what I’ve heard from family.  No official report from anyone at WV though. 

Some are talking that she’ll likely be sat and have her as healthy as can be for the Sectional is the rumor….who knows??? 

Either way, it’s going to be a battle tomorrow night. We will still line up and play. We still have some pretty good players and can adjust the game plan if needed. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon