OW?

Rasslinking

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

They don’t give kids from cleveland OW. U can’t win it and have OW u just can’t!!

You can’t win what? and get OW? 

Maggie Wrestled a State Champ in the finals and currently a 3 time state champ as a junior 

Fowler Wrestled a returning medalist in the finals 

Both girls were high favorites to win their weight class. 

take a look at 132 6 retuning medalist in the weight class and not 1 of them was the champion. 
looks like your statement should be Can’t be an underdog win state and get OW. 

30 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

Maggie Wrestled a State Champ in the finals and currently a 3 time state champ as a junior 

take a look at 132 6 retuning medalist in the weight class and not 1 of them was the champion. 

I’m talking not only this year but like the last 10

43 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I’m talking not only this year but like the last 10

No worries Fooseball there are about to be some years in the not to distant future that it will be darn near impossible to keep the award away.The group of middle schoolers coming up are going to be the best ever to walk through the doors at Cleveland.If you think the legacy that the Laxton’s, McDaniel, Bradford, Whiteside, Ellison, Boyd, Davis, left was awesome just wait. We got Tulsa placers, Preseason Nationals placers, absolute monsters on deck. They didn’t lose a match two years ago at kid state duals. Not a single match. That’s against the rest of the state. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JIII said:

No worries Fooseball there are about to be some years in the not to distant future that it will be darn near impossible to keep the award away.The group of middle schoolers coming up are going to be the best ever to walk through the doors at Cleveland.If you think the legacy that the Laxton’s, McDaniel, Bradford, Whiteside, Ellison, Boyd, Davis, left was awesome just wait. We got Tulsa placers, Preseason Nationals placers, absolute monsters on deck. They didn’t lose a match two years ago at kid state duals. Not a single match. That’s against the rest of the state. 

Man those kids are fun too watch, the hate is about to get more real 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cougars130 said:

yet that same returning state champ Maggie wrestled and pinned in 5 plus mins Piper pinned in a min this season. It is outstanding wrestler, not a career acheivement and Piper spent less time on the mat it looks like the entire tourney compared to the finals match for Maggie. Again after Piper pinned the same girl in 1:08. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JIII said:

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Man those kids are fun too watch, the hate is about to get more real 

Ok, we will let you two idiots go over to Sammy's house, and you might as well go to Trae Morrisette's house (he won it last year), where you can extract their trophies and you two can give it to the proper Cleveland kid.  Jesus Christ you two are unreal.  Then we can start unearthing all the coaches participating in this conspiracy of "hate" against Cleveland kids.  

Now you two are going to get on here and say I'm talking about the last ten years. Guess what? Every kid from the last ten years worked hard, really hard.  None of them received it by accident. Not a one.  There wasn't a slew of coaches in the back room calculating how to deny some kid "X" from Cleveland. I'm quite sure that some time soon a Cleveland kid will be undeniable.  Was Kodiak not deserving last year in single A?  The year before that?  He sure was and yet he didn't get it.  How about Hunter?  How about Colin Dupill?  

All of these coaches and parents send kids to Bosken to train over the summer.    My son's coach would constantly send me information about Cleveland camps. No hate there for the program or the kids.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Ok, we will let you two idiots go over to Sammy's house, and you might as well go to Trae Morrisette's house (he won it last year), where you can extract their trophies and you two can give it to the proper Cleveland kid.  Jesus Christ you two are unreal.  Then we can start unearthing all the coaches participating in this conspiracy of "hate" against Cleveland kids.  

You seem to be the “idiot” in this conversation. First off I didn’t say they didn’t deserve to win it. Both those young men had great years and great tournaments. As a matter of fact other than his family no one was happier for Sammy to win than me. Now do I think Davis should have won it, yeah I do. Nobody at the tournament could even remotely compete with him. Pinning all the way through with only one kid even getting out of the first period. Total absolute domination in every match. 

29 minutes ago, JIII said:

You seem to be the “idiot” in this conversation. First off I didn’t say they didn’t deserve to win it. Both those young men had great years and great tournaments. As a matter of fact other than his family no one was happier for Sammy to win than me. Now do I think Davis should have won it, yeah I do. Nobody at the tournament could even remotely compete with him. Pinning all the way through with only one kid even getting out of the first period. Total absolute domination in every match. 

You guys are literally discussing how there is a conspiracy against Cleveland, ergo, the kids didn't deserve it and further you two know precisely which Cleveland kid deserved it more.

Saying you know which kid deserves it more, is no different than saying the winner didn't deserve it.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think there is a conspiracy against Cleveland. I guarantee you there are a handful of coaches that would never vote for a Cleveland wrestler, or Bradley, or Blackman or whoever. I don’t have a world view of knowing how the masses of the coaches vote, but I can share what went on around me. After Kannedy’s match, Coach Mason, Hunter’s dad said there is your best wrestler. I go up to the rail to stretch my legs and 2 HS coaches from middle TN were debating the merits of Dupil, Mason and Kannedy for Outstanding Wrestler. Sitting next to signal Mountain fans (they were awesome and knowledgeable) one of their former wrestlers stated that coach said they lost their chance at an Outstanding Wrestler after the 1st two weights. Not insider info nor gossip but a small personal worldview. I love Cleveland wrestling and what they are accomplishing. The best wrestling program in the state.

Edited by noonesfool

This is the larger point.  Every year there are so many deserving hard working wrestlers that put their full arsenal of skills on display.  There can be only one OW and I'm fine with the system. I'm sure there are coaches who are jealous and simply won't vote without their bias coming into play but I do not under any circumstance buy that there is some sort of collusion between coaches against any one program.  Conspiracy posts are what some people use to drive themselves to greater heights and that's great but let others outside your program come to your defense.  Cleveland is phenomenal, just phenomenal.  I admire each and everyone of their wrestlers determination and work ethic.  The group of Dad's I was with really enjoyed watching their matches at states and there wasn't a single bad thing said about Cleveland or their wrestlers between us, I can tell you that.

Edited by oceansize42