OW?

Rasslinking

Due to the significant population increase in Middle Tennessee you will see more state championships won  in the Middle Tennessee area in the near future.  The Chattanooga area has had a major advantage due to the college program at UTC and a few very wealthy individuals in the Cleveland/Chattanooga area making significant contributions to youth wrestling.  The pendulum has began to swing away from the Chattanooga area and I see know reason for this trend to stop in the near future.  When one area of the state has such an increase in population it’s only natural for us to begin seeing these results.  

MidTN vs Chatt AA based on highest finishes at this years state tourney.  If they wrestled at the state tourney we'll use those results. If they did not wrestle at the state tourney i'll go through their trackwrestling profiles and use their most recent results against each other or common opponents. 

106-

Chase Walker (Cleveland) md James Hicks (Wilson Central) - 4-0 Chatt 

113-

Bryson Terrell (Bradley Central) dec Russell Ford (Indy) - 7-0 Chatt

120-

Jarvis Little (Summit) dec Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) - 7-3 Chatt

126-

Justin Bradford (Blackman) dec Easton Lipsey (Bradley Central) - 7-6 Chatt

132-

Landon Desselle (Summit) dec Arlo Laxton (Cleveland) (Admiral Inv finals) - 9-7 MidTn

138-

Sammy Shires (Rossview) dec Ethan Lipsey (Bradley Central) - 12-7 MidTn

145-

Finley Jameson (Summit) dec Luke Belcher (Bradley Central) - 15-7 MidTn

I'm going to catch flak for this one. Their best common opponent was Max Norman who pinned them both but the second was Riley Fort of Wilson Central. Luke split matches with Riley this year losing in a dual and winning in the 3/4 finals match at state. FInley's only meeting against Riley was a pin in the semis at State. Its close, but I'm going to say advantage Finely. 

152-

Jacob Barlow (Coffee Co) dec Cy Fowler (Cleveland) (Section 2 semis) - 18-7 MidTn

160-

Aiden Brenot (Clarksville) md Lucas Szymborski (Cleveland) - 22-7 MidTn

170-

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet) dec Fransisco Molina (Rhea Co) - 25-7 MidTn

182-

Jashua Chew (Blackman) dec Jake Fox (Bradley Central) (Section 2 semis) - 28-7 MidTn

Fox was the only Chatt area wrestler to qualify for this weight class and win a match. 

195-

Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland) dec Connor Milhourn (Siegel) -28-10 MidTn

Common opponent being Devon Medina who beat Milhourn in the semis then lost to Boyd by dec in the finals.

220-

Theron Gaines (Oakland) Forfeit- 34-10 MidTn

Chatt area didnt qualify anybody for this weight. 

285- 

Ashton Davis (Cleveland) pin Ryan Smith (Summit) - 34-16 MidTn

34-16 Middle Tennessee based off highest state tournament finish then head to head and common opponents. Take it for what you will...although im sure a couple people will complain. 

11 hours ago, Bump11 said:

those “middle tennessee boys” did more than win a popularity contest. 7 AA state champs came from middle TN. 6 from east. i bet if you look back through the years, you probably see similar results. if you’re a wrestler from chattanooga, chances are you’re being put in the Cleveland/Bradley school systems. hence why no other east TN schools are hardly ever competitive. the talent is more balanced in middle TN, and id bet my life savings if you lined up the best from middle against the best from east, you may not like the results. you can say cleveland is far and away the best team and nobody will argue, but don’t go throwing all of middle TN together to bash as a whole, saying we can keep the  “popularity awards” when they win more individual titles as a whole

I would hope so, middle TN has 42 middle tn schools compared to 25 that are considered east, also middle TN has schools that participate in section 2, all of 3 and even into section 4 while east only has section 1 and half of section 2. I mean if you want to include sections instead of east, middle and west sections 1 and 2 had more state champs than 3 and 4.   Also in A there are 8 state champs from east compared to 5 from middle TN. 

we can also look at D2 if you want to go that far and go East 8, middle 3, west 3. so middle same amount of state champs as west. 

As far as best vs best east vs west.   

106-cleveland already beat middle kid Wilson central 8-0   EAST

113- Bradley kid beat middle kid independence 7-0    EAST

120-little summit beat Ellison in ultimate TB 2-1  so lets see that again    TOSS UP

126-bradford blackman in OT over lipsey 1-1 even fowler lets see that again  TOSS UPS

132- Sturgill vs desselle lets see that rematch again as it was 7-5 OT  TOSS UP

138- shires again over Lipsey 9-5  MIDDLE

145-norman pinned jameson     EAST

152- middle wins this although west won title    MIDDLE

160-brenot wins again over szymborski by major      MIDDLE

170-pyron wins again over east Molina 10-3    MIDDLE

182-chew blackman beats cooley in a tight match  MIDDLE

195-boyd wins over milhorn highest placing middle     EAST

220- gaines wins over crowder highest placing east        MIDDLE

285- davis wins against anyone            EAST

5 EAST    6 MIDDLE  WITH 3 TOSS UPS

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Due to the significant population increase in Middle Tennessee you will see more state championships won  in the Middle Tennessee area in the near future.  The Chattanooga area has had a major advantage due to the college program at UTC and a few very wealthy individuals in the Cleveland/Chattanooga area making significant contributions to youth wrestling.  The pendulum has began to swing away from the Chattanooga area and I see know reason for this trend to stop in the near future.  When one area of the state has such an increase in population it’s only natural for us to begin seeing these results.  

It won’t.

Not for long long time. If you really follow wrestling at all levels, you will know that.

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

MidTN vs Chatt AA based on highest finishes at this years state tourney.  If they wrestled at the state tourney we'll use those results. If they did not wrestle at the state tourney i'll go through their trackwrestling profiles and use their most recent results against each other or common opponents. 

106-

Chase Walker (Cleveland) md James Hicks (Wilson Central) - 4-0 Chatt 

113-

Bryson Terrell (Bradley Central) dec Russell Ford (Indy) - 7-0 Chatt

120-

Jarvis Little (Summit) dec Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) - 7-3 Chatt

126-

Justin Bradford (Blackman) dec Easton Lipsey (Bradley Central) - 7-6 Chatt

132-

Landon Desselle (Summit) dec Arlo Laxton (Cleveland) (Admiral Inv finals) - 9-7 MidTn

138-

Sammy Shires (Rossview) dec Ethan Lipsey (Bradley Central) - 12-7 MidTn

145-

Finley Jameson (Summit) dec Luke Belcher (Bradley Central) - 15-7 MidTn

I'm going to catch flak for this one. Their best common opponent was Max Norman who pinned them both but the second was Riley Fort of Wilson Central. Luke split matches with Riley this year losing in a dual and winning in the 3/4 finals match at state. FInley's only meeting against Riley was a pin in the semis at State. Its close, but I'm going to say advantage Finely. 

152-

Jacob Barlow (Coffee Co) dec Cy Fowler (Cleveland) (Section 2 semis) - 18-7 MidTn

160-

Aiden Brenot (Clarksville) md Lucas Szymborski (Cleveland) - 22-7 MidTn

170-

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet) dec Fransisco Molina (Rhea Co) - 25-7 MidTn

182-

Jashua Chew (Blackman) dec Jake Fox (Bradley Central) (Section 2 semis) - 28-7 MidTn

Fox was the only Chatt area wrestler to qualify for this weight class and win a match. 

195-

Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland) dec Connor Milhourn (Siegel) -28-10 MidTn

Common opponent being Devon Medina who beat Milhourn in the semis then lost to Boyd by dec in the finals.

220-

Theron Gaines (Oakland) Forfeit- 34-10 MidTn

Chatt area didnt qualify anybody for this weight. 

285- 

Ashton Davis (Cleveland) pin Ryan Smith (Summit) - 34-16 MidTn

34-16 Middle Tennessee based off highest state tournament finish then head to head and common opponents. Take it for what you will...although im sure a couple people will complain. 

Seriously you are going to give just a small space to Chattanooga area, but yet the ENTIRE area of middle TN to them?  LOL. Again lets do middle vs East, instead of Chattanooga vs middle TN. I mean Coffee County is closer by about 4 miles to downtown Chatt compared to downtown Nashville.  Davidson county, rutherford and williamson are a huge population. Davidson has more population compared to hamilton and bradley combined, heck actually about the same as hamilton and knox combined. Right now you are combining like Davidson, Rutherford, Williamson AND Montgomery LOL.  I say instead we do East/middle/West and all divisions combined and see what happens, I mean it is about as fair as above.

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Seriously you are going to give just a small space to Chattanooga area, but yet the ENTIRE area of middle TN to them?  LOL. Again lets do middle vs East, instead of Chattanooga vs middle TN. I mean Coffee County is closer by about 4 miles to downtown Chatt compared to downtown Nashville.  Davidson county, rutherford and williamson are a huge population. Davidson has more population compared to hamilton and bradley combined, heck actually about the same as hamilton and knox combined. Right now you are combining like Davidson, Rutherford, Williamson AND Montgomery LOL.  I say instead we do East/middle/West and all divisions combined and see what happens, I mean it is about as fair as above.

If you have the time to do that I would be interested to see those numbers. 

6 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

nah, they're whining about cleveland not winning ow and chatt being better than the rest of the state. they get this. 

10 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

As I think it was mentioned in another comment. The reason for MidTn vs chatt was because if you wrestle for public schools around the chatt area you find your way to Cleveland or Bradley. Not saying the other schools don’t have good kids but those are always top 2. heck kids from Midtn find their way to Cleveland to wrestle.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Midtnwrestling1 said:

As I think it was mentioned in another comment. The reason for MidTn vs chatt was because if you wrestle for public schools around the chatt area you find your way to Cleveland or Bradley. Not saying the other schools don’t have good kids but those are always top 2. heck kids from Midtn find their way to Cleveland to wrestle.  

not always, I mean Uhorchuk's wrestled with higher calling but stayed with Signal, Soddy until Henry retired was a top 3-4 school also but let themselves go. As far as large school in Chattanooga area you have a few choices like Baylor/McCallie, Cleveland, Bradley or just across the border and wrestle in Georgia.  Once higher calling started up that started what we are seeing now, but they have all kinds of kids that wrestled not just at cleveland or bradley but elsewhere.